Mid-tier LED for 3x3 tent

No your light is different then the ones I had. I just want something for germination to seedlings. I have a 300W LED I use for vegging and flower. But I want to keep the cycle going so I always have something growing. Your plants look very healthy. The link you posted to amazon is that the only light your using?

@Covertgrower worse case I can use the cfl setup I started out with. I was just rying to get some cheap LED’s so it wouldn’t be so bright. I was thinking of 2 of the lights I posted and each one is $3.50 but @dbrn32 is good at lighting and thought if he would be able to say if they would put out enough wattage cause although they say 28W I seriously doubt that’s the case.

No, that light was for seedling use only. My main grow light (soon to purchase another) is this one:
Morsen MAX12 Super Bright led grow Light 3600W with On Off Dimmer Switch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072BGBG8S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_J1tKzb370C7CR

There are others of different brands that I think share the same kind of LED, but I can tell you this thing is really BRIGHT!!!

Yea that light is way out of my price range. I had a hard time parting with the $80 I spent on my viparspectra. I did just buy a fan, filter, ph meter, tds meter and nutes. I have a small 2x2x4 tent I have had 3 successful grows in but only 2 with LED the first one was CFL’s. I ran out of bud and my 3rd harvest is still curing so I just don’t want a repeat of this no bud on hand to happen again. Do you think I could use one or two of those alleged 28 watts to just germinate with. I think I can time everything right so as soon as my flowering stage is harvested and hung to dry in my tent when I transfer to jars I could move my seedlings to my tent. I hope im making sense.

Yes, they don’t need much light. Just be sure to transplant them soon as they’re healthy enough to prevent stretching. Maybe a cheaper fixture with the same kind of LED’s?
HollandStar LED Grow Light Full Spectrum 1000 Watt/1200W for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower (COB-X5(1000W)) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZYB3VSZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_T6uKzbHDZRJX3
This would probably fit your grow area better anyways.

For right now I want as cheap as possible. My plans are to convert my back room to a full grow room so I will be buying bigger lights and I can use the 300W light I have for my seedlings.

That 3600w light you posted is really only 545w. Just so you know! Not saying it’s a bad deal, just saying lol

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

@BudBuddy those would probably work fine. If you run the cfls at 6500k it would probably keep them a little shorter. Either way I think you’ll be fine.

Thanks man I think I am just going to go with cfl’s from my old setup. I can run 2 Theyre actual 23w lights so I figure 2 should do and I have a small under table germination area that I use to grow in so I should be fine for a bit.

1 Like

I agree, should be fine.

@dbrn32 starting my setup today and thought i’d share the progress. I’ll go more in depth in my journal later but here’s the roughed out frame. Havne’t done any wiring or mounted the heatsinks/drivers but starting to make progress.

4 Likes

@middlecoast - I’m going to be doing something very similar to what your doing. I’m waiting on shipping right now.
What dimension of angle iron (aluminum) did you go with? I’m going to use 1"x1"x1/8".

1 Like

I went with 1/2" aluminum angle from home depot. Was like 6 bucks for 8 ft. Its a bit flimsy so may consider a cross brace for some more support at some point

1 Like

Looking good so far @middlecoast!

@HappyCamper the 1"x1"x.125 is a good choice! Smaller than 1x1 leaves very little room for laying out hardware, and the .125 wall thickness is the right balance of weight/rigidity. I think you’ll be pretty happy with your choice.

1 Like

Did you get wago connectors for your electrical terminations?

@dbrn32 - I checked out the wago connectors online. Very nice. I’m pretty sure the kits from Timber come with some type of male/female connectors. Just plug and play.

1 Like

I’m just soldering and heat shrinking the cables.

1 Like

That works fine. How long til the lights in action?

I’ll be finishing them today. Had some buddies come over for tent setup and we partook in some of my abv edibles. Didn’t think it would be smart to do electrical work after.

Totally agree with u on the bigger aluminum. Went with the cheapest sections they had instead of dimensions. Oh well, a cross bar will be more than enough and I can accommodate that later.

1 Like

I agree for sure. You can make just about anything work with enough stoner ingenuity lol. It’s just my opinion that the thicker wall and slightly larger size are a little easier to get where you need to be.

1 Like