New spot to guerrilla grow

I’ve seen them. The ones I’ve seen are using $5000-$10,000 in components to generate 300 Watts or so, and they still use grid connected power. They justify it because it earns them money. But the big part of that is they have that money to invest up front.

Does that seem reasonable to you? It doesn’t to me. I work in renewable energy field lol. Your best bet would be go grid connected and harness all of the energy the panels produce. And then draw what you need to run your grow. It’s more efficient that way, and you don’t have the cost or battery maintenance.

1 Like

@dbrn32 bingo doing that tonight my growlight I’m using can connect to the grid it’s about 25 watts

If and when I find a place I plan on staying, I’ll probably install some sort of on grid system. They’re getting pretty reasonable. Enough that you can generally see the payoff before you have start replacing panels anyway.

2 Likes

Happy New Years my fellow growers :+1::evergreen_tree:

@dbrn32 @Hogmaster @Powaforce

What do you have going there?

5050 growlight connected to a reflective cooking pan. Pretty bright lights up the whole grow box

1 Like

Have a seed going in? Seems like it would be a little weak for anything more than a seedling, but I’d like to see how it does.

2 Likes

Now we’re talking. Finally it took a while for you to like one on my ideas man your tough to please ha thankyou buddy​:+1::+1::blush:

1 Like

It’s not that I don’t like the ideas lol. It’s that I lack confidence you will be successful with them. I’m a huge proponent of diy grows, and doing things cheaply. But every dollar that you invest in something that doesn’t work is essentially wasted. I know for sure you’ve invested enough to build a light using those small bridgelux strips, and I know that they’ll grow weed. You’re not going to yeild a lot with a small amount of them, but they will work.

This other stuff, I’m not as sure of. I hope it will work for you, so I’ll follow along and see. I’m definitely not above learning.

2 Likes

Ya it works the strips only cost $9 ha but I say a lot of people using them with other plants so I thought what the heck might as well

2 Likes

Hi I’m just doing outdoor

1 Like

Backyard soil with peatmoss and perlite

I take it no one wants the chedda it’s been there two months there’s no signs saying I can’t go there :+1::evergreen_tree:

12 Likes

@dbrn32 @Hogmaster

For this grow I’ll will be using two gallon buckets which are awesome :+1::+1:

2 Likes

@dbrn32 @Hogmaster my buddy just ordered 35 lbs of soil to his house not to long ago lol. He said it was for him and a few friends and I said I felt bad for the person who is going to carry it. But then again I’ve filled up three holes.

2 Likes

Nice that’s awesome

1 Like

@Hogmaster by any chance can you black hefty bags as grow bags? I was thinking of putting dirt in one then double bagging it for about half the box. Could it work

I wouldn’t think so, the hefty bags wouldn’t let the roots breathe very well, leading to all kinds of problems
@soilman837

2 Likes