New LED and Fridge Grow

Hey what’s a 'cornhole table? Some kinda table with a hole for finished corn on the cob cob’s or what?

3 Likes

Its a backyard/tailgating game. Basically bean bag toss.

4 Likes

Ok cool, your quite the artist :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Put Blueberry in her forever home! Lets see how she likes the net!

12 Likes

@VelcroThumb I have a friend here that is interested in converting a fridge to a grow space, so i am handing her off to you right now. I am also “Watching” You topic so I can assist if needed. OR if you want to help her out on her topic, it is here:

@MissLadie

2 Likes

@bob31 sounds good to me!

2 Likes

@VelcroThumb
How’s the temps in that holding up
I did commercial refrigeration for many years and they would heat right up with out cooling

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 so with my viparspectra 450w led, temps hold steady at 74ish during day. At night its getting colder. Went out this morn and temp says 60 in fridge. The Viparspectras dont put off hardly any heat! I may have to get a small heater and another bayite temp controller

2 Likes

Cool :sunglasses: @VelcroThumb
That was the only concern I had with the set up :+1:

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 i was actually surprised myself! I had taken the insulation from the fridge door out (pain in the a$$) because i was concerned about exposure to moisture and growing mold. After i did that i lined it with that reflective insulation. With it being in a shed, my concern now is getting too cold lol. I barey have fans going in there and it stays cool! Time to buy another controller and fan!

5 Likes

@MissLadie here ya go! Scroll up to see pix!

3 Likes

Gotta to play ketchup. Thanks @VelcroThumb

2 Likes

@DoomSack ty sir!

I really think this is ingenious for a tight space grow @VelcroThumb .
Just so happen to have a broken refrigerator I am either going to fix or repurpose it. This gives me ideas. Will keep checking in as you progress, looking real cool at the moment, nice job.

3 Likes

@DoomSack you may even get away without using the reflective insualtion and just using the interior as it is (i think the surface is smooth and reflective enough)
Also, it was running cool since the LEDs hardly put out heat and im outside in a shed. To remedy this I ran my exhaust from my 4x4x7 tent and ran it straight into an intake hole i made. I then cut a hole in top of the fridge for and exhaust fan. Once i shut the fridge, the air pressure made too tight of a seal and caused the fan to over work. To remedy that i drilled a small hole in the bottom side of the fridge on the opposite side to allow fresh air to come in and so the fan wouldnt work so hard (as it sucks all air out of fridge with no intake). This setup also gives me enough airflow over the plant to simulate a breeze!
I also found another way to control temps for my larger tent once lights go out. I got a temperature control switch that i can plug a heater and ac unit into and set high and low temps. When temp gets too low, heater clicks on, and when temp gets too high it turns on and if it gets higher the ac will turn on until it reaches desired temp!

7 Likes

Ey fellow brothers and sisters and others, complete noob here. Had my LED stolen (same as @VelcroThumb , so after one for a fridge just like this but out of date with the tech.
Any suggestions?

Already got some automation in the works for humidty/temp/moisture and pump control via a web browser interface. supper excited when i saw this maaaad dawggs setup. Much respecta

An HLG 135 would probably be perfect for that size space.

What will grow space end up being?

Many years ago I knew a guy that built a little hydroponic system into these and used a 100W HPS for the light.(long before it was legal in Calif.) I forget how many fans he put in for circulation and to exhaust the heat. Had very good results from the pictures I saw.
I remember his grow height was limited due to the heat from the lamp.