NLA dwc in YMM4FT take two

So my first grow out of my yield machine max was pretty good, 40 grams of sticky stinky northern lights. For this grow I changed up the lights alot.

I am using 4 2ft t5 light bars for side lighting, and I have a 150w ufo led cheapy from Amazon (40w actual draw).
I just popped the bean in a rapid root starters n popped a bottle on top for extra humidity (ty @bob31 I stole the idea from you ;). For this grow I’m hoping I can break 58 gram harvest, really hoping for 72 grams ;). I filled the res after a nice scrubbing with half dechlorinated water n half distilled water and added 10 ml’s of hydro guard, 20 ml’s of liquid karma n 2 ml’s of this root thing called like Excalibur or something like that. Gunna pH the water to 5.8 and hope everything starts out good!

I also have a 2x2 tent with two gold leaf in a dwc set up that I’m trying to revive in veg quick enough so I can put em in flower n not out grow my 5 ft tent lol. That tent I’m running a 400 Rolando cob led I just got for 99$ on ammyzon (200watt actual draw).

Annnnnndddd in the woods I have 3 blueberry autos that I don’t visit n give enough love too, but are now like 3-4ft tall and flowering. Gunna have to start hiking out to my gorilla grow spot more often to give them some pk boost nutes so they get nice n fat ;).

Basically I’m gunna probably post about all three on this 1 journal because, 1 I don’t want to have 3 lol. 2 the blueberry autos will probably be done in a month or two. 3 the gold leaf n northern lights will probably finish right about the same time I’m guessing.

Happy growing.
Time to toke a bowl of my NLA I just finished drying a few days ago xD!

7 Likes

That’s certainly a cool little box you have set up @Tonyb
I have a small tent ruffly the same size as that I use for a single Auto or seedlings
Can’t wait to see the new grow woohoo
Happy growing enjoy the bowl

1 Like

I’m just hoping to beat 40 gram harvest. Last buds were beautiful, smelly, tasty even before curing, so I’m really hoping for the same just 18-32 grams higher in yield :stuck_out_tongue:

Such a clean setup, it’s very nice!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Tis. I think 4 t-5’s might be a lil over kill though. Temps were getting in the 90s lol. I’mma try moving the led up closer to the exhaust and hopefully that’ll fix all that

So… My outdoor joint I treated like a red headed step child for like 3-4 weeks… Lol

I think they’re looking pretty good for giving em almost no love at all ;p.

@Countryboyjvd1971

7 Likes

Hell yeah brother they look great to me how much longer you think they have
There Autos right ?

Yes. I really have no clue :x I don’t remember when they popped or when I put outside lol. Guestimating I’d say 1 month, 1.5 maybe? I think day light is starting to get shorter also. That’ll probably speed them along also

2 Likes

Nice another month they will be nice and big then
Happy days brother @Tonyb

Thanks man you too. I’m just hoping for 1.5 oz off each plant. With that much I could sell it and buy a 2nd tent guilt free cuz it’ll be paid for from profit (:

woke up this morning and my NLA sprouted (: 7/29 sprout date, if it’s like my last plant should be about 75 days until I’m harvesting again :).

My tent with the 2 gold leaf are in the tail end of 36 hrs of complete darkness, thank you @MAXHeadRoom for bringing this technique to my eyes. When I get home from work tonight I’m going to set up the lights. Also Thanks to max, I’m going to put in my 400w cob led and also my marshydro 300w. I don’t have a lux meter or what ever they’re called, but I’m pretty sure it’s going to be pumping out a fair amount of light. I’m hoping for 6 oz from the two gold leaf, hopefully that isn’t an outrageous goal.

@Countryboyjvd1971 here is the thread btw cb. Still not to much happening on here yet though lol

1 Like

I really can’t take credit for the 36 hours of darkness thing. That comes from Roberts guides. You just have to read them. But blasting them with all the Chinese lights that you have is a good idea. You won’t be sorry you did that

Getting 3oz per plant is a good goal, I’m hoping for 5 myself with GL

@Tonyb your last run in the cab was with the 40 watt actual ufo right? Gram per watt yeild is pretty solid, I’d expect the same plus .5 gram ish per watt for the additional t5’s. I think you’ll be right around what you’re hoping to get. Provided all goes well.

If you’re having issues with the temps, you can probably kill the t5’s for a little bit to give you some time to figure something out.

How big is that res in your cab? It looks like it has spots for 9 pots, have you tried a photo run with all 9 in use?

I’d hope for more but they had a ruff veg lol

Ya I tried photo bag seeds very first grow… Not worth trying lol. The gold leaf are in a 2x2 tent. And a NLA just sprouted in the cab

1 Like

Would you mind elaborating on what kind of issues you had?

I understand some of the potential issues with running an auto. But I was thinking more along the lines of an sog style grow. Short veg time, and focus more on growing single cola plants. Rather than running a long veg time and training 1 or 2 plants to fill the area, I’d just fill it with several small plants.

If you went for a sog feel with a short veg it would probably be fine, but I didn’t :x which caused the problems lol

1 Like

I love my cab for growing 1 auto at a time but it really isn’t meant for photo plants Imo. Maybe if u had a real short stocky strain but the box is 4ft tall so with space between canopy n the led n then bottom of the box to top of the res or pot if u did a dirt grow out the box doesn’t leave alot of grow space

1 Like

Gotcha. I would imagine you probably ran out of room fairly quickly. I’m trying to figure out what size res I’m gonna need. I can get clones of a few 8 week flowering strains. Any thoughts on what size would be safe without going overboard?

My opinion might differ from others but I really don’t think having a huge res helps, other than helps u use your nutes quicker. I have a nice bucket in my Amazon cart rn. I’ll post it in a sec

1 Like