Newbie Questions

It’s kinda overwhelming @Convertgrower. I’ve been blown away with how much info there is out there now. I hadn’t been following any of this until 2 months ago. I’m a big sativa fan so I’m always checking those out. Chocolope seems really appealing though I’m hesitant because I haven’t even finished my first autoflower grow and chocolope is a photosensitive strain and… but who knows. I saw a review of one called Chernobyl which just sounds wicked.

@Ross14 I would like to try more sativas, but I only have 80 inches to give them room. So l have to do a lot of plant training… I like the idea of being “more active” after consuming. I think I have chocolope in my wishlist. I’ll try and find Chernobyl. I’m most interested in strains for migraines, my primary reason why I grow. I’ve been researching about the possibility of becoming a daily consumer in small amounts as it sometimes irradicates migraines. I’ll only be able to find out after harvest. I’m on a limited supply from a friend at the moment.

1 Like

@Covertgrower. I have the same height limitations and the chocolope is a tall one but I was thinking some LST would perhaps remedy that, and it supposedly produces a ton of bud. Depending on how I do with this first grow of AK47 auto will determine if I go with a photosensitive stain. They have a much longer grow period and it just depends on my harvest which is still weeks away. I’m actually growing for myself and a friend. She suffers from anxiety and panic attacks and it seems chocolope will help. PS. How long do restrictions last on our posting?

@Ross14 I’m not certain on restrictions, but the more you browse, like, and comment on the forum, they give you more access. I read AK-47 is a good strain for migraines. I have all photo period strains, they’re pretty easy and straightforward. They have as long of a grow period as you let them. You can even start flowering as soon as they come up! (Won’t amount to much, but you could) more than welcome to follow along in my grow journal, I update weekly, so you’ll know what you’re getting into. It’s also my first grow, and not with out mistakes!

1 Like

@Ross14 well in that case welcome to a fellow Southerner transplant. I lived in Arizona for most of my life until about 8 years ago when my husbands job required a transfer to Florida and then 3 years ago to Georgia. Yeah seems like every bloody state I leave, begins to slowly turn their laws towards being a little more MJ friendly; ONCE I LEAVE! LOL. So here I sit in redneck, red, ultra conservative, far right Georgia with the most asinine laws concerning even basic cannabis oil (can’t grow it here, can’t produce it here, can’t transport it in from another state, but yeah we are thinking of our constituents so much we will allow oil for all of about 4 medical conditions…ugh) So like you, got tired of being without and even if we do buy off the streets, the quality is pathetic and the cost is high…sooooo there you go.

BTW, we go to NC a lot, in fact we are looking at buying in the western mountains, around Murphy, Bryson City.

This is an amazing place, with tons of knowledge and amazing people, comradery and good vibes. Settle in, read, read and read more. You are gonna love this journey!

Visit my journal any time and comment I have some really cool old ladies (like myself…errr as long as old ladies don’t skeeve you out or anything hah) who like to chit chat about love, money and the high cost of Depends" oh and of course our new loves, weed. (and just about anything else in between)

5 Likes

@rodri59 I have been reading yer journal. What a gas! Such a warm group of people you’ve got following you, and I’m now one of them. It’s great that the grow is a whole family venture. No so for me, but that’s okay as long as I can keep it hidden. I have a pretty basic 3’x3’x80"grow tent in a small closet and I’ve pretty much convinced the folks not to come downstairs. The set up is quiet and I’ve read that the ak-47’s are small, so the 5 I’ve got growing should be okay. I first came to the forum, because the girls are small to be approaching five weeks. Instead of doing the transplant thing I planted directly into 5-gallon cloth pots. Someone said early on that the plants were focusing on their root development and that’s what I kinda thought… Even though they’re small they look very healthy and there’s 900w worth of new led’s arriving this Monday so I should be bangers come flowering cycle. I guess the LED’s were the total go to for growing myself route. A traditional lighting system would have shot up the electric bill way too much plus I would have had to figure out something for cooling and power which is beyond my current circumstances.

Western NC is great! I lived in Asheville in the late 90’s. I’m not familiar with Murphy or Bryson City but the vibe in that part of the state is great!

I hope to keep a grow journal my next grow. I’m loving yours. Have you considered writing?

1 Like

Awesome @Ross14! Sounds like you have a good handle on things.You will learn so much more with all the fab peeps here. Any question is regarded as important (and trust me on this, I have tested that theory!).

I get the stealth, can make it difficult for sure, but not insurmountable. Yeah I am pretty lucky to have my husband in my corner - usually. Of course I do spend a bit more money than he would like, but he indulges me in the end. We recently had this conversation:

Me: Hey Dahling (yes “dahling” as in a very snobby term of endearment) I want to buy some more seeds!
Hubs: :eyes::roll_eyes:
Me: I found some great ones!!! Exciting right?!
Hubs: You are kidding right??
Me completely ignoring his previous question: Hey look at this one! A few of the reviews says it makes them freaky deaky in the bedroom!
Hubs: :perk: :running_man: to get :credit_card: :wink:

I know how to gets what I wants…:blush:

I actually do write, copy writing and content writing, thanks for the compliment. Maybe I am doing something right after all. I was a teacher for years, but I wrote music which is a wholelotta different and more forgiving than the written word.

Good luck with your grow, your gonna love it. Say hi on my journal. We are old ladies there mostly, but pretty fun, you should see us argue the merits of Depends! Hah.

Rodri

PS I love Asheville! Just a bit too far for us. We are in NW Georgia, and although I am ready to retire, hubby is not so I need a place close enough he can drive too either each day or at least for the weekend. Ashville is a bit too far for that for us.

3 Likes

@rodri59 who you calling an old lady on your thread? Haha
@Ross14 ya know I’ll tell you a short story so as not to clog your thread, I got caught growing a single plant in my bedroom back in high school… told my dad it was a “mint plant”… Fast forward a lot of years, dad was on vacation and was over to visit when my grow was on week 2 or three… he finally asks “Soo, how many of those plants are ACTUALLY for the kids…” LOL. Since being an adult, I’ve updated him with my grow. Mom, not so much.
Side note, to keep your grow as stealthy as you can, make sure to get a carbon filter, it’ll keep the funky smell down. Since this is a small grow, you can always use energy efficient “muffin fans”. I purchased one and it’s currently sucking the air out of my tent.

3 Likes

Yes @Covertgrower I have a carbon filter system, and it works great, though I personally love the smell. My family would freak out if they knew what was in the closet. :astonished::grinning::grinning:

3 Likes

I want to start this topic myself instead of piggy backing your post but i need to know if a nail through the bottom of my plant will actually increase my trichome production or is this B.S