Menojuana (aka: A middle aged woman’s attempt at a better quality life grow)

No problem. We are both learning and this is a great place for help. I’m sure one of the more experienced growers will know for sure :slightly_smiling_face:
PS I carry a small flashlight with me all the time. It’s amazing how often I’ve found remotes and keys with it :joy:

1 Like

@rodri59 I have a leaf like that, but my grow is located inside and I’m pretty sure there’s nothing eating them. I chalked it up as a random growth. Hope yours ends up being the same.

1 Like

Thanks @Covertgrower we are keeping fingers crossed that it was some sort of damage that we might have inadvertently done to her as @Countryboyjvd1971 suggested.

I did do as @SmoknGranny suggested and took my flashlight to them and found nothing. I also made up a solution of neem oil, water and detergent and sprayed all of them and the soil down good so if there IS anyone living in there, they don’t stand a chance :slight_smile: We did have a couple of soil gnats that were irritating me so hopefully the neem will eradicate them…:bug: :hotsprings:

1 Like

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: and hoping for the best :blush: You’ve put your heart into this

2 Likes

@rodri59 here’s my random leaf group I was referring to. Hope your soap was a good preventative. A friend of mine is battling spider mites. Something I don’t wish on anyone!

1 Like

Oh wow @Covertgrower, will you look at that! Sort of does look like what is going on with mine! Awesome, thanks for sharing, you guys are the best. Gives me hope! I would rather have deformed leaves than deal with spider mites…or really any other pest for that matter. I have had spider mites on some indoor general plants and OMG what a mess to try to eradicate!! I feel for your friend…

4 Likes

@rodri59 I may be a first time grower, but I enjoy helping and sharing every chance I get with this stuff. Especially if it’s something I know I can share for the best. I hope I become a more productive member of this forum eventually. Always learning something!

4 Likes

Bary was brutally attacked this afternoon (6 little dogs under suspicion) and all but one small leaf eaten. Repotted yesterday then pillaged today…but not giving up on her yet😊

Oh No!?! Poor Bary!! Those dogs might end up feeling a little weird tonight lol. I am sorry. Damn. Hope you can save her! Good luck!

1 Like

DOGGO topping NOT recommended :frowning:

1 Like

Awwwwwwww poor Bary :cry: doggos will be doggos…I hope she pulls through, make sure and whisper sweet things to her make her feel better. She is probably very traumatized :frowning:

1 Like

Well, after a little bit of wilt last night - I suspect it might have been caused by the neem solution I sprayed on them - they greeted me very happily in their new (old )home. The temps are still frustrating me. Last night the sensor ping a few times at 83 degrees. This is too high for my liking, maybe I am being too picky, but they seem to do much better and look happier when temps max out at 80 degrees.

So I went down stairs after I slammed my coffee and rearranged things a bit. I put the small oscillating fan on the floor pointing up at them and lo and behold I am now getting temps of 79! the floor area defo is cooler being cement and just the physics of cool air falling and hot air rising, well, it makes sense. So the fan is now moving around the cooler air near the floor. This makes me happy. I find in my old age, its the little things that make me happiest :smile::sunflower:

So here are the girls today at 28 and 35 days. Funny thing is we can’t tell much of a difference now between the older 2 and their younger siblings. So we are going to veg a few more weeks, reevaluate things and maybe throw them into flower. We are also likely going to start (very slowly and very lightly) adding nutes at todays watering :fearful: I don’t know why I am so apprehensive about nutrients, guess I am afraid of nute burn. Oh well, this is a learning experience, right?

Everyone have a GREAT day!

4 Likes

Awwww they are looking beautiful. Agree about the little things​:+1: I totally understand about adding the nutrients…too little … too much … what kind and when … but like you said, it’s a learning experience :blush: And learning when to follow your gut and common sense. Good call on moving the fan

1 Like

If you haven’t already, download the feeding chart for the nutrients you are using. Don’t be afraid to use them. Just follow the instructions and document what you do so if something goes spectacularly wrong (or right!) you can repeat or avoid it as needed.

Your plants look really good and now is the time to do any LST or supercropping (my favorite).

1 Like

Thanks @SmoknGranny :slight_smile: I actually debated whether I should post a picture since you had your little Bary go through her trauma this weekend…I didn’t want you to feel bad or anything. :frowning:

Thanks for the encouragement @Myfriendis410… you are right, just document and learn. We have actually topped or fimmed all of them once. Will likely do it again (opposite of what we did to each plant) and then I think that is going to be it for LST or HST. Super cropping might be on the table for the next grow. We just want to make sure we get these to harvest before we get too chuffed with ourselves lol.

Sounds like you have experience with super cropping? mind telling me more about it? When you have time, of course…no rush.

It’s preferentially damaging a section of branch by rolling and pinching between the fingers, allowing the branch to lay more horizontally and exposing that branch to light. This damage will repair itself stronger than ever and improve transport of fluids into that branch; which in turn increases yields dramatically. This is a great way to open the plant up to more light, increase bud sites, improve air flow, reduce the risk of mold, maximize the grow space etc.

You can see the healed knuckle on my Sour Diesel and how beefy it is. Lower right front branch.

1 Like

Oh wow, awesome thanks for explaining and the picture. hum gives me things to think about…

Oh heck no :blush: I’m excited for you. Bary is an experiment and I still have 3 seeds left. I’m thrilled for you and everyone with your successes. Besides my outdoor fem Widows are doing great and two of the clones are flourishing :leaves::leaves::leaves:

2 Likes

@SmoknGranny :sigh: so pretty. I love the shade of green these plants produce. LOL its likely not any different than any other living plant, but I just love to look at MJ. OH! almost forgot to mention in my post today, the girls are really getting smelly. Its amazing!

1 Like