New grow is going to be a learning experiment

Woohoo @Familyman420 look ok at you go
Happy growing :v:CB :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Question. About seedling lighting. My girls getting tall when can they get put from R.r. into dirt? And under the MH light? I have an adjustable ballast i can turn down to 150watts . i have them under a 35watt clf and a 13watt flour. Tube for small planted fish tank. As close as i can have em. Dont want these to to stretch as im limited in the height area.

1 Like

@Familyman420 thanks start mine under a cheap 45 w led in combo with an 45 watt t-5 which I keep close
A few inches above dome for first two weeks then I’ll transfer to permanent pot I use 5 gal you might want to use a 3 gal to help control size of plant
FYI Root size = plant height
I will put mine under a 300 watt 135 actual draw once I repot her
And watch for streaching I start my led high and will lower if plant starts it streach :+1:
Hope this bid helps just saw your post
In future tag me put the @ symbol in front of my screen name then I’ll know your post a question directed towards me just a FYI some times. We don’t see the question if not tagged
Happy growing @Familyman420

1 Like

@ Countryboyjvd1971 So im on the 3 day and took out of dome this morning so they got some air and my thinking was the plastic is kinda thick bc ita a big square Rubbermaid container, thought the light not getting threw might make them stretch? Autos grow fast! They grew noticable over night.
Should i plant the rapid rooter in a small 2x2x4 pot with seedling soil or wait till i got roots showing and just go right into my 3gal pots? If they need to go in the dome for longer i can have my wife do it or run home at lunch and put bk in. But shes spraying them 3x a day and checking them often.

Happy girls. Day #5

Worked on the growroom last night for a few hours. Got all walls and floor done. Intake hooked up and running. Pict. Coming soon. Been hard to find the time, OD harvest and trim time os ALOT OF F’N WORK! And i work full time and i got a family,but… Knowing the seedlings are already coming up and need a home soon

2 Likes

@Familyman420
First of let me tell you I’m no expert on Autos I’ve only recently started to even grow them
Just for fun really while I’m doing my photos
But I actually start my in thier forever Home
So I would say definitely plant them in whatever pot you going to finish them off in
I too mine and that’s usually around 10-11 days from sprout cause they do grow super fast
Keep me posted

2 Likes

So i orders a hans dimable 300watt LED that im going to add to supplement my 400 mh/hps. Empty space before lights is floor to ceiling 4wx4Lx4.5H. Seeds broke free sunday night and popped up completely by noon mon. 6 out of 6. Got roots coming out of the rapid rooters. Guess they will go into 3gal. Airpotsx2 3gal square buckets with holes×2 and smartpot grow bags5galx2 some time mid week this coming week

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 can anyone tell me some opions whats up with these two seedlings. Leaves are a differnt color and kind of droopy, well maybe not “droopy” but not pointed same direction as the other 4. All went in cup of water 12hrs then straight into a new rapid rooter. (By new i mean, new bag of r.r. just opened, still sanatary)they were the first two to pop up and are the biggest of the six. They are w.w.a from ILGM, under a 13watt mini flor.tube for aquarium plants and a 35w cfl. Ive been spraying the r.r.plugs when they look dry. No nutes… Now that i say that could they be hungry? Light watered down comp. Tea?

2 Likes

They look ok
I would get them into soil tho the look like they are ready
Also they looked a little bit stretched out how close are you lights and what kind of light is it ?
So you have roots coming out of bottom of plugs ???
@Familyman420
I would put a stick in pots to help hold them up

3 Likes

Yeah, a stick is a great thing to have. Every single branch of my NL plants had to be tied up with string to the central stick because the colas get so heavy,

Thanks finshed my grow room last night, well close enough to use lights up. Got it turned down to 50% with the MH bulb in. Ventilation all hooked up. Planning on putting the seedling into their forever homes today. Would have started potting them last night but i need to rinse like 30more lbs of pumice stone. @Countryboyjvd1971 Would it be olk to mix up a very light comp. Tea and give them to help with being planted? And yes the rapid rooters have roots poking out. @Countryboyjvd1971 Thanks for all the help, i was way sketched out about joining an online thing but it has been very valuable thus far.

2 Likes

Filled my containers. Bout an inch of volvanic pumice stone. Half full my super soil. Then rest of the way with my living potting soil. I left a small spot open to drop the rapid rooters in and im going to fill the hole in with seedling mix.I had a little pumic stone left so i put a thin layer on the top, i hear it helps with nats?

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t give them anything myself
@Familyman420 if it’s a mild mix tho I think you be ok if you wanted
Also I think we all dealt the same in the beginning I think I hung around for about 2 months reasons as a guest before I joined lol
But the peeps here are the best and a pleasure to deal with bro

2 Likes

Grow room is for the most part done. Few little odds and ends need dealt with, but its functional. And the girls are in their permanent homes. 6xwwa and 2xsuperskunk clones. The light is at 50%=200watt MH. @ 24" away from plants.

1 Like

I think a little $12 lux meter is a very useful thing to have. You can take it outside and see what full sum delivers, then take it in your grow room and adjust your lights accordingly. 200 watts MH at 24" sounds about right for seedlings but it would be nice to have a full sun comparison.

2 Likes

Humidity was a 99% after i brought the containers full of soil into the room. Went down to say high to my baby girls and temp was down and humidity is down

1 Like

the two smaller containers in the far back of pict. Are the 2 ss clones, other 6 are wwa.

1 Like

This little girl us one of the tallest. But she has been “droopy” even in the rapid rooter. I originally thought she was being kept too wet so i started gibing her less and making sure the rapid rooter was dried to touch but also had color changed to the light brown they get when dry. All the other ones look good. @Countryboyjvd1971 any ideas what she could be trying to tell me? And fyi… I did give them a very watered down comp. Tea 1/8 recomended dose, set in gal jug with air bubbler12hrs and ph’d to 6.5 (rec from NOTG)

2 Likes

I don’t use the rapid rotter plugs my self
How long since you trans planted ?

2 Likes