My first experience with living Cannabis 🌿💚

I’ve been self medicating with cannabis since I was 21yrs old (37 this month) and I had never seen a cannabis plant in person until I started this, my first grow. I never knew the plant other than what came in a Tinny, Baggie or oil cap. So finding the 5 leaf, 7 leaf & then 9 leaves was soo cool for me. I never knew you could get a 9 leaf fan :seedling:

I’m loving growing my own meds :relaxed::green_heart::seedling::sunglasses:

8 Likes

I did a similar type thing. I’m a newbie also. But I have read alot about ph levels, nutrients. My biggest problem is trying to figure out how to set up my ventilation.

3 Likes

Let’s have you start a new topic and we can help you figure that out @Bshmstr

Indoor Growing - I Love Growing Marijuana Forum +New Topic in the upper right corner and we will help you out!

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful indica just as u said. Man it goes great in a sativa trifecta sandwich

1 Like

It’s been a busy week and exciting too :relaxed:

I was soo busy I had my first “oh shit my girl is wilting!” moment. It was not cool seeing my beauty looking soo sad! She’s ok now thank goodness :green_heart: She’s growing up more than out, I’m still vegging her as I want to make sure the babies grow. I measured her yesterday at 45cm

The clones are fascinating, every morning I lift the dome to check on them and there’s a few perky ones, but by the afternoon check some have got droopy. I sprayed the dome yesterday. The water I used I had corrected pH with organic lemon juice and since it dropped to 6.3 & I wanted 6.5 I pH upped with organic compost tea. This morning I had 7/8 perky little clones :clap:t2: I had also decided it was time to vent the dome a little, since my cheap dome doesn’t have vents I placed hygrometer inside to lift lid a smidge :+1:t2: I’m curious to see what they look like this afternoon.

Also got some good news lol my sis did some bartering to get me some more trim to practice making infused coconut oil :clap:t2: I seriously cut down my spotting and my lungs have appreciated it. It takes my gut & metabolism 3hrs before I feel it kick in and I can’t rely solely on it seems. But we’ll see as I’m new to cooking meds & growing them too, never really do know how it’s gonna go in the future, no crystal balls around here :crystal_ball:

6 Likes

Try holding the infused oil under your tounge instead of swallowing. Sublingual kicks in quicker for me. @Spots

1 Like

Edibles can be tough that way. It takes at least 90 minutes for me to feel the effects. I usually layer my meds at night. I do canna caps made from infused coconut oil and then sleepy time time tea with infused honey a couple of hours later with a few hits from my vape pen in between. For me the key to keeping a handle on my Fibromyalgia pain starts with a solid nights sleep. The meds for my honey and my hard candies are the only thing I get from the dispensary as I use concentrated cannabis oil to make them. Keep experimenting and you will fine tune it for what works best for you.

2 Likes

Advice please :green_heart::seedling: @Donaldj @Hogmaster @Countryboyjvd1971 @Ray4x @latewood

So I’ve had some clones going since Sept 5th, the hardiest has grown to dome top & has roots out bottom of peat pod, there’s another with some roots too. Some are behind. I’m thinking I pot a couple and stick them in with mummy, mummy is still under 400w MH. Would it be too much of a shock to my clone if I do this? My seedling/cloning tent is tiny, it’s m2 is only just big enough for dome. If I pot them all they’ll fit in tiny tent but I’m not sure the lagging ones will survive that :thinking: Any advice is much appreciated & thanks in advance :green_heart::seedling::relaxed:

pic is frm a few days back before I found roots.

1 Like

So I’ve managed to do a bit of reading, seems I will stress clone too much if move in with mummy as environment is too different. I feel like I need to do something tho as the tallest clone with most roots can’t be left touching wet top of dome. I’ve been hardening them with venting & short periods without dome top. What to do :thinking: Next

Just took this pic

Should I just put them All into the little peat pottles I’ve got and rest them in some base?

1 Like

2 Likes

You can put them with your mothers so long as you add a dome to let them adjust to reduced RH

1 Like

It’s been sincere 9/5 they all look healthy I’d transplant them all I take away the dome then but keep them under T5 water the soil as needed and mist them a few times a day until they look adjusted to no dome then eliminate misting that works for me…

1 Like

This is hard trying to pay for meds while setting up grow. Grow is going well. Me not so much, but it does help after a meltdown to try focus on positive that I’m so far a successful grower :green_heart:

5 Likes

How easy is it to hermie a plant? I’m pretty sure my tent has light leaks, cause I can see light through zipper & some tiny spots high up at night, it’s in a room with curtains drawn. But last night I forgot and turned bedroom light on. Am I being anxious over nothing? @latewood

1 Like

My tent had a ton of light leaks and I forgot and left room light on all night 2nd week of flower,nothing happened. One time deal no biggie, but try to avoid repeated exposure @Spots

2 Likes

Usable light is an issue not a twinkling star in the night sky :wink: so the minor light spillage through zipper and seems shouldn’t pose an issue if it isn’t sustained bright light

2 Likes

Thank you :green_heart: That’s a great analogy, I love analogies as they help me understand better :relaxed:

I’m soo pissed with myself. Got distracted last night with family drama & I forgot to fold Back down the vent window. I dunno how much light got in when sun came up :pensive: But plant prob got light leak bad this morning. The dog wld hve wanted out & curtains opposite opened up vent :sob: Surely I hermie her this time