Mystery layer in my Oil

You’re right, it does look like empty trichs, that’s so cool!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I filtered off all the plant matter and this stuff settled in the bottom of my oil. So after filtering the oil a bunch of this was in the bottom of my jar. I scooped it out and put it on a plate to dry. You know I have to put a flame to it to see if it is anything.

4 Likes

ok @MAXHeadRoom we’re waiting… tic toc!!! hahaha

Did you blend the material in a blender before putting it in the alcohol?
I’ve never really seen this before , but then again I don’t make oil that way either… :wink:
If I’m making oil , I make bho shatter… or I make Cana butter or Cana coconut oil… not much else I do with it… I’ll be waiting to see what happens when you finely put a lighter to it… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hopefully he doesn’t put a lighter to it. It’s made with 99% alcohol.

I’m not sure if he’s making rso or tincture?

Lol … I meant the white stuff on the plate that he said was drying… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Wax would be my assumption :wink:

Ok glad you clarified that for me! Sometimes I’m too literal! @peachfuzz

:+1::grin::palm_tree::v:

1 Like

OK just got home. Its dry now. Smoke Smoke Smoke Tastes like a stem, no buzz, harsh, powdery :disappointed:
@bob31 wins, it must be the inside of the stem.
@Donaldj @peachfuzz

3 Likes

I’ve never seen that before. But always used bagged weed (making from my own next week). Thr one thing bagged doesn’t have us many stems, so that could be what it is.

Your first picture looks minging, looks like a layer of fat. I am looking on my phone, and it’s 7am.

Cool on making your own oil, how had it turned out?

1 Like

Guys how do i dry trim? Sugar leaves? Thinkong of doing a rough trim as the sugar leaves are literally white… just would be cool to know of I just chuck the trim on the dry net like the buds when the time comes! Thanks in advance

I wet trimmed all my buds and hung them up to dry. I had 9.5 oz wet trim so probably 2oz dry. I put the trim in the oven at 240 for 2 hours to decarboxylate the trim. Then I crushed all that up and put it in a quart jar. Added 19 oz of 99.9% Iso alcohol and let set for 24 hours shaking periodically. Then filtered with screen mesh to remove plant material. Then filtered with 2 coffee filters. Then I put the open jar in direct sunlight to remove the chlorafyl (this really works). Then I double filtered again and now it sets waiting for my son to bring back my crock pot. I plan on adding 20ml of veg glycerin to make it more manageable to dose before I evaporate. I hope that works because the last time I made it, it was like tar

Dry trim just means you hang the bud up to let it dry with all the leaves on it. Slows the drying process in lower humidity. You them trim before jarring. Wet trimming you trim before hanging to dry!

I do both wet and dry trim, but depends on the humidity. It has been humid here so I wet trimmed this go around.

2 Likes

I wet trim mine. remove all the fan leaves and discard, then I trim all the sugar leaves and save them to make oil. You can dry them or collect them in a bag and put them in the freezer to make oil when you have time. Its a chore to trim all the weed at one setting. I hung a clothes line and got clips from the dollar store to hang the bud from. Youtube has some good videos too. There are several ways to do this process but its very important to do it right. Not to dry and not to wet or you will get mold and ruin your crop.

Good Luck dude, its been a long journey and it isn’t over yet :scissors::scissors::scissors::evergreen_tree::rofl:

1 Like