Northern lights auto day 11

So I started this plant in light warrior, how does she look? 11 days old today.

2 Likes

Looking good! :seedling:

1 Like

So I’m getting ready to transplant this but I’m afraid to use the ffof because of those damn fungus gnats. I also have a bag of rapid rootz king soil. I battled fungus gnats once before and it was awful. I have not opened up any of the bags yet but I’m kind of dreading what might be in there. :neutral_face: I keep reading about how it is a ongoing problem.

1 Like

I’ve been getting gnats as well… I took the soil outside with 2 five gal buckets and mixed in DE then mixed it all up. I then out it back in the ffof bag… First time I ever did this so don’t know if it will work? But there is gnats in that soil for sure… Also have those yellow sticky pads in tent… @Noctis420

1 Like

Damn that bites gonna go pick up some de and play sand I think

So I went with the rapid rootz king soil. The transplant was successful it literally took a min to transplant her. She was starting to grow roots around the pot so I think it was the perfect time. She is a little droopy because I let it get pretty dry but it’s in its permanent home now. Got some battery operated fans in there to help with air flow. I switched to the led lights and its way cooler in there now too plus the lights are like 5x stronger. Here is a pic. What ya think?

I

1 Like

One day after transplant found fungus gnats crawling in it so I covered it with sand and taped the drain holes. Might trash it don’t know what else to do.

Hey @Zombo did mixing in the DE solve your gnat problem?

1 Like

Yes it did… DE is a must have for growers… it’s a friggin miracle powder… lol @Noctis420. Lots of uses around the home… wanted to add that you need to get the food grade version… just in case someone hasn’t used it before…my DE had an OMRI food grade version

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I’m thinking about trying a fox farms ocean forest soil grow. I’ll be mixing in the food grade DE like you did. :+1:

1 Like