My fist attempt at cloning

Hello guys and gals, I’m just trying to clone my GSC. I did the aloe Vera method for 24 hrs, then planted cutting into perlite/ peat moss/vermiculite. Misted it for the next few days with ph’d rain water @ 6.5. Never wilted, it has been cover and kept at 80 to 100% humidity. It has had its dome on since the sept 23, when should I stop misting and remove dome. @bob31 @Aquaponic_Dumme @Niala @garrigan62 @Countryboyjvd1971

4 Likes

@Mrcrabs 7-10 days is the safest bet. I had enough roots that was able to support the clone after 6 days. I’m not sure if yours may be longer if you didn’t use rooting hormone. I was able to check some cloned males that had to go. :skull: hope that helps.

2 Likes

@Covertgrower Thanks, I will give it ten days to be sure!:v:t3:

1 Like

You’ll know, when it starts pushing new growth @Mrcrabs. That’s a good indicator that it’s established itself.

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410 I will keep a close eye on it. It hasn’t showed any sings of stress. Hope it makes it . Will keep you updated on the aloe Vera and rain water rooting solution.

2 Likes

@Mrcrabs

You are doing a great job for your first time trying, keep it up my friend and tag me if you want.

Will

1 Like

exactly right!

1 Like

Looks great @Mrcrabs very nicely done! Keep us updated on the progress!

At what stage (age/ veg or flower) was the mother?

1 Like

Thanks @bob31 @garrigan62 , the Mother plant is only 45 days old,

2 Likes

You going to have enough height in the grow room? What is the height from the floor @Mrcrabs

1 Like

2 Likes

@bob31 seven foot. Here’s a a ilgm gsc auto.

@bob31 I grew this auto fist and now getting ready for the photo. Our whole house smell wonderful with just a little auto plant.

4 Likes

I use a home made bubble cloner, for less then $30 at Wal-Mart I can clone with nothing but oh water and a :100:% rooting every time. My wife was so thoughtful and ordered me a bottle of clonex with out saying anything before it got here. I used it 1 time worked great. Then I built my bubble cloner, now all I use the clonex for is when I over split a branch but super cropping to much. Like a bandaid. . I tried the clonex in the cloner and imo didn’t really help, but a tsp of rooting power in the ph 5.8 water worked a little better but as far as time there all about the same with or without rooting agents.
Just a thought, good luck and keep growing better every time. .

2 Likes

@Wishingilivedina420state. Sounds like a cool contraption. I love diy projects! I grow all organic so I don’t put any chemicals in my grows, I’m afraid to kill the life cycle of my soil. Thanks for info

1 Like

@Wishingilivedina420state Just googled diy bubble cloner. Once again thanks for info.

1 Like

If you’re staying organic, honey can be a good alternative to rooting hormones.

1 Like

Yes, I might try that also, just that I have lots of aloe Vera in our garden

2 Likes

@dbrn32 but now that you mentioned that my buddy is the care taker of lot of orange fields, they always have lots of honey bee hives. I’m for sure Gona barter some honey for bud.:v:t3:

3 Likes

Tried that didn’t work with regular honey. Ask @FloridaSon what type you need I forget.I thinks it’s unrefined honey might work.

2 Likes