Menojuana (aka: A middle aged woman’s attempt at a better quality life grow)

the alternate vivant has a “concentrate pad” for use of waxes. I would not put oil in it, it is designed for loose leaf

i have not tried the concentrate pad. i have a cheap go.pen for oil on the rare occasion that i get some

@mulch, thanks for the endorsement! I’m waiting for it to arrive so will have to report on it in a few days. What temp do you set yours at? 450?

We are smoking bud. It’s pretty much strong enough so I don’t need concentrates but my physician recommends vaping. I already vape myself but was disappointed in the vape oil so this sounds like the ticket.

it maxes at 428, and that is what i use

3 things.

#1 i hope you bought it from an authorized reseller because the first generation of caps had a defect and would crack. it is under warranty but you can only claim the new cap from the authorized retailer you bought it from. Thats only if you end up with a model with the 1st gen cap. You can order a new cap from vivant for about $15 if you didnt buy it from an authorized reseller and end up needing a cap

#2 make sure to update the firmware. It is easy, but without it, you can only have it on for 1 minute which is not enough time, especially since a good stir always helps because surface area is your main goal with vaping

#3 treat the little poker like gold. it is perfectly useful. however, there is no replacement for sale. and its easy to lose. so ingrain in yourself never putting it away until you are sure the poker in in there, and it doesnt bend, it breaks. treat it well

tag me with your review!

1 Like

Excellent, thanks I will! We’ll find out if it’s easier on the lungs than the bong. …

@FreakyDeekie @mulch Thought you might could use this. I keep float my temps anywhere from 350 to 390 depending on my mood and what I want out of it…

3 Likes

Thanks @rodri59. That makes it pretty clear :purple_heart:

1 Like

you can always make your own oil! Very easy to do!

1 Like

no a real fan. i like the terps in flower and there seems to be a component missing from the high for me

also, i am not a fan of butane explosions, so there is that, too

:yawn: :stretch: :drink coffee: :repeat: :engagebrain: :processing…processing…: Do you know that out of all those tags only ONE has an actual emoticon for it?!? I think that is a crime.

Anyway…

I have some things to discuss today and the major one of those things has absolutely NADA to do with growing weed :confounded:

So first things first…here are the shiny, smiling faces I was greated with this AM:

Now, look closely at Chocolope at the bottom ur left of the picture.see the curling leaves? that was for you @bob31 . I just don’t know what to do with this girl :confused: Other than a couple of lower leaves curling under, she seems fine?

So there you go. 2nd issue of the day…now this is completely unrelated to growing so bare with me and moms and dads I welcome any thoughts coming from a parents perspective.

I have 3 adult children. eldest is a boy, younger 2 are girls. My son and youngest daughter currently live with us. They rent different areas of the house (we have a large house so many times we don’t even see each other for days lol…good when you are dealing with boomerang kids) but this is not about those two, this IS about my middle daughter…

She is my free-spirit. She goes with the wind. She should have grown up in the 60’s. She is my hippy, flowerchild, moonchild and she lives up to all these titles in spades. She is also the most open, accepting, caring and loving child a mother could want. She just went through a divorce; not a bad thing, I honestly disliked her husband to a point I have never disliked someone in my long life. He was a controlling, immature, idiot and I am being nice. I also think there was some abuse at the very least emotional, but likely physical. She lives in Arizona, I am in Georgia.

So when I heard they were splitting, well I never like to see a marriage end, but this was welcome news. She has (had) a good job in AZ. She assured me she would be fine and if she needed anything she would let me know. She seemed very happy and was at peace with her decision. This occurred over the spring. “Oh and by-the-way mom, I am sorta kinda dating someone I work with”. "<!?> Okay wayward, free spirit daughter, just give yourself time to find who you are, you were married to someone who took away your identity for 12 years, its going to take a while to “find yourself”

Fast forward to last night. 2am, I am couch-locked and I get a text from free-spirit daughter; “Mom, what would you say if I wanted to move me and my boyfriend to Georgia by December? I just quit my job…” (ok so casual dating guy has just turned into boyfriend guy who, incidentally, by way of other daughter have found out this guy is at the tender age of 20)

I am like WTW?! you did what and you want to do what??? A little back story, when she first told me they were divorcing I told her she should consider relocating to Ga so we can support her. Her response: OMG Mother, I HATE GA. There is nothing for me there in GA. I have a good job here, why would I want to move?!?!

So now, she and bf want to move here, likely live with us at least for a time til they find jobs. She is not my issue with moving here and living with us. HE IS. I do not know this boy from Adam. She claims he is a great guy, sweet, nice, all the things ex hubby was not (and trust me that is A LOT of things lol) I have never met him and likely will not have the opportunity to do so before they move here (We have a couple of other trips planned including an extended one to Australia in Sept) She is the kind who takes ANY criticism (constructive or not) as a personal attack so I have to word things VERY carefully.

So anyway, just typing all that out helped. No need to answer if you don’t want.

Have a great day!!!

7 Likes

I think your plant is ok. She looks good just a bit curly. Just think of her as a reclusive personality. lol. As far as the life advice, sounds like you’re doing fine, she’ll sort it out. Lol.

3 Likes

Plants look great! No advice. I never had daughters and don’t seem to relate well to girls, 3 sons, 4 gransons, and 1 granddaughter. Bwahahaha… I moved away once my kids were adults and didn’t give them a forwarding address so they could no longer boomerang back home. :rofl:

4 Likes

HAHA! Freaky your advice is wise, but too late in my case …

2 Likes

I guess you have to boil it down to: do you want her there under those circumstances and what amount of money per month would it be worth to you to not have mystery 20 y.o. b.f. wedged into your butt crack for who knows how long lol? Maybe subsidizing an apartment in town would do the trick?

3 Likes

@mulch You don’t need to use butane bro. All you do is heat press the bud and add it to whichever thinner you choose. I use 100% organic VG or MCT.

We have a pretty great thread going. Here’s the link.

2 Likes

oh, that isnt wax

its rosin if using cured bud, live resin if using fresh frozen bud

both preserve terps, so yeah, those are good

wax is a gas extraction

Which is what I’m preparing to do making some shatter

3 Likes

3 Likes

outside i hope

1 Like

Now this looks interesting :thought_balloon: