New Grower and member

@atribute2008

Looking good. Just wanted to check a few things- What pH and which FF Soil are you using?

1 Like

Keeping ph around 6.5, the soil is foxfarm ocean fresh @bob31

1 Like

Updated pics of my girls!! @bob31 @noobius @Covertgrower IMG_7772|375x500

3 Likes

The spots on my leaves have me kinda worried, also a little but not alot white substance on my leaves which i wiped off, but their looking healthy just want some input. @Covertgrower

@atribute2008 if it’s white mildew, you’ll have to give them a milk bath. @bob31 has more experience than I do. Does that appear to be white mold in the natural lighting pics?
We will help you get her turned around.

1 Like

@atribute2008

Do you have any fans in your grow room? What is your RH?

The last pic posted has some really dead foliage hanging at the lowest level. Those need to be removed. Also make sure there are no dead leaves laying on the soil.

Be very careful if you have mold or mildew as it can be spread all over very easily. Rubber gloves and I would recommend treating the affected areas with

50/50 milk/water spray should help get rid of it.

@Covertgrower thanks for the tag!

1 Like

I do have fans should they be running all tbe time? heres closer pics. @bob31

Might be a dumb question, but actual milk? @bob31

Yes actual milk @atribute2008 the proteins do something to the mold, and protects the plant with a coating. I’ll try and find the link.

1 Like

@atribute2008 found it!

3 Likes

Good Link @Covertgrower @atribute2008

Good to use till flowering. Do not spray on buds.

BTW the gnats you can try food grade DE sprinkled on top of the soil as well

Some have used a layer of sand on top of the soil as well. Not sure of the results with that, but a couple other options.

1 Like

I used Diatomaceous earth and it works dry well, and it’s very inert. If you get food grade, you could even eat some. (People do actually) I spotted a gnat in my tent yesterday. I’ll be putting some on my soil tonight. @atribute2008

I have two clip on fans in my tent. One at pot level circulating air around the pots and one above the plants that make the leaves twitch a tiny bit! @atribute2008

clip on fan

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014THFEKK?tag=greenrel-20

You only want to use food grade DE. Remember you will be ingesting this plant at some point!

All out of likes. @bob31 yes, Food grade!

1 Like

Excellent! Always Food Grade! @Covertgrower

Doing a great job! :+1::palm_tree::grinning::v:

1 Like

I have a fan oscilating blowing lightly on the leaves now, tomorrow ill put a little fan to blow on them from the other side. @bob31

1 Like

I also mixed up a half teaspoon of baking powder and 6.7 ph water and sprayed my plants down, i plan on making a milk mix tomorrow and spraying them down. @bob31

2 Likes

The baking powder mix left white residue on my leaves, is that ok? Also should i spray milk and watee on them too? @bob31

3 Likes

Just want the leaves twitching ever so slightly.

What does the baking soda do?

1 Like