..Odd leaf curl

I think we can also eliminate light. It starts under 400 or 600w in veg long before it hits the 1000w flower tent ?

Feel better hammer I got a couple of ideas I want to run by you honestly I’m just reaching out in the dark here but I’m not ready to believe it’s some kind of a strange virus or fungus yet

I believe it’s pH induced and I’ve got a couple ideas when your feeling better.

take care of yourself! I had the flu last week lasted maybe 3 days, one day was real bad

Four OG Kush, 3rd generation, both prior Generations have had it, but this is my most resistant plant. if I can keep it from appearing on these four than its a pH issue ? …isn’t it? Lol, we’ll get this!

Me: I just got back from Africa, I was playing cards with the natives

You: Zulu’s ?

Me: no, I usually won !

yes i know , are you any good with putters??? me iam still learning what all the forum icons do …only figured out how to "quote folks recently …lol But I can google .:microscope::crystal_ball::eyeglasses::flashlight::boom: and maybe a few of these :pill::pill: lol

1 Like

I’m not ready to ascribe this to anything but a misbehaving pH meter yet

I would ask but I’m assuming you’ve got a pretty good meter there

It shouldn’t take long with the new meter and what-have-you and recording stuff and all that happy shit that I don’t usually do

…if these four OG clones get this then I am officially going to put my hands in the air like I just don’t care and surrender

Then I’ll start spraying milk …or drinking it (or both)

I just am not ready to believe this is something mystical and magical, a virus, a blight or a generational curse ! Nope I believe it’s a malfunctioning meter and I’m staying with that for now

@Hammer here’s what I’m thinking

…in my case my pH was always about 6.2 sometimes when it said 6.3 that means it’s in the high fives so what I’m thinking is that I’m slooowly locking out all or some of the micronutrient that needs a higher pH for proper absorption

I believe it’s chronic and I believe that’s why this shows up at around the same point and around the same time in all plants that are cloned and kept together (same mother)

I think some get it worse than others because some get a lower pH. Admittedly I’m not all that careful but now with the new meter I’m dead on and recording everything

I’m going to get to the bottom of this hammer either you or I or somebody here is going to help us with this.

… this is not simple thing but we can solve this my friend, feel better and let me know what you think about this Theory

(site)

@Hammer I think I found it ?

Leaf Spot Fungus (LSF) aka Rust Spot

iuse two ph meters but the one i faver is the eco green one it reads fast and has stayed accurate …i test it before every use it takes about a second …to do i also use tds meter for my ppm …in hydro mine hits on 6.2 st h2o chang then i let it drift down to 5.6- 5-5 .max then rais it again …this allows it to absorb more nutes …when its in the 6.2- 6.3 range it get more nitrogen at the lower end it aborbs more P&K … am going to the link you provded … got to read it …Hammer

2 Likes

@Paranorman i think you may have it NAILED DOWN …i have to join to post … are you a member there??? is so can you post the picts of my underside leaves … and ask if theirs look like mine … 90 % of those photos are perfect spot on of mine …and did you see where they mentioned the OG kush as being a very resistant strain to this fungus but that their Cheese was croaking :cry: Hammer . I.See no ghost in the machine …and this is a very wet year here its adding up …NOW where do i get a fungus BOMBs for my room .spaying for that in my room is not feasible …Hammer …:wink:

1 Like

@Paranorman … wonder if burning Sulfur in the room would help ???or i may have to start taking down early …gosh i hope not …as i have 2-3 weeks left and their just starting to Pump It Up … lol Hammer … see the black spots do remind me of a fungus …makes sence …but got to take it up a notch now …and prove it …first is hypothesis,.then, theory after that its fact …Hammer .iam gonna go breath and drool on them for a while oh yeah and stare at them as if at beautiful women :smiling_imp: Hammer… Back in saddle soon… i soon want to start a new thread soon …maybe… First need to search the forum see if i can find something on the subject frist …if not then ill start it …How To Clean Seeds … to prevent bug or infections … to avoid cross contamination …maybe order the OG strain as back up LOL

Yep at least I feel pretty sure that we identified it, now comes the nightmare :frowning:

Like you said about the pictures I’m pretty sure that it’s ‘spot-on’ (bad pun)

Edit: my og kush mother had none. Two of her four clones has minor symptoms (2nd generation) and four 3rd Generation clones has none yet, but they’re only about 8-10" tall right now, but the cheese was not so lucky :frowning:

Cheese mother has issues but she’s also got about 3 ounces on her short stinky little frame so… cheese clones still look pretty good, two have some, two look pretty good so far…

So… here we go !

I read that the guys post in the link posted… that his cheese was dieing …and the OG kush was very resistant… Hammer

Right that’s why I mentioned those two strains above cuz I’ve got both of them going right now, the cheese is not looking great but it’s producing heavy so…?

My white widow had it bad but one of the plants gave me 6 to 8 ounces (I didn’t have a scale then) but out of 3 plants the other 2 gave me maybe an ounce and an ounce and a half, and they were very sick plants.

It also wreaked havoc on two different types of skunk

Just wondering aloud here…

From what I’ve read even if I put everything into flower and shut it down and clean it and let it stand for a month I still might not eradicate it

OG Kush is fine but I’m kinda getting a lot of it and it’s actually not my favorite Kush, my favorite is 8 Ball Kush and that poor plant is decimated by it! …it doesn’t even make it out of clone

My next step is ask the guy at the hydro store he’s got a degree in Horticulture maybe he’s got something there but from what I read this is not a simple thing to control

I’m planning on switching strains this fall I’m wondering if I should flower everything now, shut everything down and clean clean clean and let it stand for a while …from what I read that doesn’t guarantee that I’m going to get it out of my system ?

…thoughts ?

I think i found your problem

Here is a pic I had looks the same as yours

The leaf curling in the second photos…the PK…don’t worry too much about that. I’ve had that happen before, I’m not sure what it is…but the plant grew and produced just fine. My Space Jills are like that…and they’re fat and happy.

Iy appears to be a zinc/iron issue, because it’s at the top of the plant, correct? If it is the middle of the plant, it could also be magnesium.

Questions for you:

1.)how much phosphorus is in your mix, and your feed water?
2.)how much magnesium? do you add any?
3.)Potassium…add any?

If you can give me the above info…I might be able to help you out."

Will

one thing the article mentioned as well was 2 items to use .but I don’t know if they are sprays or aerosol bombs ??? learning how to use the new micro scopy thang lol hers a pict of them black thing s on the UNDERSIDE of leaves 300X

now the unaffected leaves only show the hairs ,all white … Hammer

1 Like

Yeah I don’t know if those are their names in Great Britain only or not

Sorry if I already asked, but what strains do you have this on, and which are worst affected?

I haven’t begun to look into this, I was just tickled !@#$ing pink when I found those pictures and that article and wanted to pass it along to you ASAP

I’m still half asleep, it’s the wee hours here and I’m spending all day at the beach today but we’re going to get these answers Hammer, and quick, you and I are going to take care of this my friend !

Will this thread is kind of a misnomer originally I had some Leaf curl from a heat issue, but I’m pretty sure I’ve got leaf spot fungus going on

This is something hammer and I have been chasing for a while across a few threads and I think we just nailed it down now we’re trying to figure out how best to treat it

Oh OK then. If ya need some more help I’m here my friend.

P. S How’s it going up tjer Hammer

Will

1 Like

The strains iam growing are Borderliner EXTRM, -less effected and last to show, most resistant … Rainbow Kush medium effected . , some to little resistance … Super Silver Haze showed quick ,and has some to little resistance but is the most effected …my raibow kush is hot on its heals but is 7 1/2 ft tall and touched the sun and was to close for i figured out a way to reach them look close …i had to crawl and use the grabbers to position the anhesive back hooks .then toss nut and strint to far end fasten it along the way and adjust it to with those grabber tool … enlare pict LMAO Hammer

@garrigan62 iam hanging in their …:slight_smile: hey did you see the picts i posted??? its the only diff we can find as to our spot probs …go back to top of thread i posted what iam using and eqip ment and see what you think of the BLACK spot issue …Ps iam gonna change my name on the to bob .cause me and Paranorman have used so much space on this thread . that i think Robert mite send me a bill …so don’t tel any one … Ham i mean BoB …LMAO … Pss the first picts are at 40X the others are 300X let me know what you think Bob hehe:bust_in_silhouette:

@Hammer that’s a good idea I’ll start a new thread somewhere in diseases or environment called whatever the hell this is called and will get everybody’s input I’ll pull in the monitors and I saw Robert Bergman on utube speaking about fungus in general but I didn’t finish it maybe I can link to that too

Personally I’m thinking of flowering everything and doing a big clean/disinfect. Am transitioning into fall and winter strains anyway so I might just start flowering everything right now but I definitely want to get a new thread going before I decide to do anything.

I’ll try to put it into some kind of understandable mumbo jumbo this weekend and I’ll send you the link and now I’m just rambling -I’m out

1 Like