My first experience with living Cannabis 🌿💚

@spots I think you missed my request to tell me about the cfm ratings or equivalent for the fan and filter?

2 Likes

Thanks @bob31 I did mean to find info but it was late and I went to bed. I’ve been on mish this morning to find out ratings… What’s yr thoughts on these numbers please - my filter is the 100-150

1 Like

You want the next size up in filter at least and even a little bigger wouldn’t hurt you restricting the air to much with the filter you have it’s only rated fir half of the cfm your have
And as far as a intake use 100 cfm if possible
Hope this helps a little @Spots

1 Like

My house smells vegetative which does not bode well for when I switch to flowering
I can’t front for a bigger filter yet, can I increase ducting length to not put as much pressure on filter? Or will my temps climb with that method too? Or should I place filter at pushing end of ventilation instead?

1 Like

Imo you won’t change anything you can try to put filter on exhaust end but I don’t think it will help and increasing duct peachy just puts more pressure on system
Also what type of light are you running? Sorry if you mentioned it already @Spots can’t remember every thread tho lol
FYI I’m a 25 year commercial HVAC tech out of NYC so I do know a bit about these things my friend

2 Likes

@spots I think @Countryboyjvd1971 explanation is better than I could have done. That filter is way too small for that fan!

1 Like

Ok so I asked my dad for some money & he said yes cringe I hate doing that… I’ve not asked my dad for money since I was a solo mum on a benefit in my 20’s tho so kinda winning since I’m 37 next month.
So what size filter do I need? Cause my house smells like the tent & I’m still not in flower @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971

Do I just increase the length of filter and keep the 100mm to fit my fan?

Thank you for all your advice :green_heart: I’ve looked into getting 6" fan & filter but it’s too expensive, only got $200 to use and need to hurry. So I’ve found a 100 X 400 filter & a larger intake fan to try balance the pressure in my 1mX1mX2m tent with one 400w MH, I’ll be switching to 400w HPS bulb for flowering. I’ve opened windows in room as it’s 20degree Celcius Spring day & temps getting up to 28c in tent.

opinions :relaxed: Male or hermie? @Rugar89 @rodri59 @Countryboyjvd1971 @latewood @bob31

1 Like

Too early to tell but give it time👍

2 Likes

Agree with @MattyBear too early to tell

1 Like

What is the CFM rating of that filter? 100x400 isn’t on your list

1 Like

Sorry @Spots just seeing this yes that 100 -400 will work :+1:

1 Like

Spots, I agree maybe a bit too early? But if we are making predictions I am going to say its a girl. Of course, at this stage, this is only a hope and a dream for you :wink:

Is this a bag seed or something?

1 Like

I’m going to make book on it being male. The 1st and 7th picture, on the left side, it just looks like a little claw shape.

I hope I’m wrong.

1 Like

and then there is this one

3 Likes

Here’s a male. Just started showing. Chopping him down in the morning. Durban.

2 Likes

I can’t tell yet what that is. Only a day or 2 and it shoud present more
clearly. Remove that hair from the stem…LOL

1 Like

I’m not usually a betting woman… But in this instance my money’s on male lol

1 Like