Noob in need of wisdom!

I agree a 4" intake would be best but I was under the impression this is what was already purchased. Perhaps a error on my reading. But @Vance420 if you haven’t purchased these items I would get a 4" for my intake fan. I personally am going to run one fan as intake and exhaust through a ice chest with ice in it so it cools off my air as I have temp issues since my tent is small.

1 Like

I read it as Vance420 hadn’t purchased, so that could’ve been the confusion.

How do you feel the humidity will be using the ice?

Im not sure but rt now its 80F in my tent and the RH is 42%

1 Like

That doesn’t sound bad at all.

I don’t have much experience with the ice cooler method, so I was just curious. Logically I would expect the cool moist air hitting the warm tent to increase the moisture content quite a bit though.

I haven’t done the ice chest thing yet. Normally my tent can get as hot as 91f. Im in Cali and like desert area somewhat so it is like 104 outside so I run the ac all day and when the lights r on I open the tent so the ac air cools it down to about 80f. I just harvested 3 plants and found some seeds in all of them and im thinking the heat issue was the cause of this

1 Like

Ya, that could be tough. I’d say it’s worth a try given your situation. What are you running for lights, and what’s your ventilation set up now?

I just picked up a 4 inch ac infinity cloudline. It comes with a temp contoller, and is suppose to pretty quiet and efficient.

I have a 4" walmart desk fan at the top to blow around the hot air and a walmart 6" desk fan in the middle of my tent to blowair on my plants. My light is a 300w viparspectra LED and my tent is 2x2x4

2 Likes

So nothing removing the air from the tent? @BudBuddy

No that’s why I open the tent when the light is on so I can get some air circulation. Im gonna be moving my grow to one of my rooms when were done laying tile but until then its stuck in the living room

1 Like

You may not even need to build the ice cooler. I would at least try a decent exhaust fan first. I think it will make a solid difference to be actually exchanging the air inside of the tent.

1 Like

Problem is $$$. Have any suggestions where I can get one under $45

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Inline-Booster-Noise-Grounded/dp/B01C82SYZ0/ref=sr_1_9?tag=greenrel-20

https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Inline-Booster-Noise-Grounded/dp/B01C82SZRM/ref=sr_1_9?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

I hear ya. I can’t think of anything off the top of my head. I picked up the Ac infinity fan with automated temp/speed controller for $99 on amazon. I haven’t fired it up yet to give you an honest opinion, but I’d save up a little more $ and look to get into something like it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06ZXWN3BG/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

@Rugar89 Thanks, that’s like more in my price range. Right now my big problem is with drying and curing. My buds are nice and dense on the plant but once I cut and dry they get airy. I just harvested 3 plants and I already see this problem coming on. If I do get one of these fans so I put it in one of the fan holes on the tent or do I put ducting in the hole then attach fan? I have honestly never seen how they go I pretty much learn as I go. Thank for your help

Im on disability took me months just to get my tent then several months after that to get the light.

1 Like

I understand. One of the fans @Rugar89 suggested should do.

I just set mine on the top of my tent with ducting going into the tent.
This didn’t prove to be a ideal fan setup once I hooked a filter up, but for what you need it for it will work great without a filter.
https://ilgmforum.com/uploads/short-url/hbu0xheUy8Y2o63jH1dpJ1jiSQF.JPG

1 Like

would you recommend a 4" or 6" or should I get both?

1 Like

@Rugar89 I think I have my tent setup wrong in the first place that hole up top is where I have all my plug wires going through. Does light seep in through there? My tent is in the living room and there’s some type of light always on in there whether it be a tv, laptop, moonlight from window.

1 Like

Run your cords thru a bottom or side port.
Run a couple feet of ducting inside and put the open end facing up in a top corner with a curve in the ducting. Light wont get around a corner. You could also run extra ducting on the exit side of the fan on the roof with a curve.

1 Like