Nubie looking for advice on my grow room build:will this work for ventilation and cooling lights?

I use the smart pots and go from cup to 5 gal pot I think the more you transplant them the more unnecessary stress you inflict on them
I went straight to 15 gal last grow hahahaha
Nice topping job bro
You’ll love the smart pots
I put mine on blocks to keep them off tent floor air can get under them and collecting run of is easy if you need to check it :cowboy_hat_face::+1:

2 Likes

Thank you when my buddy gave me those 2 clones last year he told me to pinch the the nodes off and I kinda blindly did it (not really knowing what I was doing) lol but I guess I did it rite cause they bushed rite out and came out great…so I pinched it the same way…so I’ll go straight to 5 gal pots…what’s your watering routine like? I usually pick up the pot and if it’s roughly as light as when I potted it I water it until I get my run off but I wouldn’t think I could do that…and that’s a great idea about the blocks…that’s why I ask you so many questions I like taking in as much knowledge as I can… hope you don’t mind…15 gal pot wow! how big did she get?:+1:

2 Likes

So I water about every two or three days feed water water feed works for me I also pick up pots to help judge and use a moisture meter I scroged one of my tents so picking up the pots is no longer an option there
I had a lot of issues early on in the 15 gal pot ph issues and what not I also stunted growth by placing light to close to plants early on
But in the end they reached about 48 to 50 inches
Was working out of a homemade box that was 6foot high so max on lights was around 5 1/2 feet
If they would have been outside They would have been big lol

2 Likes

Good morning I’ll ad a moisture meter to my list for the grow shop and what a list it is lol…and with bigger pots I was worried about ph and over watering problems…and yes you would have had yourself a tree if they were outside lol

1 Like

I had issues because I went from solo cup to 15 gal pot I should have started with a five gallon or smaller pot then transplanted when it was time to 15 gal pot Yeah that list just grows bro
Every time I get something on my list I see 2 more items I want so the list never ends once you get all the necessary items your wish list just gets longer hahahaha
I plan on putting at least one plant outside as soon as it warms up I have it in a 5gal pot now and will transfer to a 25 gal when I move her outside in another 3-4 weeks she’s going to be my monster plant :seedling:
I have a super silver haze plant in my veg tent that I’m topping and super cropping and getting ready for the move out :+1::v: Should be a good grow @WillyJ

2 Likes

I’ve been busy cleaning out my basement selling some stuff from wifey catering business got a bunch of stainless tables and of course there full of stuff lol but im getting there should be able to go to home depot and pick up my supplies and get building by tonight…she wanted the basement cleaned out and I wanted to grow so win win situation except I got to do all the work lol… I’m going to gow 2-3 out on my deck again in 5 gal pots one of each strain I got…do a comparison on the indoor vs outdoor…might make an interesting subject to do a thread on…

2 Likes

I’m anxious to get to the grow store and pick up all my goodies I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning lol…we have an HTG grow store 20 min from me I’ll be a gold member when I walk out!

lol I hear you on that I get that way every time I get something new for the grow
Yes I think that would be interesting thread
Same strain indoors and out
TAg me if you do that

1 Like

I will for sure!:+1:

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 how you doing today? I’m about to head over to the grow shop…was thinking I’m going to do a perpetual grow and I’m going to go with 2 600 mh instead of 2 1000 in veg and ad a big T5 light so I’ll have my small T5 for seedlings/clones move them to big T5 then to the 600 then to flower…in flower I’ll use 2 1000 hps for first half of flowering and move them to the other 2 1000’s for the final weeks…and keep the rotation going…that way I’ll never run out of medicine…what do you think? Also got a problem with the bigger plant which I think I can fix today…I believe the nutes ran dry in the ffof and I have a deficiency maybe lack of phosphorus not sure maybe you can help…I’m going to transplant today using ffof should I feed it some bloom nutes also to bump up the phosphorus or just water them…will the nutes in new soil be enough for now? Here’s a pic

1 Like

I’ve been using the ph up and down kit and watering between 6.0 and 6.5 and run off is around the same…off the color chart…I’ll be picking up meters today to know for sure

1 Like

I think your plan sounds awesome dude! Perpetual is the way to go if you’re a heavy smoker like myself lol

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

I’m good bro just had house evaluated for solar will have solid $ on that this week how you doing brother
I wanted to do the same but got excited and germinated to many seeds at once hahaha next grow I plan on doing the same though
Sounds like a solid plan bro
I just ordered a 10x20x7 green house for the yard :cowboy_hat_face:
Super excited about that @WillyJ

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 that’s cool should save you some money on electric…my friend just got his greenhouse in he’s probably building ot rite now lol you’ll have plenty of space then! Just got back from the grow store got all my stuff… freaking awesome lol now to build…I’m transplanting those 3 today and then figuring out my plan on how many more to germinate to get started…

1 Like

Nice bro sounds good
What type of goodies you grab ?
Yeah I have 2 1/2 acres it mostly wooded but I have a nice clearing down back that I plan on putting it so it will be cool
I’ll still have my indoor going but I will put two or three in there with my vegetables
I’m building a few planting beds outside the green house as well

1 Like

That sounds great! Sounds like you got a nice piece of property…I got…here we go lol lights,ballasts,fans,speed controllers.auto pilot light controller,timers,temp/humidity gauges,10"filter can,duct, smart pots,soil,nutes,PH/EC/TDS combo reader,rope ratchet hangers ect…I’m a happy man! @Dr.DankThumb420

8 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 the store owes me 1 light hood and the 4 1000w ballasts still…they should be in Tuesday

4 Likes

Woohoo :raised_hands: brother your all in now :grin::+1:
That’s awesome love it
Can’t wait till your all set up and running your going to have a great harvest my man :sunglasses::grin::+1:

3 Likes

You are definitely ready to roll.

1 Like

@WillyJ I can’t wait to see what great medicine you’re going to produce should be unbelievable to good growing that’s awesome my friend

3 Likes