Need tips on LED lighting

Alright, firstly, which tap root?
Only have the one that sprouted. Waiting on my pH meter and a few others essentials.
Using distilled water and before anyone loses it, it’s at 7.2. As I said, this is my way of learning.
As much as I want a pH of 5.8 - 6.5, in time.
Will post first week grow journal with all these factors. She’s my wee baby and will tend to with all your help, cheers

1 Like

How can I post my grow journal on ILGM

Distilled water is perfectly fine right now.

1 Like

At the main forum screen there should be a + sign at the top right I think. New topic. Click on that and put a title on your journal!

1 Like

Cheers brother, excited and the second set of true leaves are growing. Showing good growth and dark green but to me, small leaves
Here’s a pic

---- Myfriendis410 wrote ----

[https://sjc3.discourse-cdn.com/business6/user_avatar/ilgmforum.com/myfriendis410/45/33821_1.png] Myfriendis410http://ilgmforum.com/u/myfriendis410 Regular
February 1

At the main forum screen there should be a + sign at the top right I think. New topic. Click on that and put a title on your journal!

1 Like

Keep drying out the soil so she can hunt for water and breathe FYI. Otherwise looking good!

Onto day 12 ‘seedling’.
Finally received my hygrometer and have fluctuating temps and RH. Highest temp was 26.7C and RH high was 90%, too high even for a newbie grower.
Low was 15.8C and RH 49%.
Ill attach some more photos and give the day number if possible within the forum

[quote=“Myfriendis410, post:26, topic:13718, full:true”]

Day 9
Day 10
Day 12
Still using distilled water

They look about ready for transplant. Looks like you’re making them happy!

1 Like

Hello again, this morning I noticed that some roots are protruding out the bottom but my soil is still too moist to transplant today.
Advice please.
I also purchased some fish, blood and bone combo meal. Also have BioGow ,BioBloom and already had some Baby Bio for my other indoor plants. Still awaiting my pH meter and therefore using distilled water that has a pH at source of 7.0.
Although she looks happy, thanks, I feel that her growth and colour s not what I see on YouTube videos re seedlings under a T5.
This is a Sativa dominant strain and wondering is this just the genetics of this strain??
So many questions, hopefully I can acquire some answers.
But feeling pumped

Hello again, this morning I noticed that some roots are protruding out the bottom but my soil is still too moist to transplant today.
Advice please.
I also purchased some fish, blood and bone combo meal. Also have BioGow ,BioBloom and already had some Baby Bio for my other indoor plants. Still awaiting my pH meter and therefore using distilled water that has a pH at source of 7.0.
Although she looks happy, thanks, I feel that her growth and colour s not what I see on YouTube videos re seedlings under a T5.
This is a Sativa dominant strain and wondering is this just the genetics of this strain??
So many questions, hopefully I can acquire some answers.
But feeling pumped

Oh, day 13

I would transplant anyway. The drier soil will wick the excess. Be careful to limit the water you use until they’re large enough.

1 Like

I agree with @Myfriendis410. They were most likely watered a little to heavy for that small of pot. Transplant should fix that.

2 Likes

I did, not my finest hour. No doubt the the plant is stressed as I definitely am!!
Broke two roots but was unavoidable as they had grew too long g and were stuck in the solo cup holes.
Can you suggest when to start waterimg/nutrients.
Mate, thanks for your time in replying to this newbie, much appreciated

---- Myfriendis410 wrote ----

[https://sjc3.discourse-cdn.com/business6/user_avatar/ilgmforum.com/myfriendis410/45/33821_1.png] Myfriendis410http://ilgmforum.com/u/myfriendis410 Regular
February 7

I would transplant anyway. The drier soil will wick the excess. Be careful to limit the water you use until they’re large enough.

1 Like

If you are in soil and it’s correct for mj then you won’t need nutes until flower.

I don’t know if I’m using the thread right the directions for starting a new post aren’t very clear so I’m asking here. I’m not sure if I have enough lighting going on in my grow tent I’m using all CFLs I DO NOT plan to change to a different bulb so please don’t suggest it I just am curious if I’m using enough lights every chart of lumens to square foot ratio just stop at this is how much you need for 1 square foot which is helpful to a point but that doesn’t specify whether I can use soft white bright white 25 watt 45 watt or how many. If I need to post a better pic I certainly can but please I need some constructive criticism on my light set up

@dbrn32 your name is all over this haha!

If you want to grow good weed you’re going to have to increase your lighting and sorry but those bulbs won’t do it.

Metal Halide, LED’s, LEC’s are what you’re going to need.

1 Like

If you’re content with cfl’s, here are a couple of tips.

1. Get the biggest ones possible, and go by their actual power draw, not equivalent.

2. Get them horizontal with a reflector over over the top of them.

3. Use mostly cold whites 5000k-6500k during veg phase, and mostly warm whites during flower phase 2700k-3000k

4. Run them as close as possible.

Hey I appreciate it!! I’m using a variety of both now but good to know
which are best for both life cycles. I have one more question if I may,
when you say run them close do I still need to accommodate for lumens to
sqaure feet to fit my grow room to get the proper amount of light needed or
just run a number of them that gives good enough coverage?

I’m not aware of a number to give you in lumens sorry. The problem with using lumens is that they’re a photometric unit weighted to the green wavelengths which create very little useable energy for plants. So it’s possible for a light source to have a high lumen count but still a relatively low par count. You’ll commonly see people say plants don’t care how bright a light appears to the human eye, and there’s a lot of truth to that.

When we look at the spectral distribution graphs for say 3000k bulbs, we know they provide at least some amount of the light we’re looking for. So outside of having a par meter, it’s kind of difficult to say.

This is about all I have that could help. We typically like to target between 600-1000 umols for flowering.