Newbie with a million Q's getting ready for this summers outdoor

Awesome @Buds007 I’ll be watching your grow! I’m very excited it’s WWA!

@Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 @peachfuzz @garrigan62 @Myfriendis410 @FreakyDeekie @AmnesiaHaze How long should I leave them in the water? I have the starter balls ready to go but I don’t see a tap root yet & it said to put the seeds in for 24hrs. Do I take them out or leave them till I see the root?

1 Like

I just left mine in water for 24 hours and then moved them to the peat pellets down a quarter of an inch soil loose and in a moist environment ( I used a small, high-domed plastic thingy that you germinate seeds in). They were up and showing their pretty heads within 24-36 hours :green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

I don’t use a time, I let the seed tell me what it wants. The taproot will tell you. When it is out a 1/4” then plant in your starting pot/peat pellet/Rockwell cube etc

1 Like

Yeah I was worried I might drown the seeds if I waited longer than 24hrs. I ordered one of the domes but it turned up crushed, total bummer! But at least they gave me a refund. :+1:

2 Likes

@Buds007 you could always just take a 2 litre bottle and cut it in half to use as a dome over individual seedlings instead of the dome. it works just as well.

4 Likes

As long as the seed is floating it will not drowned. Are you keeping the water at 75-80 degrees and keeping the cup or whatever covered? I use a zip lock baggie. I’m 100% germination. Sometimes it take up to 48 hours or so to have them germinate, but they always do! @Buds007

3 Likes

Some shell husks are thicker than others. Keep soaking until she cracks.

1 Like

Yup, she’s gonna wiggle her tail at ya before you know it! hahaha @Myfriendis410 @Buds007

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 @peachfuzz @garrigan62 @Myfriendis410 @FreakyDeekie @AmnesiaHaze @noobius

So after a tense 60hrs & a bit of a change I HAVE 4 TAILS, WAHOO!!! :laughing:

I’ve just put them in the peat starters & tomorrow I will be putting up my tent(yep I’ve pulled the trigger & this will now be indoor), but for now they are just sitting on top of one of my fish tanks. Needless to say, but I’m both relieved & over the moon! :hugs:

Absolute bummer happened, I ordered a dome & look how it turned up, dang it!! Good thing is I got my money back, but PITA is I have to get another one, & soon too.

3 Likes

@Buds007

well that sucks…but hey 1.) you got your money back…2.) you don’t have to lift the top off for fresh air…lol
Tag me so that i can better follow your grow

Will joint

1 Like

Hahaha, always looking at the bright side, nice one @garrigan62 :+1: :laughing:

1 Like

That does stink but looks like you can push it out ? @Buds007

@Buds007 if it doesn’t pop out on it’s own grab a hair dryer on high and blow it on it for a few seconds while u hold it in position. It should mold itself back. That’s what I did with mine

4 Likes

Great tip @noobius

And thanks for the update @Buds007

Absolutely a good tip @noobius

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 @peachfuzz @garrigan62 @Myfriendis410 @FreakyDeekie @AmnesiaHaze @noobius

I figured out a solution for the squashed dome. I was breaking down & cleaning out a few fishtanks & one of them seems to be just the right size, just like plastic, only glass! :+1: :grin:

They seem to be liking it. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

nice green house yeah man u knw dat bless :ok_hand::+1:

Update - Day 9

Pretty happy with the progress of the first two. The second two are trying to poke their heads up, must have put them in upside down. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Update - Day 10

I came home today to find roots popping out the side of the peat starter, so I did a quick transplant & a bit of a spray & we’ll see how they look in the morning.
I can see something going on in the last two peat starters, just not sure when they’ll pop up. :grin: :+1:

Also, when do I start feeding? I’m supposed to wait for the second true leaves, right!.

2 Likes