Newbie Question Photo, Mites?

@peachfuzz,

People ask me that all the time, and I take for granted that I do, and it not being a more common practice. It’s kinda a long story on why I do, but I’ll tell you why it’s a good idea.

Take a minute and thinks about what youre asking.
Cannabis is basically a consumable vegetable than can be smoked. Would you eat a salad without washing the vegetables off?

I grow using an organic Aquaponic-Aeroponic method, I would want fish poo or another chemical aerosol misted on my buds, and it’s common place, even in the cleanest rooms.

Sometime I foliar spray. I wouldn’t wanna smoke those chemicals either.

For those whom grow outside, thing about all the bird and animal fecal matter potential.

Think about possible bugs not seen and stuck on that could be easily washed off.

None of the medicine is water soluble, so it’s not hurting anything by washing it.

I do it because I find that if I do it soon after manicuring, I wash off any chlorophyll bleeding that comes from my scissors, without effecting drying.

Maybe, the question should be, why haven’t I always washed my buds…

2 Likes

Makes complete sense… That’s why I love coming here , knowledge is key to just about everything and a lot of time things get overlooked or they just aren’t ever even thought about… I always say more brains are better then one…
Thks @Aquaponic_Dumme

:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

I never thought of it like that before, but I can understand the reasoning.

Then the movie “Medicine Man” with Sean Connery comes to mind. What if the cure is in the ants?

I only mention it because I’ve been looking into the thought of our immune systems being weakened by all the sanitizing and antibacterial use.

But being an outdoor guy, I would like to thank you for pointing out all the excrement I’ve been inhaling all these years.

THANKS!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Happy toking!

2 Likes

…just adds to the flavor, lol.

2 Likes

Hi Dumme, I just received my 60-11X power microscope and can’t get it to work. What do you set yours at? All I can see is fog and some color. I’ve tried many going up and down zoom and the focus ring. Do you think I got lemon?

1 Like

@Bobbi,

It is possible you got a lemon.

These guys are tricky to get use to, if you’ve never used one. Odds are that’s where the problem is.

Start by just trying to scope in on a news paper or magazine, and get it to focus. Remember to always turn the the LED light on.

The more you use it, the easier it will become. Let us know if that helps a bit.

You can also contact the seller and request info. If it is a dud, they’ll let you know how to fix or replace.

GL, and happy growing

I already boxed it up for return. I did finally got it to work once but it’s very hard and I really don’t need to see the trichomes that close. I have a little jewelers loop that works very well, thanks anyway for suggesting it. It did’t cost me anything to return it and I didn’t pay postage coming.

1 Like