1 Like

@Familyman420
I would change that light schedule as well
Your plants need there rest too
drop it down to 18/6 at least till you change to flower
At least that’s what I would do
Buddy

1 Like

@Donaldj @garrigan62 my autos are defently starting to flower lights are on 20hrs ON and off 4hrs. 5 of the 6 have hairs coming in. They are under a 400MH and a holland star 300watt LED. I was under impression this light schedule was cool the whole cycle? And WHEN should i switch bulbs to the HPS. first time growing autos. On photo plants i always switched bulbs when i put on 12/12,

2 Likes

Autos will do fine under the 12-12 as well @Familyman420

2 Likes

I would switch to the HPS now as it will boost plant size most during early phase of flower and speed bud development I would also give my ladies more dark even as autos 16/8 or 18/6
Still prefer longer dark cycles myself as it gives plant more time to repair and build new roots every power plant has limited workers so if all of them are creating energy and storing it who’s around to use it? Which is why I don’t subscribe to 20 or more hours of light works nice for my mother plants but I don’t want them to grow fast :wink:

5 Likes

I have 2 photos and 1 auto under HPS 12/12. I only have one area for flowering so she’s on the same schedule as the others and her flowers seem about on track with the others.

1 Like

Thanks for all the suggestions. I switched the bulbs and the nutes ,NOTG, early flower feeding mix. And the lights are at 17on 7off. Starting to notice a smell in the room of goodness.They are starting to dry out fsster. A gal. Watered all 6 and lasted a week easy. Now its getting dry in 3days. Ill try to get pictures up soon

Since flower started i wasnt going to do anymore LST, but they just needed a bit more. Im really happy with how well they took it. All of them except the runt are nice open bushes with lots of branches. But i screwed up rushing around. Left the light too low and got #4 aka"Madusa" a bit crispy. Hope it doesnt set her back or effect final yield???

@Countryboyjvd1971 @Donaldj She was my favorite. She started off “funny” then as she grew just differnt then her sisters. I topped her 1x and did some LST And she has 12 branches all reaching for the light and dominance now. Hope i didnt ruin her? Cant wait to see how she turns out since she is obviously a differnt phyno. I did flush the soil just incase, but i dont think its from the nutes, 1 its NOTG,2 all the other ones are good. Left the light about 10-12 inches from her and just put a brand new HPS bulb in it. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO MORE FOR HER? I did add some great white to the last water i gave her.

Heres the one monster cloned, superskunk that i ended up keeping. Just topped ut and did some LST to keep it low and extra bushy. Lol like 70’s style bushy!

since i didnt really want her im going to play around with her. Try a few things. She can be my Frankenstein plant.

2 Likes

Your root zone could be establishing now she’s a thirsty girl :smiling_imp:

Just had to water again 48hrs later. This time they took about 2 gals with little to no run off. What they did run off was soaked up with in ten mins. I dont let them sit longer then that in runoff, (i did test my run off ppms were 375 and ph was 6.3. Im running NOTG’s so that is bout perfect. They got 2 spoons of molassas in the one gal. And plain water other both ph’d. And sat with airstone for 24hrs bubbling away. They are getting thirsty now that the roots are established.

2 Likes

I moved her to a more balanced spot of both led and hps , raised the lights about 16" away. And between the move and the flush, and then a shot of molassas and great white she looks alot better. Going to loose a few leaves, but the tips curling on her and #6 is better. They look happy again. Not sure what the actual reading would be but i got a cheap meter for the light and 2000 is the highest it goes and at 16" away in a 3.5ft diameter it burys the needle out at 4.5 from the lights at 16" below it reads between 1700-2000. Not sure how acuate it is but it atleast shows me wich spots get the best light and how deep the light goes. I did the back of the hand trick to see if plants were getting burnt from heat and i can lay my hand on my cool tube it stays so cool.

2 Likes

took ny lights down and fixed some design flaws. I took the fliter off the l tube, that let me hang the light better, and hung the filter above the lights at the highest point. Its working better temps and RH both dropped. And the girls sit better and get more even direct light. I also sectioned off the grow room with mylar reflective sheets on floor and around the plants so its saving alot of light that was previously lost and wasted. Now its bouncing back to the plants. Much much better set up. Defently been a learning experience thus far. Live n learn

3 Likes

this is wwa#4-aka “Madusa” is her nick name. Shes is just barely starting to flower, and the rest of her sisters all started same time. Shes completely differnt. I might try to make some polen from her. Even if she takes a little longlonger to finish shes so bushy.she has like 23 branches trying to grow up and be dominate. The completely covers the top of a 5 gal. Buscket. @Countryboyjvd1971

look at one of her sisters and u can really see the difference in this one and Madusa

11-11-17 @Countryboyjvd1971 just got reflective mylar to cover walls for better use of lights. Came yesterday started putting up, butbit wrinkles easy and is slow going trying to hang it to not look ghetto

2 Likes