Need help with my plants

That’s what I was thinking. I don’t like the idea of wasting all that water flushing them out but I hate The idea of losing the plants even more.

Thanks again you have been most helpful.

Absolutely my pleasure buddy any time

Should I get a TDS meter to measure the runoff when I flush them?i don’t currenty have one and didn’t know if i need to worry about it since I’m not using a hydro setup.

Yes i would doesn’t hurt to know what it is once in a while but yes absolutely when you can I would they definitely come in handy when dealing with severe issues @Jmesser80

This is the unit I’m looking at. I don’t have a lot to spend on one.

https://www.amazon.com/HM-Digital-COM-80-Electrical-Conductivity/dp/B008SOPO10/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1488318980&sr=8-7&keywords=TDS+EC+Meter

Also I looked up storage solution for it but could find anything on Amazon. Only the calibrating solution.

Hiya @Jmesser80…this ppm meter is recommended

https://www.amazon.com/Quality-MagicPro-Released-Premium-Handheld/dp/B01JQZT1EU?tag=greenrel-20

at this post

The meters are stored dry…I have some distilled water to clean it with then shake the water off, dry the outside with a cloth, not the inside

We don’t use storage fluid with the tds meter?

No, not the ec/tds/ppm meter, store dry

the pH meter has a storage fluid

2 Likes

Well crap!!! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes the others are right @jmesser80, you do not need a storage fluid for those only calibration fluid for tds meter :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, with a EC/TDS/PPM meter, you just clean with distilled water before putting them away.

~MacG

Hello again Majiktoker,

Last night I noticed that the top of my tallest plants leaves have yellowed and one of them has a white spot on it. (Not spider mites white spots) but like the leaf is yellow and there is an area on it that is white.

I have not yet flushed the plants as I was waiting for them to dry a bit and also wanted to see if the PH balanced water would bring them back into it. Also was waiting for my TDS meter to arrive so I could check that when I flush.

Anyway any idea what would cause the white spot?

I forgot to take a picture of it and will do so when I get home later.

The white spot is on my tallest plant so thought maybe my lights were to close and started bleaching the leaf but there is no signs of heat stress.

Inalso bent a few of the branches in that plant to slightly LST them because they were taller than the others. I noticed that these 2 branches have tears in them where the stem meets the main stalk. I may have just bent them too much but didn’t think bent them too much so didn’t know if this is a symptom of something related to the white spot.

@Jmesser80, can you upload any pictures that would help me to help you :slight_smile:

I don’t currently have a picture of the white spot I meant to take one last night but forgot all about it. I’ll snap a picture when I get home and post it up. I’ll also take a picture of the 2 stems as well.

I’m sure it all boils down to a deficiency or nute lockout but just want to be sure. It is strange, they actually were looking better the other day or seemed to be except the top of that one plant.

Anyway I’ll upload a photo as soon as I get home from work.
Thank you

Ok I can help than

Here are the pics of the white spot along with a pic of the stems that damaged. These are from the same plant. I took a shot at the top side and underneath the leaf as well.

Looks like starting symptoms of severe heat stress

It was getting pretty close to my light. I raised it up yesterday when I noticed the spot and rotated
My plants around and put that one furthest away from the light. I’ll monitor it and see how she does.

My TDM meter came in today with the calibration solution so I’ll probably have a go at a flush tomorrow.

Thanks again for all your help.

1 Like

Not a problem keep me posted

So I flushed 2 of my 5 plants today. The 3 I didn’t flush seem to be doing good so I didn’t want to ruin a good thing.

Some numbers for the 2 plants I flushed. (The TDM measurements were using the ppm setting at .5 and was calibrated using a 342 ppm calibration solution)
Plant #1
Water going in PH 5.8, TDM 72ppm
Immediate runoff reading 1843ppm
After flush readings PH 6.6, TDM 378ppm

Plant #2
Water going in PH 5.8, TDM 71ppm
Immediate runoff reading 1667ppm
After flush readings PH 6.5, TDM 265ppm

How do the numbers look?
One question I have is when taking the TDM measurement of the runoff should I be putting that water through a coffee filter or something before I test it?

The other 3 plants were all around the same numbers. The final TDM reading was 1256ppm which I’ve read is high so I probably should have flushed those plants as well but since they are doing ok I didn’t want to waste the water. I will monitor them and flush if need be but the new growth looks good.