New Grow (Master Kush)

Ok.Tomorrow will be 8 wks in Veg. Since I only have two out of the 6 that I had originally, I am going to let it fill up a 4x4 tent, then flip. I did run into something the other day when I tool the soil pH, and found one plant at 5.6pH and the other at 5.8 pH. So, when I watered them both, I adjusted the pH to (7.0) and gave them each about 2L. They both responded well… So here are One pic of each plant so far, and one of a measured stem…

6 Likes

They are looking great @Smilin keep growing mate.

1 Like

That’s a nice 4x4 I currently have one 4x4 with 1000w in it and a Open t5 set up I have 6 in my tent 4 under my t 5 I only wanna put 4-5 max in the 4x4 so I may have to get another 4x4 tent becuase as well I don’t wanna over crowd but fully use the space I have

2 Likes

Lookin good my friend!

2 Likes

Ok, you are going to see some ‘droop’ in one of the plants as I decided to flush it today. The soil runoff was 5.4, and sure enough, my regular pH pen failed. So I used “ol reliable” (the Blue Lab soil pen), and that is when I found out how off it was. I have been trying to address what I think was a Calcium deficency and Magnesium deficiency as a result of the acidic pH. The pH was 6.3 when I finished flushing with 7.0 Tap water. (I put it in the sink, and “let er rip!”), that is why the “droop” of course. The other plant was flipped as I noted the Mg def, and addressed it without flushing. It responded well, and it has been not quite 1wk in bloom. Here are some of pics from today…! (And how about that cutting taking off!) Comments welcomed! [P1000997|666x500] (upload://hW7DiiA2AoWwgR4hOF9dKD0NdUE.JPG)

5 Likes

Growing a monster! Good thing you caught the ph issue and good call on flushing. She’s a really full girl, nice work.

3 Likes

That is one proud bushy plant there @Smilin thanks for sharing and keep it going mate.

1 Like

Thanks, we will see how she is in a day or so. She is pretty droopy tonight…

1 Like

She should bounce back, now that you’ve got the ph squared away.
The Lil one is shooting on up huh :+1::ok_hand:
Gonna be a nice harvest on big girl :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

One day after flush! She is coming back in fine shape! Soil pH is 6.6 now, and I see the stems have greened up a little. I think she is back on tract!

4 Likes

I’d say so! Looking good!

2 Likes

Sometimes, things take awhile to show up, and here is a pic from today. After the flush, I began to see leafs that had some brown spots (You can see them in the pic), and there were others that started showing up. I think it is still an issue with Cal/Mag. The pH of the soil was 6.3, (last time I checked), and I gave it some 6.9 water, on the next feeding. I trimmed up some of the injured leafs, but you will still see several that are affected, along with a few that appear to have chlorosis. Other than any suggestions as to what I am dealing with, and how to address the issue, I decided to change to AN as I am familiar with the neuts, and their pH perfect quality. (and I had them on hand). Any input is appreciated, and I know that it will take awhile to adjust to the changes I have already made. But any input is always welcome. So, thanks to all, those that reply…

4 Likes

@Smilin I’m no expert at all like yourself mate I agree with you completely that you will have to watch your plants for any improvements have you or would you try something like a Micro-Mix it gives your plants help with the likes of Zinc, iron, Copper, Boron, Manganese , Molybdenum I would think definitely worth ago Zinc and Iron is fairly common hope it helps. :v:

1 Like

Hey @Johnsy81! If you would turn around and look back in the corner of the classroom, you’ll see and ol guy sitting there waving at you!!! Ha! I’m still learning right along with you! When you draw your last breath, then the class is over! I do appreciate your input along with others here. (Iron sharpens iron…right?) Anyway, a few days have passed, and the issue with the deficiency became pronounced in several of the leaves. And my concern, was that the pH was acetic to the degree that it affected the roots! (If that were true, I very well could have lost the plant.) But since I fed once with the AN newts, along with Cal/Mag, the plant is recovering and improving in color from a slight yellowing, into lighter green, and getting into a healther green appearance. The pH perfect aspect of those neuts, is what I was hoping would kick in and help facilitate nutrient uptake, and it would get those needed elements to combat the deficiencies. It’s awesome to offer something and see life coming back into the plant… and just as awesome to have input from others like yourself. But the best is to see the results of our efforts help someone like my wife with rheumatoid arthritis have a better quality of life. You and others that offer input here contribute to that end. Thank you!

1 Like

Wow those look great!! :+1: Very encouraging to jump out of the “Autoflower kiddie pool” haha. Train I still must.
Happy growing!!

2 Likes

@Smilin that’s great to hear that you lady’s are looking better for you I really hope it all work’s out for both of you if I can help in anyway please tag me and I will try and help I only grow in Organic so its is all about top quality medication :v:

1 Like

Thanks! I would like to get to using all Organic, but it is challenges like this that educate one to take time and learn. This is such a good resource for good input, and combine efforts for quality results! Thanks again. I will post some pics in a week or so, and we’ll see the outcome. Watered both today. But #1, is real thirsty. Which is good… Color still continues to progress into shades of green. :ok_hand::ok_hand::leaves::leaves::leaves:

1 Like

@Smilin that’s great to hear mate if I can do anything or offer an opinion on anything for you just ask happy growing :v:.

1 Like

@Johnzy81;@Nug-bug;@Countryboyjvd1971;@Tr33;@TDubWilly;@Growit;@Onlythebest79;@Laurap;@EarlyPearl;@Trippy_kidd;Ok… #2 has been into Bloom, a week longer than #1 (wk 2 day 5). I treated #1 as a Cal/Mag def, and changed the neuts to AN to assure uptake without pH issues. Had a sick looking girl (#1) for a couple of days, then it recovered with some TLC! Then I put it into Bloom one week after #2, and put both of them together. They are both thirsty (watering approx every 3 days, ( I check the water content in the soil), and coming right along. Both have good size to the main stems, so hoping for some good size to the buds. Soil pH has been 6.4 And here is where we are presently…

9 Likes

What type of AN nuits are you using for the perfect ph