My Journal Started As One Thing And Went Off The Rails Continued

A couple of things I learned with this grow: use lower tds values across the board. Grow in coco! Paying closer attention to the actual nutrients instead of just following a feeding chart blindly. Waiting longer for harvest.

5 Likes

Good pointers and that’s exactly what I started doing when I switched them to 12/12. I am a hydro guy myself and am diligently keeping track of PH, PPM (and starting with my next top off water consumed) to determine proper nutrient levels. My main concern is whether or not I have enough light, but there isn’t anything I can do about that this grow.

3 Likes

I had to invest in a small (2’ X 3’ X 5’ high) tent as I mis timed my youngest plants and they got BIG! I need to harvest so I can SCROG two of them and put them in flower!

1 Like

@Gilly, here’s my journal. I didn’t run the plants in the SCROG correctly as the original method was to tie down branches horizontally and let the nodes form verticals. All of which get tucked until the tops are level. I just fed them through like @Screwauger I think talked about. My previous harvest had a SCROG Sour Diesel that went exactly 4 months, was 28" high and yielded 12 plus ounces of manicured bud.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip brother.
Sour D tends to be susceptible to it here too but the peroxide regimen (spray bottle while it’s growing & post harvest bath and rinse) works like a charm. I’ve been interested in trying the Jack Herer strain

I’ve got friends in Ojai and Ventura who managed to stay in their homes safely.
Please stay safe amidst all the smoke and ash. Hopefully you don’t have to leave.

6 Likes

I know you’ve been collecting data and mildew resistance is something nice to have.

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410 this purple train wreck I have is very resistant…my outdoor grow which turned to sh.t everything around the ptw’s had it and not the ptw’s they stood strong but the dense buds were no match to the mold…rot took 95% of the crop…

3 Likes

@Thatgingerpothead here’s my journal. There was a long treatise by Garrigan on tds values for coco. Worth reading.

3 Likes

Harvest day for the Jack Herer. Green weight is 4.13 lbs or 66.09 oz.

You can see the water is nasty after soaking in peroxide.

15 Likes

@bob31 @daz49 @DieHigh55 @Willd @WillyJ @Countryboyjvd1971 @Covertgrower @SmoknGranny @Screwauger @GreenThunder

6 Likes

You deserve a high five, slap on the back, kiss on the check…that’s enough. What an enlightening experience it’s been following your grow, Alan, no shit. And although it isn’t over yet, maybe it’s time to take an extra deep toke, and think…I done did it!

6 Likes

Well shucks, Alan: thank you! I was hoping for a higher yield but I’m guessing 8 ounces dry.

7 Likes

Very nice haul. That’s a lot. Seriously nice growing @Myfriendis410

4 Likes

Math on your wet weight comes out to around 13 oz dry take away for the stems and some leaf I’d say you may end up with an oz or two more than 8…nice job! @Myfriendis410

7 Likes

Nice harvest brother! Well Done!

5 Likes

I’m enjoying the view from the patio of all of these coke can sized buds hanging in a line 12’ long haha! 71° out and almost no wind.

Having a cup of coffee and a twist of Sour Diesel @Willd.

5 Likes

I might get 10,you’re right.

So far, this is the first properly executed grow for me. I’m excited to see what this plant delivers after cure!

5 Likes

Looks great @Myfriendis410 really looking forward to your review of this strain and of course, your final dry haul! Nice work!!

3 Likes

great job @Myfriendis410

3 Likes

Wholly spitballs @Myfriendis410, that is a butt ton, well done! :+1:t3: :smile:

1 Like