Natural Co2 generator!

@HappyCamper When you are fighting the smell of our beautiful plants a carbon filter is very good. You also should create a socalled “negative presure” in the room your plants are in. This is simply done by running your exhausting fan on a higher rate then your other fans pulling air in. With this methode no more air is sneaking out of your room and so the smell also stays IN the room. With a carbon filter on your exhausting system you should be fine.
There are also products like Ona Odor Gel and such things recommended by the guides of ILGM, but with this one you have to keep attention that you don’t mess up the taste of your plants.

1 Like

I agree, you’re plenty good!

Side note, you can actually increase co2 levels quite a bit by simply being in the room. Assuming you’re still breathing lol.

1 Like

i am a HUGE acolyte to the environmental conditions. to my untrained eye and others experience, environment plays a FAR greater role in yield than even lights and nutes

and keeping airflow strong and consistent is one of the ways i work toward that aim

once i got airflow correct, i focused on maintaining optimal conditions (temp, humidity, etc)

only once i did that, did i worry about nutes and lights

they were easy in comparison, and fell right into place when i secured my environment

( i build custom high end computers as a hobby. airflow to a tent/grow environment is remarkably similar to building a high end air cooled computer. same principals, different scale. so if you know computer cooling, you can grow your own in a confined space. if you can grow your own in a confined space, you can also likely build your own high end computer

just sayin’

3 Likes

I’m with you here mulch. Of the plants requirements, one is not more important than the other.

I think one of the major differences is that you just can’t throw money at any particular aspect of a grow and make it better. Sometimes a little knowledge, or even research, will go a lot further than a fat wallet.

1 Like

i have seen you say this somewhere else and i want to respond exactly the same way someone else did

unfortunately, i end up throwing money at the situation

but i am doing it to make it better. my ambient RO is 55 during veg, i use a humidifier to get it past 60 because that is what the plants what. that costs money, however i am addressing the actual problem

My ambient ro is 55% during flower, i am going to lower it with a dehumidifier. i had to buy 1. that costs money, however i am addressing the actual problem

it costs money but it IS addressing the ACTUAL needs of the situation

i have bought fans for this purpose as well, at 3 in the morning at a 24 hour walmart and i freeking HATE walmart

but it was because i was trying to solve a problem

my living is made on people throwing other peoples money at a problem to make it go away. i get it. what i do and others do is use tech to correct problems. and while it may look exactly like throwing money at a problem to make it go away, in most of these cases, it is addressing the actual issues

dont hate

if the $$$ solves the problem, then, there is no problem as far as i can tell

1 Like

I just set one up, but I used a shoe-lace for a wick. You can adjust the drip rate by raising and lowering the wick (coming out of a mason jar)

1 Like

Just shoot your plants with a co2 bb gun!

1 Like

HA!:sunglasses:

No amount of $ can replace knowledge guys
I agree with you @dbrn32 @mulch
And you guys are right all aspects are equally important
Keeep learning and experimenting you never know what you might discover lol
Happy growing guys :+1: :v: :cowboy_hat_face: CB

2 Likes

Well, I had my homemade dripper going all night. No adverse reaction seen in the morning, and everything I have read says they need more CO2, so I’ll keep trying it. I let it run during the dark hours, then put an extra fan at the door of the closet this morning to exchange the air in the closet. Seriously, it was this with a deep (to prevent splatter) bowl of baking soda.

High-tech Redneck.

2 Likes

I did the dyi co2 thing for a while myself found it to be more work than it was worth imho but give it a shot see if it works for you I’ve spoken to a bunch of people over time and it’s a 50-50 I’m sure a bottle set up would make a difference just not sure about these dyi setups
Happy growing @Whodat66 most of use have enough fresh air in tents room etc

Mine is in a closet, so the tent itself is not the “environment” since it is open at top and around the bottom. I was more worried about humidity, so airflow was paramount.

As far as work, I have that jar of vinegar with a lid on it. Tonight I put about a cup of soda in the bowl and set it in the tent with the jar on the shelf. Done. Just make sure there is more bowl than vinegar :wink:

I’m going to put a mark on the jar to see how much vinegar it goes through in 12 hours.

2 Likes

I guess it is a question of volume, and whether this is a wasted effort, or if the little puffs of CO2 do some good since it is right by the cola. The closet itself is 5’ x 5’, so 200 cu. ft.

1 Like

I’m familiar with the technique @Whodat66
And I’m not sure how to read it maybe with aco2 detector if you have one available to read the ppm
I’d say would be only way to gauge it
They are expensive I have them available at work and a decent cheap one will cost hundreds try if for a grow and see if it make s difference for you is my best advice :cowboy_hat_face: CB

My thoughts exactly. I’m not THAT curious, but I could look for some guestimate online of “x” baking soda + “x” vinegar = “x” CO2. If I’m going to bother, I could easily rig something bigger if I had a baseline to know how big.

These are the things stoners think about :books::notebook::desktop_computer:

1 Like

And then forget, so that makes this forum a good tool :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow man, I will definetely try to see if this natural Co2 generator works in my future grow!
Is there any advice on the rythm at which each drops should fall in the baking soda??

Thanks!