Moving outdoor plants to indoor set up

Hi boys and girls, need some guidance.

The plants will have to be moved to a indoor set up.

I have 1.2x1.2x2m tent, 600w HPS, 6” filter, 6” centrifugal fan with speed control and a air cooled hood.
Temp/humidity meter, ph/ec/tds meters on the way as well.
They are in pots, not sure of the exact size but will be sufficient.
Soil is organic, currently being fed regularly nutes nix with 6-1-3 ratio and molasses every 3rd feeding.

Outside temps are around 30 - 40 degrees Celsius (86-104 F)

Plan is to use passive intake and negative pressure to contain, scrub and exhaust air out.

The tent will have to be outside the house in a covered but open air area.

I understand the issues with pests so will use need spray and garlic tea for the soil.

There will also be an oscillating fan down the bottom.

So…the 2 questions I have -

Considering the outside temps with passive intake of the ambient temperature outside air, will the plants be ok with the tent temps slightly higher than the outside?
Keeping in mind they are already outside and doing well in the temperature with direct sunlight exposure from about 8am until 3pm
Low humidity climate as well.

If this will be an issue, will it be too much stress for plants in late veg stage if I do the following -
Bring the plants into a lit up tent around 3-4pm in the afternoon and have a initial 24h light to allow me to sync up to be able to run 14/10 with light on at night and reduce the temperature that way (night temps of 17/20 C?

Hope this makes sense and appreciate any input :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can i ask why your moving inside a tent ?
Did tou start these late in the season?
I would think youd be ok in tent with passive vents thi especially if your running lights at night
I would set it uo and test run it a day or two
A good inspection of the plants to see if bugs are present my be prudent
I never bring my plants indoors if they are outside myself

2 Likes

No, I have till end of April before temps drop.
Unfortunately have to move them due to privacy concerns.

2 Likes

Got ya @genex
I think youll be ok
humidity may be a issue in a tent outdoors
You mentioned low humidity area so thats good and with proper exhaust and a fan inside to circulate some air you should be good
And you mentioned that the tent would be shaded as well

Ok, so…

Thank you all for the reply’s first.

I got the tent and all set up however after testing the temps for couple of days I realised I could only run the lights at night.

At the same time as I was testing all the plants went into preflower…

Somehow from 4 bag seeds planted, I ended up with 4 females…

Anyways since this occurred as I got/set up/rested my tent I couldn’t risk it !@#$ing up by trying to change the light cycle from day to night as they all start to flower.

So, got a greenshouse for them.

Here is what they look like now

2 Likes