My Journal Started As One Thing And Went Off The Rails Continued

Hopefully not too much for my support! It probably weighs 15 pounds lol.

Now I’m going to relax with some Jack Herer.

4 Likes

heavy duty in a good way!! lol

1 Like

Nice !!:+1::raised_hands::+1:

1 Like

For whatever reason I usually rivet frame too. I then later look for a way to incorporate some bolts lol. They act as stand off so I can set fixtures face down without resting on diodes.

2 Likes

I’m installing eye bolts in the 4 corners and I’m going all the way through for that reason haha!

All of the assembly parts arrive tomorrow but lights and driver are due today. I’m putting a coat of paint on, everywhere but the contact areas on the strips. I figured to apply the thermal tape, paint, remove the tape backing and mount the strips.

5 Likes

Good idea! I try to use whatever I have around, but I may steal that idea when the time comes I need to purchase something.

Don’t see how that would hurt much.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve got pretty good heatsinks in that tubing and it’s a considerable thermal mass too. Any loss of efficiency from the paint would be small.

The footprint is 23" X 30" which should cover a 24" X 36" canopy (I have 4 feet but relegate space for air movement and fans and other necessary crap lol. I’ll build 2 more of these fixtures which will just fit lengthwise.

Now that I thought about it for a minute, I had been in habit of applying tape to strips first. I didn’t try the opposite way, and I’m sure it makes no functional difference. It just looked like the strips would be easier to lay that way from my perspective.

I think you’ll be plenty happy with the coverage like that.

1 Like

12 Likes

You and @Rugar89 making feel like I need to buy something.

Edit… can’t leave you out either @Bogleg @MattyBear

5 Likes

I got shipping notification from cobkits today so I’ll need to get some aluminum angle ASAP.

3 Likes

Went ahead and masked off the area for the strips.

14 Likes

Nice! You weren’t lying, looks like it needs about 6 quantum boards!

4 Likes

I’ll get a coat of gloss over primer today. Tomorrow I will finish the hole placement for everything.

2 Likes

You’re upping the diy game with the paint. I’m gonna have to holler at anno shop or something.

4 Likes

I noticed that there are connection points at both ends. I’m assuming either end is fine.

3 Likes

Yessir. Electrically they are the same spot. Their biggest purpose would be to save on wire if you had them configured end to end instead of side by side. You can certainly use them however you’d like though, as long as it’s proper.

3 Likes

check it out! you’re going to be busy @Myfriendis410

2 Likes

You guys make me jealous with all those neat additions. You need to figure out a way to attach those little LEDs with paint and make the whole ceiling your light. Just paint them on.

3 Likes

No paint that I know of. But these will peel and stick, not too far from painting.

4 Likes