No sprouts - Germinating White Widow AF in peat pods

I did break it into two batches and I used two germinating methods as well. The first in the pods and went 0-fer. The second in water. And, as I stated in an earlier post, when I placed my seeds in water, they all but two immediately sank to the bottom.

What other methods do you recommend?

2 Likes

Personally I use the paper towel method. Works 98% of the time for me!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

What does it mean when the seeds sink? I think that is expected?

I did the paper towel deal last time and it worked. I’ve heard good things about dropping seeds in the cup of water until the seed cracks and it has at least a 1/4 tail. I will be doing this method next myself.

I received my replacement seeds the other day so I’m coming back to this post because this is where I left off. First, the original batch. I ended up with 11 plants total. 7 Gold Leaf and 4 Girl Scout Cookies. Two GSC’s are less then 12-inches tall after almost two months. The others are all about 3-feet tall and looking good. I expected more uniformity but all were grown in the same soil mixture, same ph controlled water, same room, and same technique’s (topping, grooming, etc). Some grew straight up. Some bushy. Others a combination of the two. Budding is looking good and I adjusted my light spectrum to go into final weeks. Still was not impressed that I ended up with only 18% of seeds making it to plants. The GL’s obviously will have higher yields then the GSC’s.

Germinated 10 of the replacement GSC seeds. Did everything the same as I did the first time. First, none sank this time! After 30 hours I had 8 tails! Now I’m happy! Dropped 10 GL’s in water this morning and feeling pretty good!

Thanks for your input and thank you ILGM for backing up your promise. I did notice the replacements came much quicker. Curious if lesser travel time is a factor.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Nice job! Seems you know what you doing :+1:

Thank you! Just show them done love and they love you back!