Nitrogen deficiency?

Attached pic will show u what I’m taking about. Outdoor grow, ladies are even directly in the ground. This is showing on about 1/4 of plants, all are in same “half” of grow area.

3 Likes

I’ve been using a 2/4/1 organic liquid fish fert. I know I need something with higher nitrogen and phosphorus, any suggests on how much more? :thinking:

Could be nutrient lockout from ph issues too but the plant doesn’t look bad. At the top of the forum is a support ticket. If you would be kind enough to copy and paste that in and fill it out that will be very helpful.

1 Like

It’s hard to tell from the pic but are they starting to fower?

Looks more like potassium deficient not nitrogen

4 Likes

She doesn’t look too bad, I would be going with seabird or bat guano with N, P, and K- Potassium - sulfate of potash and Ascophyllum nodosum seaweed type.

I prefer organic fertilizers, there are many other types…

Need higher Phosphorus and still need Nitrogen during flower.

I like to go 1/2 dose when adding fertilizers…

For flowering though after your first 2 weeks you want to start cutting back on nitrogen and adding more phosphorus and potassium to start helping your buds fill out and add on weight and the way your leaves are yellowing they are expressing an early stage of potassium deficiency

2 Likes

Have you considered using a flower fert like FF tiger bloom? Seems like a quick solution and you could feed some 1/2 strength and some full strength considering your growing in ground to see which works best.

If going the route of fixing a potassium deficeincy id recommend rhino skin it reacts in soil within 24 hours. Its a pure form of potassium silicate and has many benefits for cannabis plants.

Also plants grown with silica or silicon have Proven to be healthier than plants grown without it especially in the flower phase. In soil plants tend to use up all available sources of silicon provided by the soil naturally, therefore adding it as a booster can actually keep plants healthier give a better harvest over all and help aid in lots of other ways.

Rhino skin is one of my top favorite nutrients to use

2 Likes

@Big123
@Majiktoker
@Myfriendis410Regular
@gldeaton50

I hate to say it but your all off base on this one. The problem here is; Magnesium I have added two pic’s they are very very simular to the pic’s that were posted

1134Magnesium-1

agnesium helps supports healthy veins while keeping a healthy leaf production and its structure. Magnesium is significant for chlorophyll-production and enzyme break downs. Magnesium which must be present in relatively large quantities for the plant to survive, but yet not to much to where it will cause the plant to show a toxicity.

Magnesium is one of the easiest deficiencies to tell… the green veins along with the yellowness of the entire surrounding leave is a dead giveaway, but sometimes that’s not always the case here. In case you have one of those where it doesn’t show the green veins, sometimes leaf tips and edges may discolor and curl upward. The growing tips can turn lime green when the deficiency progresses to the top of the plant. The edges will feel like dry and crispy and usually affects the lower leaves in younger plants, then will affect the middle to upper half when it gets older, but It can also happen on older leaves as well. The deficiency will start at the tip then will take over the entire outer left and right sides of the leaves. The inner part will be yellow and or brownish in color, followed by leaves falling without withering. The tips can also twist and turn as well as curving upwards as if you curl your tongues.

Excessive levels of magnesium in your plants will exhibit a buildup of toxic salts that will kill the leaves and lock out other nutrients like Calcium (Ca). Mg can get locked out by having too much Calcium, Chlorine or ammonium in your soil/water.
One of the worst problems a person can have is a magnesium def caused by a ph lockout. By giving it more magnesium to cure the problem when you are thinking you are doing good, but actually you are doing more harm then good. When the plants can’t take in a nutrient because of the ph being off for that element, the plant will not absorb it but it will be in the soil… therefore causing a buildup. A buildup will be noticed by the outer parts of the plant becoming whitish and or a yellowish color. The tips and part way in on the inner leaves will die and feel like glass. Parts affected by Magnesium deficiency are: space between the veins (Interveinal) of older leaves; may begin around interior perimeter of leaf.

Problems with Magnesium being locked out by PH troubles

Light Acid Soils, soils with excessive potassium, calcium and or phosphorus

Soil

Magnesium gets locked out of soil growing at ph levels of 2.0-6.4
Magnesium is absorbed best in soil at a ph level of 6.5-9.1 . (Wouldn’t recommend having a ph of over 7.0 in soil) anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Magnesium deficiency.

THE SOLUTION

Solution to fixing a Magnesium deficiency
Any Chemical/Organic nutrients that have Magnesium in them will fix a Magnesium deficiency. (Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients or it will cause nutrient burn!)
Other nutrients that have magnesium in them are: Epsom salts, which is fast absorption. Dolomite lime and or garden lime (same thing just called different) which is slow absorption. Sulfate of Potash, Magnesia which is medium absorption. Worm Castings, which is slow absorption. Crabshell which is slow absorption. Earth Juice Mircoblast, which is fast acting. (a must buy!! Has lots of 2ndary nutrients).
Now if you added to much chemical nutrients and or organics,( which is hard to burn your plants when using organics) You need to Flush the soil with plain water. You need to use 2 times as much water as the size of the pot, for example: If you have a 5 gallon pot and need to flush it, you need to use 10 gallons of water to rinse out the soil good enough to get rid of excessive nutrients.

Wrote by
Stitch
Posted by
Garrigan65

3 Likes

@garrigan62. I just purchased a flowering nutrients, it’s called sensi grow I believe. It’s a 2 part flowering, not organic which sux, but I will start at 1/2 potency. If this does not help, o will refer back to your post,… I’ll never remember all that awesome info. Thank you for taking time stich!! :wink:

@mainah

I’m not Stitch I’m Garrigan65 lol Stitch wrote it…but no worries…lol
Just copy it to you files for future referance’s.
I know Senis good stuff and that may very well help you plants as a matter of fact it will…lol

Will

1 Like

Gotta wake up pretty early to get one by on @garrigan62 awesome save man

1 Like

@Wishingilivedina420state

Gotta save the plants that’s all that matters…right ?

Will

1 Like

That’s right all about the lady’s .

1 Like

I got a fun day ahead of me today. I got to deliver an 800lb dinning table.
I’m going to have to double up on my med’s on this one today…lmao

Will

2 Likes

Double up on some help , give them a joint and let someone else lift

that’s to funny cause that’s what i do. i’ll give them about 4 or five j’s for helping and there more than happy. hell they would do it for nothing they are my best friends.

Will

2 Likes

Any body willing to lift a 800 pound table for a joint is definitely your best friend, smoke one with them for me . My back hurts just thinking about it @garrigan62
Would that be that really nice table I saw a pic of ? That was nice.

Yes it is. the top is: 2 1/2" thick 36" wide and 5’ long soild white oak
the two legs are 2 1/2" thick 30" wide and 34" tall with a 2 1/2 "x 6"x5’ beam for support all solid white oak

Will

1 Like