No sprouts - Germinating White Widow AF in peat pods

I’m guessing your replying by email? If so you need to edit the name and number from it before you send it. I’m guessing that’s your name and phone number

Understood and corrected.

1 Like

I thought you were gonna pull them out of the soil and soak them again?

I’m with the other fellow you don’t really need to do anything more if you don’t want. I would contact ILGM by replying to their email and ask them to send you new seeds. Most of the time with ILGM seeds its usually the other way around, all of them germinate!

Don’t expect to hear from them till next week though, it’s late Friday night there.

1 Like

I’ve started germinating new seeds. This time I’m soaking them in water for 24 hours first. Funny thing happened. I put Girl Scout Cookies in one and Gold Leaf in another. In both glasses, all but one seed dropped to the bottom of the glass. Would a seed that doesn’t sink indicate that it’s dead and won’t take on water?

No a seed that sinks, is the one that has had the integrity of the shell compromised. It may not be any good of it sinks right away, I would try to germinate anyway. I had a seed come to me already cracked, so I put it directly into a peat pellet and she is growin good

Thank you for the info, though it was not exactly what I wanted the answer to be. These came with the White Widow seeds that didn’t germinate. So apparently my entire order was compromised along the way.

Thanks again for the help of your knowledge and experience!

Now could they still be viable, yes. There’s no harm in tryin. Sometimes $#!+ happens for whatever reason. Every seed I’ve ever germinated from ILGM have sprouted. I germinated by their guidelines and have had 100% rate of germination

3 Likes

After hearing the news I sadly went over to my seeds to see my sunken seeds. But the bud gods are with me and here’s some pics of what I found:

5 Likes

I told you brother, just gotta have a little faith haha

4 Likes

Now get them in soil or whatever you are using

2 Likes

Doing it now! Thank you once again my man! Thank you!

2 Likes

Not a problem brother, if you need anythin else just holler

Already have one. The Gold Leaf seeds aren’t showing anything. No change. Do I pull them and move to soil anyway?

Gold Leaf seeds after 24 hours in water

I personally just soak mine for 24 hours then plant them anyway, regardless of cracking or not.

1 Like

Okay. Will do same. As always, grateful for your help!

1 Like

Keep us posted on your progress @jrgs3365

Not a problem brother, just keep us posted

Update. My total percentage of plants came to 18.3%. That’s not very good and being such a high percentage of failure, and that all seeds came in one order, I’m sure something happened in transit. I’m not new to this, except for the germinating in water, so I’ve got to assume my order got botched in transit.

Anyway, thanks to all for your help. I’m going to contact ILGM and try this again.

I would recommend trying a few different techniques next time then. And don’t try to germinate all the seeds at once, just in case. It’s usually human error for why the seeds don’t germinate.

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree: