Mom's Better Firecrackers

You guys are making me hungry lol
All sounds so delicious :yum: lol

1 Like

Lol munchies. Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom.

1 Like

these won’t be accepted as pills for a few more years, too many biases still, and not till big pharmaceutical companies can show a profit from it.

Opioid dependence is big news in the USA… the drug companies response? Take a pill for opioid induced constipation! :poop:
how many folks get relief from pain from eating a cookie/brownie? but still get drugs with paragraphs of harmful side effects prescribed?

1 Like

@kabongster lmao your so right feel bad Im laughing cause it’s not a funny subject but the hypocrisy is what’s funny
And I know I used to be on 30 mg of OxyContin But no more I’d rather deal with the pain !

1 Like

You’re absolutely right. I’ve been on Percocet for over ten years, maximum dose! The only way I’ve been able to go off them is with these edibles. Oh, and these will help with that opioid constipation too!

I’m amazed at how well marijuana edibles work on pain relief. I’m trying to spread the word to people like me who don’t have access to it. I HAVE to grow my own. I really have no choice because I live in a State that isn’t legal and probably won’t be for a while. So !@#$ them all! I’m not waiting any longer! I have to take my health into my own hands.

Ooh, that was a little rant – I feel better now. :blush:

8 Likes

Man tell me about it!! Been addicted for 12 years following a 4 wheeler crash went for help now I’m on subtext just trading one for another really. SOOOOO tired of being chained down
Been planning to take my vacation after I can get my first crop and stay stoned the first part of the withdraws and come off of that shit

1 Like

Oh, baby, I’m so sorry. Actually, I had no withdrawal symptoms, but I’m still in the process. I’m not going cold turkey, that can even be dangerous so don’t do it. If you step down from the opiates slowly, like within a few months, you won’t go into withdrawal. Just start to substitute the weed for one pill at a time.

4 Likes

I have to agree cold turkey no good sir
Ween your self off over a short period of time is better when your down to a couple a day the cold turkey will get you there @Nug-bug :+1:
But I can be done I did it so I know you can to bro

1 Like

narcotics are an answer to pain…I have had the flu for a week where I hurt everywhere and I like an aspirin/codeine for that BUT for a week only.
or after surgery or an accident where the pain will subside, again, after a week or so.

long term use of narcotics trades that pain relief for lots of more uncomfortable and unhealthy side effects down the road, necessary for some but over-prescribed…something I saw done all too easily a few years back by a co-worker, doctor shopping till the prescription drugs started coming in.

Honestly speaking, what is the taste of Canna-Butter? My Mother (75) wants to try it for her arthritis and as a painkiller but is concerned about the taste. She’s not keen on smoking, so this sounds perfect…

1 Like

that depends on the preparation…

I use approximately one ounce of small buds and trim…you decide how potent you want the end product. I have only made cookies and the taste was a little nutty with a hint of flavor of the mmj aroma. Using less hides the taste better. When passing them out to friends, the main complaint is they taste too good and it’s difficult to eat just one, but it’s a big mistake to eat two.

Try it. Look up “decarboxylate” for marijuana here on the forums and there’s an abundance of recipes on the internet. I always decarboxylate before making cannabutter.

3 Likes

Personally, I love the taste, so I don’t bother with straining out the bud. Honestly, it just goes so well with the Nutella because it has a mellow, nutty flavor.

However, it’s not for everyone. You can make these firecrackers and strain out all the flower gunk by using three or four layers of cheesecloth over a fine metal strainer. That will get out almost everything including the taste, and you’ll be left with a very buttery Nutella… it’s pretty tasty.

Give it a try, I’m sure your mom will love them. Just don’t make it too strong at first so she can build up a tolerance, she can always eat another cookie if she needs it. You don’t want to get her so stoned that she hates it, so make sure you’re using a good medicinal strain with high cbd, rather than high thc.

I hope that helps. :grinning:

1 Like

Hey Raustin! Sounds good mate and thank you for the info. As you said, best to give it a try and take it slow. Appreciate it!

1 Like

You’re welcome, @BlackDog, any time. Sure hope she likes it. :slight_smile:

And let me know how it goes.

1 Like

@Zero420 I would love to have your caramel recipe. When we finish this grow, I want to spend some time in the kitchen experimenting…

This recipe helped me figure out what to do with some leftover peanut budder from another recipe. Thanks!

I put 1 tbsp of peanut butter between 2 Ritz, then popped my 6 sandwiches in the freezer. I’ll try one out for breakfast.

1 Like

Zero420, thank you for the recipe. I am going go try it and bet it is delicious with a good feeling of satisfaction. I have to ask, is the greens fresh or dried to start? What about the decarb thing? I want to get my mind straight so mine turns out right rather than a flop because I was to embarrassed to ask. Thank you :herb: