My Sour Diesel Week 5

Just wanted to share.

15 Likes

Is that counting the two weeks after flipping the lights ?

@Fever you think you can grow look at my grow journal real quick i’m having a problem and waiting is driving me crazy ( as in i mean i wanna find a solution as fast as possible)

@Fever - Yes, I’m counting from the time I flip to 12/12. I have a technique where I go from 20/4 (veg) to 16/8 to 14/10 to 12/12 finally to 10/14. I decrease the light every week over a month. I also lower the temps. The plants seem to respond a little faster to that rather than just flipping to 12/12. When I do get to 12/12 I add another 300w to the grow. :+1:

4 Likes

Brilliant approach and conditioning of the plant

1 Like

Thanks @Fever . I’ve refined it over a couple years now. Trying different lights, temps, humidity etc. I’ve also found cooler water in bloom seems to speed things up… oh, and foliar feeding 5 minutes before lights out. First 4 weeks Epsom Salts (Magnesium sulfate) - then switch to a Kelp (1-.25 - 6 NPK) foliar for the next two - then just plain water till your tricomes are to your liking. Sorry, long winded. lol :joy:

2 Likes

Wow I flipped on march 14th so I am a little over a week behind you?
Foliar spray before lights out doesn’t contribute to mold? You are more advanced than me as this is my first grow but I will try your light tricks next grow.

@Fever. It can - but that depends on your relative humidity - also known as “rh”. If you have a combo thermometer/hygrometer then you can monitor your grow space. In bloom the rh in my tent stays around 40-50%. In veg I keep it around 50-60%. Seedlings around 70-80%. I also use a 24" fan inside my tent that keeps the air moving. That’s the key. Keep FRESH air moving across and through the canopy. Stagnant -low air flow and constant high humidity will bring mold. The foliar spray will evaporate relatively quickly even though you may see a spike in your rh. Not to worry. It’ll dissipate in a couple hours if not minutes.

2 Likes

I got that covered so I must be good to try that. Also how do you count flower? 8 Weeks from light flip or from the 2 week padding?

1 Like

@Fever. I don’t need to pad out the first two weeks - my plants are already going into bloom because of my light technique. I harvest based on tricome development not necessarily “weeks”.

If you went from veg straight to 12/12. You will want to start your “blooming weeks” count when you see pistol development (white hairs). That could be one week, two weeks, three weeks. Just depends on the strain and environmental factors.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I started bloom nutes the day after flipping but instructions say bloom nutes for first 6 weeks of flower , not sure what that means

@Fever. You should be fine. Just watch to not over feed. Go 1/2 strength unless your plants are looking healthy… and even then - be cautious. Watch your ppm and pH. As the flowers develop you can feed them more. :+1:

1 Like

Looks great! I can’t figure out how to start a post lol

Yes I’m flowering and using 3/4 strength until week 6 then stopping although I hope they don’t starve if I counted weeks incorrectly. I’ll call the nute company and see what they say

I’m not sure what you are trying to do, but go to start a new topic. . . Give it a try.

1 Like

@Fever. lol. Believe it or not - you kinda want them to “starve” towards the end. Especially the nitrogen… your feeding schedule should slowly lower N levels and increase PK. Calcium and Magnesium are essential at this point too. If you have a quality nutrient and schedule - that should cover it… :+1:

1 Like

Dude it starts from when the lights flip. That is what everyone means and is talking about.

1 Like