New grow,issues

Transplant today as roots showing on babies(5x nemesis) ,noticed some small pistils on somango stem,woo hoo,tiny but they are there…is 1 small step for man…am excited for the other 5 nemisis as they seem to be booming atm.doing a trial with no microbes in 1 an won’t give sugars either thru veg stage an see how she goes. :slight_smile: ![somango,pistils look female )

2 Likes

soamngo going ok,seemed to have new growth from the daily feeds,an the other babies are going great.i checked my lights again after 8hrs on an usually do it after 2hrs with light meter,an i found my lights were higher than i first checked,they were all over 550umols an under 650,still had slight tip curl so moved down a few days ago an seems better,no more tip curl.working out day by day quicker an easier ways to feed an clean,got a siphon hand pump,10 bucks an makes it alot easier to drain runoff into bucket,not having to move anything at all now.was wondering tho when i put into a 30cm pot as the largest i will go with 4 of them in a 4x4 tent.will the roots become too root bound to take nutes up normally or how does it react when no more space,does becoming root bound in flower stop the growth in anyway or hurt bud production. :slight_smile:!)

2 Likes

daily feeding working !)on the babies,but the somango still not sure,new growth seems ok,but have the odd hole…have checked thoroughly for bugs an cant find any,will stick with the schedule an see how she goes,was going to flush at end of week,see how responds an then raise feed slightly,does everyone flush with straight r/o water or have some sort of nutrient like a lighter dose,100ppm.!!)bottom pic is the baby nemesis seems ok so far.touch wood.lol. :slight_smile: !

Could we get a pic of the hole? You may need a magnifier to see the bugs. Holes don’t appear by themselves! Do you have Neem oil or Food Grade DE?

Also Im a soil grower, but I think you want them at 300 ppm? @Screwauger But let’s get a second on that one!

bob31Regularsorry i meant those rips or tear looking leaf in the top picture,is only the one so far,but that has been twisted for weeks now an hasn’t really straightened.the rest look okish…

ok gotcha! The wavy leaves I have seen before. Don’t think we ever figured out why they got wavy? The color on the bottom one looks light to me as well. But let’s wait on the double check of the ppms

1 Like

bob31regular,i’m going to get some neem oil asap,if any1 saw me looking for bugs with with the magnifier they woulda thought i was crazy.must of looked pretty obsessed.had a giggle to myself at how much iv’e maintained the room so far.burnt 2 fans out so far aswell…old one so not too bad…the scale of ppm,i assume you mean the 700 or is that the american metric for it.?i think mine is the 500 ppm scale,will double check.bad assumtion i spose.

@aussie123556 the holes/twisted two leaves in that picture COULD BE remnants of the cal-mag deficiency @Donaldj spoke about 7days ago. Unless other leaves start to look like that on the somango I would just move forward with your plan.

I do think they look a bit pale and 300ppm seems low to me at this stage. Even my abbreviated recipe with GH nutes 0/6/9 gives me a ppm in the 665 range with added epsom salts.

In fact, at that stage of growth I was adding enough epsom salt (cal-mag) to bring my tap water (45ppm) to 150ppm, then I started adding nutes until I hit the 665 range approximately.

Even today, 5 weeks into flower I add epsom salt at rate of 1gram/gallon and my ppm’s average 775. Because I hand water twice a day and because my other coco plants are continuously bottom fed, I purposely keep the ppm’s down from what is rec on the grow charts from the manufacturer.

Your results may vary and there are way more experienced folks on this site so maybe we will get some input @latewood @Majiktoker @garrigan62

Thanks @bob31

3 Likes

Screwauger,hi thr, as i suspected,i am using the 500 ppm scale,(hannah scale),so .71 ec=500ppm …going off their formula.an the area i’m in,will raise it by .05ml today an see how she goes.was using a quarter of the required as am using half the light an half the strength aswell approx,week 3 their saying 1.57 ec = 1099ppm,as half this should be close to where i want to be.?i was thinking anyway…can always be way off,wouldn’t be the first time either…lol.

@aussie123556

The good/bad thing about coco is your going to know generally in a day if it’s too much. I would say, and I am not that familiar, that it would be okay to try that ppm level and see what the plants look like after 1-2 feedings.

Two weeks ago I hit both my plants with a one time feeding of nutes that exceeded 1700ppm (mistake). One strain took it okay, the other plant (different strain) was devastated. It’s still alive but is not going to produce at her potential.

Be careful is the bottom line and I would try 800ppm initially then maybe 1099 if they handle the 800 okay. Go slowly.

1 Like

Screwauger,for some reason i still keep thinking the lights are to close.even tho i’m only at 400-500umols in the light meter,an 24-28 inches away an it’s not hot on the arm test…just inexperience,being unsure is probably my biggest thing atm but am happily learning slowly.have been looking around for info on the nemsis (fem) strain but isn’t much in the way of traits or growing habbits.although i seem to find a new site daily that has something i havn’t read yet.will try an get some better pics of the somango,am happy to leave it until the nemesis are ready to flip an do them all,so got another 4 weeks of veg approx :slight_smile:

@aussie123556

I am not well experienced in umols and light specs. Honestly, I bought my LED’s based on reviews and user experience. I don’t have any meters that would tell me such information.

I have 540 true watts of full spectrum led and they are about 14 inches away right now and now light stress that I can see. That’s the end of my experience. My manufacturer rec 32-40 inches at flower stage but that’s silly.

Screwauger,also i read the nutrients are for pure water it says so pretty much adding the 100ppm that my tap water is at,so came out at 477ppm…hoping this will help the babies get a bit more colour…as for the somango not sure weather to flush then add a higher dose than 477ppm for it.or just continue with same dose 477ppm?last feed for somango was 370ppm an 5.8 ph…run off 389ppm an 6.0ph…will post some pics in a couple hours…:slight_smile:

(upload://jL3nfqVzzAF1GDo78ZCZjrhrMpS.jpg)the bottom one is the nemesis,an it does seem a tad lighter than i’d like,hoping the new nutrient mix of 477 ppm an 5.8ph will help both.:slight_smile:

3 Likes

looks dry but is moist to touch,is that the plant just taking up the nutrients.or to much for it.?is at 500umols an the fan is on lightly an the canopy temp was good.humdity is always above 50% an 80-90 when i spray the walls for a few hours an slowly drops to 50-%…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

In flower, I use 1200 ppm. Recommended is 1000-1500. Deciding to mix a weak solution does not make sense, and no expert would advise that.

Also; Do not keep adding too much Magnesium Sulfate or you will create a toxic salt issue.

somango mix came out at 965ppm an 5.8ph.(week 4 of veg doses.).will give it a run a see how she goes…the nemesis are on 695ppm an looking ok aswell.:slight_smile:! :).

1 Like

bob31Regular,Screwauger,latewoodILGM.Admin-USDA Certified Grower,hello,just a question on flushing an what you guys think is the best ppm to flush to.like down to 0ppm or higher an then feed after with the nutrients feed.?is so many different opinions just wondered what you guys thought :slight_smile:grow lush says to flush weekly.

I don’t flush unless I have a reason to @aussie123556

Check the manufacturer of your nutrients and see if they call for a flush!

bob31Regular,yeah it actually says flush weekly on the chart,which was the first i’d read or heard of doing weekly flushes…i thought it was once at the end of veg an at the end of flower aswell…?an how do you highlite the name of the person i tagged?,tk u…:slight_smile: