My thoughts on lights & vents

@Countryboyjvd1971 How do you have your portable ac hooked up they aren’t slowing down looks like they grow everyday

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 The reason I’m asking I have 7 plants and 3 900 watt Meihzi leds to use 2 plants are autos when they are done then I will go with 2 lights 0n 5 plants. I’m only using 1 now

I actually have my grow space in my basement bro and I made a tentvfoe My tents out of two mil plastic stapled to ceiling and walls sealed to floor with tape (painted concrete) then I removed a small window and replaced with 2 inch think foam board insulation cut small hole for intake and exhaust for portable mine haze two hose I believe the ones you where looking oning at had one and I cool room allowing intake fans in tents to pull cooler air into the tent :+1:
I don’t need mine much only when it gets over 90 outside my basement stays around 72-74 most of the time brother I’m below ground one two sides

@Countryboyjvd1971 I was looking at the ones that just have exchaust vent. I’m below ground all 4 sides about 73 now that its 90+ my ac is cooling the room good with just 1 light I’m gonna try 2 in the next couple days. they seem to like everything they look good. I will post pic later Thanks

1 Like

Sounds great brother
Not sure why you would be have such a issue then with heat if you have Ac in room and your below ground
The single tube type do steal air from room and exhaust out make sure you don’t have a long run with those Ac exhaust tubes they don’t like long runs or to many bends if you do have a long run you may need to put a fan on tube to help unit out a bit that’s ?
I run three lights per tent FYI

@Countryboyjvd1971 I’m loosing the battle against the heat 2 lights intake & exhaust on max 2 16 inch fans running OSC. 92 degrees the lowest without lights has been 73 degrees. So I’m baffled.

Try putting a piece of flex duct right to discharge of Ac and ducting into tent that’s where you need the air so force it in maybe turn off intake once you do that since Ac will act as intake
That’s the best I can come up with right now ?
No knowing or seeing the grow room
Let me know if that works @Gonnatry2

@Gonnatry2 here’s the room. one thing I don’t do is cool or heat my basement so I will put a vent in for basement

. I hope that helps. If my intake is off I can feel air coming through so wouldn’t the fan help bring in more cool air.

Are the temperature staying high when you have it open like that and if you have any more vent screens that open I would open and add one or two more fans I see you have a few I currently have nine and I’m still real hot also using meizhi leds almost looks like it’s just recycling the hot air back into the tent

@Hogmaster I don’t know if temps will drop with door open just been spraying with water and leaving them alone. I do have a 6inch exhaust with carbon filter it’s at the top right you can barley see it I still have 1 more light I can use who no knows how hot that would b. Do you water more since your hot. Thanks

Hi, dont mean to interrupt, but have a question on your pic. That Blower fan on the right of your picture… You have the flex tub fixed to the intake. It is pulling the cooler air from the lower level and blowing it out of the tent…
at least thats how it looks

1 Like

That’s kind of what it look like to me as well but yes I have to water more and I use smart pots

@MindlessCorpse my bad the blower on right is intake off my ac 6 inch exhaust is on left that vents out my chimney. @Hogmaster will get a couple more fans tonight when I get vent for basement . Thanks

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 @Hogmaster Got 2 more fans that helped alittle then it stormed temp outside dropped to 60 so I put them back under 1 light no use of burning them up. I think I might get a window ac for basement and put my intake right off of it and set at 65 I hope that will work

1 Like

@Gonnatry2 if you can swingvthatvin your budget I think it will be best once basement is cool intake fan should be enough to keep thing good :blush:

@Countryboyjvd1971 Every time I do something it goes over budget (lol) Could I vent a portable ac out my chimney if I didn’t extend the hose. I could put a y on exhaust where it goes into chimney then they would both vent out the chimney.

1 Like

You can try it but from experience those unit don’t like long runs on exhaust you might want to get a cheap inline fan at home depot to help with the hot exhaust air off unit put that in chimney and put exhaust tube to that
I know it’s another expense but they are cheap about 20$ that should give you enough positive pressure in chimney that portable unit will not have a issue
You can try it with out the fan but you may trip on high head pressure or temp over load depending on safeties unit has built in due to restrictions in exhaust tube try it with out and if you run into problems put a fan inline won’t know till you try tho
Most of those portable units are designed to be exhausted out a window so the run would never be more than 6 feet and unrestricted at discharge point
And don’t feel bad :pensive: every thing I do cost way more than initially planned as well ?

@Countryboyjvd1971 I’m really confused now. It’s 83 outside my ac is at 74 1 light on both switchs and its 72.6 in the room yesterday it was 94 my ac run more but it was almost 91 that don’t make since to me.

I’m confused brother you sure that Ac is working when temps are over 90 maybe the cool is dirty and whennit get to hot it can’t keep up take a picture of your unit for me when you get a chance
Mostly want to see the area the air is pulled through for exhaust on Ac unit
Should be slotted back or something like that at the bottom of back and maybe side as well
You got the unit used right ?

@Countryboyjvd1971 The first pic is how I have intake off my house ac-2pic is exhaust out chimney 3is the vent I put in for basement last is ww I think they still look ok

I don’t have a portable ac was just try to figure out what to do.