Negative vs. Positive pressure in tent

Thanks @Countryboyjvd1971. Here’s a link to FanTech. They look like nice products, just a bit pricey. Here’s their 6" Duct Flow for $208.

I think I’ll take my chances with the 6" duct fan from China… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Cool @garberfc yeah the last tho so imo

Will be right next to wall, but probably 6-8’ duct to make it happen. Maybe less.

@garberfc the 4" fantech probably moves more air than the 6" Chinese model. Not that it’s necessarily a good thing, but you could easily run the 4" in place of the 6" if there’s some cost savings.

1 Like

Ok give me a few more minutes and I’ll do a little work with thatvinfo @dbrn32

1 Like

Those AC Infinity fans do look nice.

1 Like

Apparently I misquoted the cfm, it’s 152. Here is amazon link.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06ZXWN3BG/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now that looks like a nice fan brother
I was just Looking over your posts and with 55 cubic feet I’d run a 100 cfm fan with a solid state speed controller
I use these at work for some of my exhaust fans here

I know your a handy guy @dbrn32 so I’ll suggest this to you since you build your own lights
Normally I tell people to get a cheaper one off Amazon
You’ll need. A electrical box but it comes with cover and knob can dial speed in exactly where you need it
I’m getting ready to set up my theee tens and grow space on a 12". Inline with 4 carbon filter using one of these
And I’m only redoing my set up cause I’d don’t want 4 fans running constantly plus all the make up fans or Intake fans as we call them here
Here’s the mfg info

1 Like

Awesome thanks!

I probably have a box and whatever needed laying around, if not I can grab no problem.

Slightly envious of the setup too. I’m guessing you’re doing a larger header with smaller ducts off to each tent? Leave it to the hvac guy to have the super trick setup haha.

1 Like

Yeah that’s right I’ll run a 12 inch main duct and tap off that to go to each tent and the actual grow room itself
I will put a speed controller on it as well I have a few other things I’m going to wire in as well so wall mounted time clocks so I can get rid of my cheap plug in ones etc
Trying to automate my grow space as much as possible
I have a humistat I’m
Going to wire in as well to help control my humidity a little better
Been thinking about this for a while now and getting all need parts and piece together
Lol @dbrn32
You know how it is when we tinker lol
Oh and my 12 inch also. A fan tech it will run for years with no issues

3 Likes

I know too well lol, and my checking account hates it!

Yeah mine as well I can get some of the stuff from work which help but big purchases come out of pocket lol
The fan was a few bucks I get a discount but still wasn’t cheap but imo I’ll Save in electric for years so it will pay itself off eventually
I’ll also recycle my air in winter instead of dumping it all outdoors so I can retain heat and humidity
Since I’m in the ne it get cold and dry in the winter here
I actually lined my grow room with 2 mil plastic walls ceiling to act as a moisture barrier and hold humidity in my room so I’ll put manual damper in to bypass outdoor exhaust all or just a little bit ? Depending on needs @dbrn32

1 Like

Good thinking ahead. Will you also have dampers for each of your tents as well? Just wondering if over the run you could maybe expect to have to fine tune each tent/room?

1 Like

That’s actually a good idea I can put some at the take off of main duct :+1:
@dbrn32 good call lol

1 Like

I just know that no matter how much thought I put into stuff, there’s always something I look back and decide to do differently. That usually would’ve been cheaper/easier the first time around.

2 Likes

Sorry dude but you are wrong on all fronts and im guessing all you’ve ever grown was airy dirt weed. A closet is fine if you black out the room that it is in… might as well just use the room at this point. And a closet is only good for a max of 2-3 medium-small plants. Grow tents on the other hand are a tool to HELP you create a completely controlled environment and it will never be the cause of mold… that would be a human error issue. It looks to me like your more interested in a plant where you can water it every week or two and forget about it… growing weed is not for you dude.

Wow that’s a big assumption on your part! This is a community where we try to help other growers, not put them down. Offering advice is one thing, if you have any.

5 Likes

You responded to a 3 year old topic and a member that hasn’t been active for 2 years. All in an attempt to cut another member down? That is not what this forum is about. If you’re not trying to help or provide some positive feedback please keep scrolling.

7 Likes

That’s what I did, I was getting a balloon effect then I moved the filter so that the air is blowing into it, instead of air pulling from it. Then added a speed controller and now the walls slightly pulling. I have a 5x5x8 tent and a 400 CFM fan

If you can stand to have a little leakage with positive pressure it sure makes you 4x4 look like a 5x5.:neutral_face: