My Journal Started As One Thing And Went Off The Rails Continued

The difference between the a or b is the dimming. The a version has built in dimmer that will allow you linear dimming from 100% output down to 50% output. The b version just comes with dimming leads. So you would have to install your own dimmer. This would cost you extra, but also allow you to dim down to 10%. The major benefit to the b is that with the dimming leads open they actually put out an extra 5-7% current. So you get some bonus power.

I usually recommend the a version, especially in your first build. It’s easier, cheaper, and you shouldn’t ever have a reason to dim below 50%. The extra current in this case is like 50ma, so it’s not really going to change anything.

Other stuff looks good. We talked about getting 18awg solid wire rated for at least 300 volts right? And then you’ll probably want something different for the ac input side of the driver.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410, pardon my ignorance but aren’t heatsinks a type of heat exchanger? Does your next light purchase require those to stay cool?

1 Like

Yeah, even though these are very efficient there is still a lot of heat load to be rejected. I’m installing these on some aluminum that’s been lying around for 20 years. A major cost of a diy build is the heatsink.

1 Like

Ok, Good to know.

I would like to also refine the placement of these (10) strips within my footprint. I was thinking that a heatsink/light orientation might look like a Roman numeral 2. 3 ea on the top and bottom cross legs and 2 ea on the uprights (sic). Wondering if that would cover better.

1 Like

Are you talking about the layout of these 10 strips? Or like the total overall plan for the room?

Unless you’re talking about making the heatsinks bigger and spreading the strips out more the coverage won’t really change that much.

1 Like

@garrigan62 @Donaldj @Niala @bob31 here we go again! GSC-X starting week 5 of flower, showing signs of shutting down. There’s not 1 white pistil on the plant yet it’s frosty and healthy for where it is in its life cycle.

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA GSC-X

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? Roots Organics coco

System type? Hand water

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? None taken

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS 425 ppm tap water (aged) 1,000 ppm added nutes, 1,425 ppm total, FF Cha Ching after one dose of Beastie Bloomz per schedule.

Indoor or Outdoor? This is a mix of both. 4 to 6 hours outside daily.

Light system, size? Servicing this one plant is 350 watts of led (plug watts).

Temps; Day, Night 72 to 84, 72 at night

Humidity; Day, Night ambient is 50%, dehumidifier runs at night at 35%

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size 200 cfm in line.

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, dehumidifier

Co2; Yes, No no

Left this to superzoom. More pics next post.

10 Likes

This plant is growing alongside 2 others (WW, Sour Diesel) all photos, no sign of stalling out.

15 Likes

Looking delicious as ever @Myfriendis410 I wish I could smell them through the screen. The smell is my favorite part of the grow I think.

2 Likes

She’s awfully big, any chance you think she may be root bound?

3 Likes

She’s in a 7 gallon fabric pot so my first response would be no. Good thought.

3 Likes

Hey when you said here we go again, was it referring to running the gscx previously and it finishing earlier?
If so Is it a clone of that plant ?
Or does it stop growing and still take the usual time for the trics to mature.
Got me :thinking:

4 Likes

I had a stalling issue a couple of grows back which is what I was referring to lol. The plant appears to have stopped producing flowers, hoping it’s temporary.

1 Like

it is just catching another gear @Myfriendis410

5 Likes

double clutching!

5 Likes

Yeah, as long as she doesn’t blow the rear end haha! @BIGE

6 Likes

Light frame and heatsink in process. Assembled but will do it differently next time.

15 Likes

Did you run into some problems? Or just come up with a better idea in the process?

1 Like

I started with rivets and ended up with bolts. Next time I’m going to use threaded rod.

2 Likes

sweet @Myfriendis410,that is heavy duty !!

1 Like