My grow journal

Water day for big girl week 3 of flower she only took a little over a half gal of water

also I have a question @daz49 @M4ur @MBgrower @Ray4x @bruinsfan33 @Tonyb @TokersHaven how long into flower should i wait before I split the stem? Here is a pic of AK-48 and Green Crack I just topped Green crack today on water day she is a week old today and AK-48 is a week and 3 days today her new tops are coming in great I believe she’s gonna be great. please let me know what y’all think. As well when should i start LST?

2 Likes

You have to wait for splitting the stem till right at the end

2 Likes

@Stoner_Cody420

Split the stem right before harvest.

Maybe a week before?

Yes the last week as they have said.
Also you may want to lower light to limit that stretch @Stoner_Cody420

What happens with splitting the stems? Mine already did, but from the weight lol

1 Like

The splitting he’s referring to is a 3 days to a week before harvest,you stab straight through the lower trunk and put stake through with two zip ties or such to keep from split totally.
Increases resin ,from the stress of no nutrition @bruinsfan33

1 Like

Ah I see so give it a little bend so it doesn’t snap

2 Likes

Week 6 flower on big girl PH 3.5 or so @Hogmaster @TokersHaven @daz49 @Tonyb @M4ur @Ray4x the PH was 7.0 when I first watered her a couple days ago then it dropped to 3.5 as of today good or bad?

she’s deffinetly getting so much better the buds are starting to show and she’s starting to get a little stinky lol

2 Likes

Is bad… Very bad! That plant will not absorb any nutrients if you looking at this chart

Nutrient_Chart2

1 Like

Those meters are very inaccurate I would suggest getting an actual pH digital meter

4 Likes

I suggest to give her a flush (the 3 times water 6.5 ph… Ex. If the pot is 5gal you need to give her a flush whit 15 gal of water). But after 5gal you need to test the runoff.
But first clean that pH meter… Is not so God for pH test.
And wait for more answers please before you take a decision!!!

@Stoner_Cody420

1. those things aren’t very accurate. You need a ph pen and measuring runoff
  2. looks like your misreading it- the bottom line is ph. Looks like 6 something to me.
2 Likes

I agree with @Hogmaster
Do yourself a favor a get a digital ph pen the 20$ ones work fine and will get going
I wouldn’t trust that meter you have except for moisture reading
@Ray4x your correct bottom line closer to 8 but still wouldn’t trust that meter

2 Likes

Now I look at that pH meter… I think is on moisture meter… Not on ph meter…

1 Like

I believe you are correct.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for all the input/Advice I’ll be deffinetly getting a better PH tester @Countryboyjvd1971 @M4ur @bruinsfan33 @Hogmaster also it’s water day for my big girl shes week 6 and a half of flower buds are starting to form pretty good I think.

also week 4 of veg for my AK-48 and weak 3 for green crack I topped AK-48 3 times now and topped Green Crack twice All tops are coming in good so far. @Rugar89 @daz49 @bob31 @Ray4x if I forgot anyone I’m truely sorry.

5 Likes

Did you’re plant wind up being fem for you?

1 Like

Out of the 7 reg seeds. So far cut down 2 males and looks like the other 5 could be females. No balls yet.

3 Likes

That’s really cool @bruinsfan33 so you really didn’t loose out on to much 2 out of that many really ain’t all that bad. I have another question about my girl do you think she will grow till harvest in this big of a pot? I’m not sure how many gallons it is it don’t say and the guy I got it from couldn’t tell me either lol so not to sure how to tell but trying to see if she’ll be alright untill harvest in it.

3 Likes

I’m guessing that’s about a 3 gallon possibly a little bigger but not much if it was an auto flower that you were growing I would say you would be perfectly fine you can still grow your girl in the 3 gallon pot she’s just going to be small but you do run the risk of it getting a root bound I highly recommend the smart pots or cloth pots they work great indoors I usually stick around 5 gallons sometime 7 gallon outdoor 15 or 20 gallon hope that helps buddy

3 Likes