New Member 1st Grow!

Yea ill be moving 3 out of the tent into another box ill be setting up in the shed

2 Likes

sweet! thanks @70sChick that is exactly what i was thinking of…lol i believe another brush up would not hurt any…
i’mm all for that @VelcroThumb

2 Likes

You are very welcome @BIGE

2 Likes

The SCROG installation is a balancing act really @VelcroThumb and the reason I say that is you want the plant to spread out and come in even into the screen. To do that she needs to be topped and or fimmed (as often as needed to achieve that) so you have lots of buds that can grow up under the screen. I set my SCROG height at 26 inches total from the floor and then had to set it on bricks cause the GL was already too tall. I had to move her well off to the right and then let her spread out to the left into the screen.

That SCROG Guide is awesome BTW. I read it 4 or 5 times myself!

First thing to do right now is to measure how tall your girl is from the floor. IMO you will want to FIM at least twice. Then it is just a matter of placing the screen and tucking those leaves under so they are staying under the screen. Once you get it close, flip the lights to 12/12 and start the bloom nutes! Fasten your seat belt! lol

Sorry for the long post! But I am overflowing with happiness and creativity to a euphoric level! hahaha

7 Likes

As usual, tons of useful info! How far above plants should my lights be? And when do i switch to MH bulb… my guess is closer to flower time?

Went ahead and FIMed the ladies. I think i did ok. I pinched the Strawberry Kush to monster crop i guess

4 Likes

@VelcroThumb still looking good. Keep up the great work. “@VelcroThumb the plant whisperer” lol

1 Like

many thanks! I have always felt it was the “real” first step in actually having a serious grow. I had always been nervous about fimming and introducing nutes! But with the help of fine growers such as yourself and @bob31 and many others whose articles and posts have helped along the way, I feel confident I did it right! I did mess up and spill some nutes on some leaves, and they are slightly discolored. Im not too worried about it, just gonna see how they react!

4 Likes

@VelcroThumb I’m on my first grow, and it has not been without issues, but I do try and read a LOT. All of our frequent posters are pretty knowledgeable, and always willing to help. That’s what makes this little part of the internet is so awesome. Next time you spill nutrients just rinse them with some clean ph’d water. They’ll thank you later. :wink: I’m guilty of not rinsing, and it’s left a few brown spots here and there.

3 Likes

@Covertgrower I keep forgetting that some of us are on this maiden voyage together! Everyone is so knowledgeable I tend to forget some of us are newbs! thanks for the heads up about the ph rinse! I must have partook in too much medicine and completely failed to think of that simple solution! doh!

3 Likes

HI and welcome, you are off to a great start! you will like that scrubber. it works well. what is the 6" cool vent that you have listed? can you post a pic of it please?

2 Likes

@BobD1 are you asking what kind of fans i have?

I see that you have an inlet and outlet fan. I was wondering what the 6" cool vent you have listed is?

1 Like

YieldLab @BobD1

23 days old today… flipped lights to 100% wattage… worked up fron 50 to 75 to 100 since i didnt have cfls. Fimmed 2 days ago, though it looks as if i may have actually topped a couple in back!
@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @70sChick @spots @Ray4x @Covertgrower

8 Likes

@VelcroThumb

Looking good!

2 Likes

Not sure if its been mentioned but there’s a great free App called “Jane” that lets you log daily journal reports/pictures of your plants. It’s fun and obviously quite useful. I’m on my first grow too. Good luck to us both… :blush:

3 Likes

@Locolombia awesome i will check it out! Good luck to you!

The kids look great @VelcroThumb Nicely Done!

2 Likes

@bob31

Stop changing your picture! It keeps confusing me!

2 Likes