My First Ever Grow. Of auto's first ever plant

nope, not really. You have to harvest let them dry and then cure. Curing can take 4 plus weeks, though many begin sampling after the first week of curing.
The only thing you can do is look at the buds scientifically (pistils then trichomes). @Mikos then do your flush and let them dry out some before harvest.

2 Likes

@Mikos…hang them upside down for 2 weeks then in glass jars.

1 Like

@Kapelady @Mikos the amount if drying time actually depends on the humidity. If it’s dry they could be ready in 3 days. If it’s humid it could be 10 days. When secondary stems snap they are ready for curing.

4 Likes

@bob31…yes I know…

1 Like

Well my friends its getting closer to tht time and i am like a kid in a candy store. I also picked up some new seeds yesterday " PURPLE EXPRESS" SO I CANT WAIT AM SO STOKED. @Shuggz @bob31 @dbrn32 @Kapelady thank you all for getting me this far thanks god bless you all and grow i peace.

3 Likes

@Mikos…nice feeling! Yes I am also almost ready to cut down my buds…a couple more days!

1 Like

Have a closer look if you can but this one is now turning amber on some of her trichomes what should i do and how. Cause i just dont know what i should do guess i am just uncertain. However they have had two lots of water. A closer look if possibble
And the other one is ready but no amber trichomes they are all milky so i was letting them have a couple more days but am not to sure with the one in the photos. I can post pics of other ones if you all wish to see the other ones aswell but for now i just need some guidence on what to do with her in the photo’s @bob31 @Shuggz @dbrn32 @Kapelady . Any views help and guidance here will be hugely appreciated as i have never grew anything so i wouldnt no were to start wen it comes to this harvest. Its getting to be now or never but they are still all wet in there mediums. Please help lol. Thanks to all my grow family grow in peace.

3 Likes

Do you have drying area setup? Assuming you’re going to need a separate space due to different harvest times. Getting that together will be the first step.

If you’re sseeing Amber on any plants they’re probably about ready. The cloudy trichs, could be a little ways to go yet. Sometimes they never go amber, sometimes they go to amber really quick. If they’re cloudy and still have a high percentage of white pistils I like to let them go. If it’s still producing new pistils the buds are still swelling. From there you just want to continue to monitor trichs until the majority of pistils are turning or you start seeing the trichs going amber.

3 Likes

@Mikos…looking very good…if the trichomes are at least 50% amber in color then it is time to harvest. Now I will be doing this myself this week coming up. This is how I harvest: I cut the stem (the whole stem from pretty close to the bottom of the plants. I take those stems using rope I hang them upside down in my greenhouse. No lights and make sure the whole greenhouse is in the dark for about 2 weeks depending on the humidity. The slower it dries out the better but sometimes you can’t control that. Just remember when you can snap the stem then it is time to take them down and cut the buds to be put in glass mason jar for a month (in the dark and make sure it is sealed tight). Open the jars at least every other day and make sure there is no mold and shake the jar so as to let air get to all those buds. The last thing you need at your last stage is for your buds to be moist and get mold! Congrats! I’ll be posting pics once I have cut down my plants later this week.

3 Likes

Thanks @Kapelady thats what i needed to know. Al bring them down sometime this week. Am not expecting alot this time but as long as its enuff to tide us over till the nxt lot will be ready. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

@mikos What are you using to see those trichomes? You have posted some nice pics, but nothing that really shows the trichomes much?

Your plants are now 72 days and 62 days from flowering / first pistils? Or is that how old they are in total? I’m confused on that point so if you could clarify that would be great!

Take another round of pics for me. Zoom in good like you did a few weeks ago and turn off the LED and lets see how the look.

Here are what each different kind looks like.

When the pistils are browning it is time to look at the trichomes with a jewelers loupe or magnifier

Here is what to look for

Clear Trichomes are still growing

Milky trichomes are mature

Amber trichomes are past maturity

7 Likes

Thanks @bob31 i will post they pics for you after but i have managed to figure out how to see the thricomes properly but now i have two plants starting to turn amber and most if not all are cloudy or more. They are ready to come down i just want to know does it matter they are not totaly dried out or should i wait more and risk more turning amber. Answers Asap would be of great help as i intend to cut them down later on in the next 6hrs anyway. ??? @Shuggz @Kapelady @dbrn32 @bob31.

You would typically cut the bud holding stems and hang them to dry in a relatively cool, dark, and somewhat dry area. You’ll need some air movement too.

2 Likes

I like to let mine be dry before harvest, meaning I don’t water them and then cut them down. I wait 3-4 days after the last watering but that isn’t mandatory. Harvest them and hanging them to dry. You can trim them wet or dry. I rough trim them wet and then finish trim them before curing, @Mikos

There are like everything else, multiple ways to get the job done!

6 Likes

Sweet well thanks for all that info i think i know what i will do what was that timmmmberrrrrrr lol well guys i shall keep you all up dated with how i get on with my first harvest however it is also xmas and a very busy time for me so i will try my best to keep you all upto date with my harvest with pics and anything i need i know were to find you alk thanks my new found grow family. @bob31 @Shuggz @Kapelady @dbrn32 thanks to you all. GROW IN PEACE MY FRIENDS.

5 Likes

@Mikos…you’ll be fine!

1 Like

Hey friends sorry ive not been around ive been unwell and had so much to do anyways as you all may know i have my crop drying now and have done for 3/4 days now but i am concerned about how long to keep them hanging and my temp and humidity might be an issue. Temp is 20 degrees celcius give or take 2 degrees then i have 30% percent himidity give or take 4 to 5 percent. @bob31 @Shuggz @Kapelady. Thank you guys and ladys for your help and support .

2 Likes

@Mikos
Congrats on the harvest!

20 C is fine and the RH of 30% a little low, but that is what you have to work with.

Do you know how to tell when they are dry and ready for cure?

Did you weigh them up wet? There is a topic on here for wet and dry weights and harvest pics.

2 Likes

@Mikos…listen to Bob!

Thanks @bob31 i havent weighed it at all and ive started to cure the reason i didnt check the weight is my scale are missing. Anyway i will post my final weight my freinds but i will be totally honest it was and is very dissapointed with my results however it was my first ever grow so i guess i will need to see what it smokes like. Now i hope quality will make up for lack of quantity. But will have to wait and see. But i have decided on starting a new grow as soon as my other light arrives so i will have hopefully 2 x 300w led’s in my closet. I might have my tent by xmas if not it will be just after. And i have my seeds am doing purple express next and see how i do with them and if i do ok then i will get feminized seed nxt time round and i should be able to manage tht if this nxt grow works out better. Only time will tell. Thank you once again to my amazing new family. @bob31 @Shuggz @Kapelady @dbrn32.

4 Likes