My first grow is upon me (support ticket inside)

It’s not with autos they will flower in 24hr light schedule

I know they will flower with any schedule, but I was wondering about the plants “sleep quality” if there is a little light rather than total darkness…not for the flowering, but just for general health.

I would think that total darkness would be needed or green light only, but I wouldn’t imagine the degree of darkness being different if they have to have complete darkness I wouldn’t see that changing dark is dark imo

It looks like I’m having issues, ph 5.8 about 8 days old 20/4 lighting now . Just ph’d water . Input please

@Bogleg @Sirsmokes @Donaldj

Hey brother the plugs look dry epically the last pic. I’m not a hydro guy but mabey check distance from your net cup to water level my understanding is 1.5 in is good distance. Let me remember who’s a hydro guy and I wI’ll tag them over, but it really looks like it’s dry have you misted the seedling? Mabey a humidity dome? Cut the top off a bottle and use the bottom in a pinch. The others can weigh in but everything looks dry bro

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 @BIGE these guys will know who the hydro gurus are I can’t remember

How close are your lights and what kind of lights

They look super dry to me. Your roots need to be in water. Are your roots in water?

Roots are in the water, 2 inches from basket smaller of the 2 has single root larger with yellowing leaves ha several into the water .

Led 360 , up high in the tent

@Donaldj is the hydro guru,but you might try your water level where it will wick some moisture up your rapid rooter plug…i’m not big hydro guy,but will be giving it a shot soon though.

Top water once a day until roots reach safer zone and place clear plastic cup or pop bottle bottom over them to hold some humidity. For future reference when using Rapid rooter in lecca you try to bury it somewhat at least so sides are covered :wink:

4 Likes

thank you @Donaldj

Thank you @Donaldj

1 Like

A little Dec 25 update. 25 days from soaking beans 1 of three floated and didn’t sprout. So of the two that did there is progress. A little yellowing on the larger basket plant . Smaller basket is slowly growing .

Waters for both 1/2 strength nuts and ph approx 5.8 (ph was edited I typed in the wrong number)

3 Likes

Hey @retroegg just a heads up, the proper ph for hydro is 5.5-5.8 5.8 being ideal.
See the damage on the lower level.
It will progress quickly in hydro

Oh maybe it was a mistake I scrolled up and the other update says 5.8

2 Likes

Thanks . I’ve been keeping water ph @ 5.8 ish and it’s been pretty stable . Just watching the yellowing on the larger plant with concern . 4 days till water change and adjusted nuts .

2 Likes

When you say “ish” it makes me nervous. How recently have you calibrated your ph meter, do you have a tds meter and exactly how “ish” is your 5.8.

You can’t be cavalier about hydro. You need to be right on top of it dude.

No tds yet . Ish is 5.7- 5.85. Never seems to be exact

1 Like

And when have you checked the calibration?

PH is the most common issue with growing mj: that and nute burn. That’s why I want to rule that out first lol.