My First Ever Grow. Of auto's first ever plant

@Mikos

1 Like

Not ready yet.

Pistils that are still white are still an indication of new growth. The last few weeks are when they bulk up the most.

Most plants require 8+ Weeks of Flowering.

When the pistils are browning it is time to look at the trichomes with a jewelers loupe or magnifier

Here is what to look for

Clear Trichomes are still growing

Milky trichomes are mature

Amber trichomes are past maturity

The goal is maximum milky which usually requires some of the trichomes to be amber and some will be clear.

4 Likes

@Mikos…What I do is I leave my lights on 24/7 until they start flowering and then I go on a 12/12 schedule…seems to work for me!

1 Like

@mikos…I started last week only water, no nutes on my girls.

1 Like

@Mikos…bob31 is right…look at these pictures …they are really a good source for you to know when to harvest!

1 Like

@Mikos…one never knows what influences the growth of an individual plant. Look at my 2 girls …one is more than a week younger than the other and yet they are both at the same growth stage right now…both are flowering, the same height, etc. So don’t worry about your youngest plant having more amber pistils…just make sure you harvest her at the right time!

2 Likes

hey my brother sorri i have not been round much i got so much pain so trying to take easy
@Mikos bro i have never done autos yet i will try atm i goty my ones shuugz strain so i will be trying them for a bit
good you got your pens in bro also i will say b4 i even knew i had a soilless mix i was givig my babys 6.8 and look u have seen how do they look to you and now i have kept at 6.5 and still they are good so i would not worry bro bless andthey look nice i cant wait for my ones to look like that bless bro

1 Like

Thanks @Shuggz bro i appreciate the nice comments @Kapelady thank you too. Hope you feel better soon shuggs bro. I guess my nerves are getting the better of me now and the more info i gather the more i think my girls couldve done better if i hadnt rushed things to get a harvest for xmas but time will tell 3oz or more and i will be happy however i cant see 3oz on my girls yet. But i still have around 18 to 14 days left maybe more maybe less. The one girl thats 10days younger than the rest has more amber than i would like atm but if she can pile on the weight that be great. Any tips for fattening my buds i would love to know. Let me know what the thought on my pics. New natural light ones will be done today guys am going to give them some TLC today and maybe a light devoliation if needed. Was told that can help fatten buds up ? Any views. ?

2 Likes

@bob31 thank you my friend these pics with your few carfully chosen words of wisdom is just what i needed to reasure me that all is ok and i am just nervous. Dam this is more stressful than when i was waiting on my kids to be born. Wow better not let the other half read tht lol.

3 Likes

I need some help how can i tell when these are ready any views insight would be of great help.

![20171123_085722|374x500 (upload://gd6z0NBQFaaSVXxdXf3MmqhIwLy.jpg)

@bob31 @Donaldj @garrigan62 @Shuggz @Kapelady am not sure what am looking for as some look amber to me but i am thinking its maybe just a reflection from the clrear ones from the amber pistils ???

3 Likes

@Mikos u see the brown string bit they were white at one point yes so if it like that all the way thru then yr done i think jst curing left and how u been bro i hope al is good

1 Like

@Shuggz thanks i wasnt sure am going to flush her today anyway and get some true light shots at the trichomes before i do anything else and the other 2 are different but am going to have a close look today at them all and see what you all think and then decide what to do after that. ??? And thank you shuggs my friend been a tough week taken ill was at drs to get blood work done and see why my leg and foot etc has swollen and starting do be painful. Now i got to check the girls and one might be resdy to harvest. If anyone has anything they would care to add i would appreciate any tips or help as i am still to flush and am doing tht today so any helpfull hints tips that may help me as i am so nervous and stressed out not to mention my health not to good atm so need as much help as i can get over these nxt few weeks as ive been given strict orders to put my leg up and rest and tht i cant do so making this as easy as possible for me and limit the stress will be great so any help will be great thanks to all my support and friends for getting me thus far and not too long i hope. With all your help @bob31 @Donaldj @Shuggz @garrigan62. Thanks i will post better pics later on today all natural light ones and close ups aswell so you can all tell me if possible how much longer you all think and what is my plan of action from here. Thanks my grow family grow in peace my friends.

@Shuggz this is the pics i just got just now all 3 are different i thought atleast 2 would be the same and that

Charlie #1

coco #2

munchkin #3

Let me know what i should do. Please @bob31 @Donaldj @Kapelady @Shuggz @garrigan62 @3high5you @Hogmaster any ideas or help with my next steps would be of great help cause i aint feeling to great and the pills am on is just not helping me think about nxt steps.??? Plz help me my friends.

1 Like

@Mikos Sorry to hear you’re not feeling well.

I use a scope for pics and I had to mount it into a tripod to get better pics. The slightest bit of shake or breeze will make the pics a little blurry.

Here is what we are looking for:

When the pistils are browning it is time to look at the trichomes with a jewelers loupe or magnifier

Here is what to look for

Clear Trichomes are still growing

Milky trichomes are mature

Amber trichomes are past maturity

@mikos how many days/ weeks of flowering (first pistils)?

From your side, what trichomes would you say you have or what percentages?

One mistake that is frequently made is to flush or stop nutes too early when the buds need the nutes to finish building.

1 Like

@bob31 thanks i have a mixture as you can see and i am unsure what to do with each of my girls. Am unsure on the petcentage if i am honest that is why i took pictures cause i dont want to make that mistake.

I responded above your last post @Mikos

1 Like

Can you just answer that? I’m only going to be around today for an hour or so and then not again till later this afternoon/ evening and I don’t want to leave you hanging

3 Likes

@Mikos…first of all Happy Thanksgiving! Now, you are almost done but not quite. You see the amber color is just starting on one pic. Just a bit longer…you want to see that amber color throughout your buds! Very close keep a good eye on them now! I have one bud which has just started to turn amber…so I am in the same boat …very close but not quite there yet! Hope you stopped using nutes! You want to stop the nutes for sure now. You are very close but not quite there yet, so congrats! Do you know how to dry them once they are ready? Cut the stems and hang them upside down for 2 weeks then you can cut the buds off and place in a glass jar (you know the kind) and put that jar in a dark place for a month. That’s when you will be able to reap the rewards of your grow!

1 Like

Sorry there its day 62 and day 52 for one they veg for nearly 4wks not quite 4wks tho maybe 3 and a half wks veg and the rest is flower 41days. And 31days for one @bob31 @Donaldj @Shuggz