One Down Two To Grow

nice, I like that magnifier! Are the pistils mostly between light white and brown? if that is the case I would be preparing to take her down. Maybe just pH water until you’re 100% sure shes ready (hahaha mostly are you ready! hahaha) @Screwauger

I have a similar scope, with the led light on it and my last grow seemed to never go amber or at least I couldn’t tell with that scope… I know some people go by the pistils… I think when the pistils Get to 75%… It’s time to chop chop… In retrospect, I think I should have chopped earlier… I may have waited to long??.. Or like @bob31 wrote… Chop at first amber… It’s a hard thing to figure, at least for me and my limited experience … Good luck, either way it should be good product @Screwauger

1 Like

I have read quite extensively on the amber trichomes and there are many who preach that amber trichomes are dying and losing THC and that the prime THC is in Milky / Cloudy Trichomes. For me I don’t wait around I let em rip at first amber!

5 Likes

I think the only way to know for sure is to get two good colas and cut each at different times and smoke em till you can’t remember your name!

@Screwauger I know you’re game!

2 Likes

Thanks gents. I just went back to the tent and looked closely at the sweet tooth and then at the 8 Ball again. I am seeing them all the same as sort of milky/cloudy but some clear as well. Def no amber yet.

So @bob31 you are saying you pull 'em at the first sign of amber you detect, right?

1 Like

Or you can do the staggered harvest… @Screwauger… That can be an option, harvest one week with milky/ cloudy… Then see if the amber starts the following weeks?

2 Likes

I do yes. as long as I can see that they are mostly cloudy.

Some guys swear by 15 to 25% amber tho. But I’m still doing the science!

:+1::v::palm_tree::grin:

2 Likes

I thought of that too. @Zombo

Like @bob31 said , Am I Ready??? LOL, NOOOOOO.

But 40 days under 12/12 it has to be 80% my impatience (Right Bob). Time for this gif 48

Rest assured I am keeping an eye on them so much so I have a cramp in my other eye from looking through that tiny lens. I’m gonna look again tomorrow and tonight, set up a second res of just water for the traumatized 8 Ball lol

2 Likes

Thats half my trouble. I’m like chop time…ummm maybe one more day! hahahaha

puff pull pass brothers!

@zombo @Screwauger

Im outta likes, owe you some tomorrow. 40 days under 12/12 doesn’t sound long enough but I have heard or some going early like that. Most I find 60-70 days of flowering.,

3 Likes

Thanks @Zombo

I am going to watch them closely and your experience is priceless, thanks. I do know the pistil method because when I grew indoors in the 90’s that’s all I knew. I wasn’t familiar with trichomes as much then only that they were resin reservoirs. We’ve (I’ve) come a long way baby!!

I know if I miss and it gives me couch lock, my biggest desire is good taste, smooth hit and ample lung expansion. I’ll just label it accordingly…for my stash.

3 Likes

It’s nice to have options. Last night I couldn’t fall asleep. A couple tokes of indica and sleepy sleepy!

I prefer Sativas tho!

3 Likes

Cool (mild cough) whew is that Labrador Man!! Sorry dating myself…lol @bob31
Gonna watch and hope for some more swell and perhaps ask amazon for a more powerful scope or at least one with a larger 90x window for these 56 yo eyes

3 Likes

Last year, I was given some shatter made by a local shop made from buds of Jack Herrer. The first two nights I had the stuff I layed in bed all night long with my mind racing over stupid stuff and I finally just got up and had some more. Wild stuff and I want to grow some one day. Like nothing I had experienced in 40+yrs of use. @bob31

PS No likes required, it’s a given bro.

2 Likes

it took me a minute

hahaha yep and some Maui Waui

I haven’t had the JH but all I have heard is good stuff. it’s available medically around town. It gets high ratings!

1 Like

“I wasn’t looking at your neck, man”

So I took a few bud pics of the 8Ball. I’m estimating 40% brown pistils so we wait and watch trichomes, I think.

Now that I look at them on my PC, 20% brown…I’m just impatient LMAO. Never MInd haha

7 Likes

Nice job… Looks like you have some more time left IMHO @Screwauger…nice buds brother

I agree with @Zombo looks like they could go a little longer…looking great :+1::+1:

1 Like

Trying your patience is what this stuff does. I’m with Zombo on the staggered harvest. Take a bunch at the first sight of amber and leave some to get more amber and keep them separate. I waited til the absolute latest on my Bubba Kush (which finished in Sept) and took the Sour D before she got much amber at all all the way into the first week of November.

Patience and a good eye are your allies at this point.

4 Likes

Great strategy. Keep separate stash cans.

2 Likes