Menojuana (aka: A middle aged woman’s attempt at a better quality life grow)

Honestly imo the inhalers have helped keep my lungs from deteriorating fast. Sounds like you have some cardio issues too. Lungs and heart work hand in hand do whatever you can to keep both in as good health as possible. Gotta try to eat right my cardiologist just told me he wants me to have no salt. My wife made a shrimp stir fry with no salt and white rice. I snuck a lil low sodium soy sauce on mine. A week later I told her she said yea I didn’t like it but didn’t want to discourage you from eating right and she died laughing when I told her I snuck soy sauce on mine.

1 Like

Sorry don’t want to hijack your thread

2 Likes

Yeah I do have heart issues, which is why I retired from nursing at 60. Stress induced heart attack and had to have stents put in but I don’t really have any issues any more with that, with controlling diet and medication, but they keep me on medication to keep my heart rate and BP so low to prevent arterial spasms that I have little tolerance for exercise because my heart cannot beat fast enough to haul the oxygen to the muscles. It’s a catch 22 definitely and turns into a vicious cycle

Are you on coreg and benanzepril?

Nope lisinopril, metoprolol, furosemide, and HCTZ plus some other meds for other stuff. Too many meds!

Im on a couple of those and several others.

No need to apologize @BudBuddy…this is a place for all of us to hang out. Besides, I think I have read every bloody thread on this site so I need something new to read :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Me too girlfriend and it suckers me in to old threads because I forgot to read the dates.

3 Likes

LOL THIS! I don’t know about you Freaky, but I need to get a life…:nail_care:t3::skull:

1 Like

Hey @FreakyDeekie or anyone else who wants to weigh in…talk to me about TDS meters. What exactly does it measure? how do they work? etc etc… if you don’t mind…something specific I should look for when buying one?

I’m still working a couple of hours a day in private care, working for myself, but then I just veg

Outta likes, I just poured through Amazon until I found one reasonably priced that had a lot of 5 star reviews. Basically my understanding is that it measures total dissolved solids in your water, ionized particles like CA, FL, NA, etc, which all carry an electrical charge .and so the electroconductivity of the fluid for a certain volume at a certain temperature can tell you the TDS, not specifically what is in there but that there is something in there. Like hard water has lots of ppm of dissolved solids. I don’t know that I explained it very well though. I sure there are about a zillion people on here who could explain it better or more accurately. So, for example if you adjust your pH of your water and plant nutrition and measure it before and after, the numbers should be close for pH and if you get out way more TDS in parts per million ( ppm) out than what you put in then your plant isn’t utilizing its food right

1 Like

okay makes sense thanks!

I paid $2.49 for my TDS meter and it should arrive anytime now from September 1st to October 13th. LMAO gotta love ebay.

1 Like

HAHA OMG. Hubby did that with Amazon. He ordered PH buffer for me. we should get it before the end of the year - fingers crossed. Doesn’t help it is coming from China! From now on I do the shopping…

Sad part is I can order the same item from someone in the USA and get it in a few days but I have to pay 4 times the price.

I loved Camel non filters…

Cloning. @rodri59, I’ve done several with good success using soil and rooting powder. One thing I’ve noticed is that generally clones are less vigorous than seedlings, so you should factor that in. As @bob31 said, you can take cuttings any time but during veg is obviously the easiest. They REALLY like high humidity while rooting.

1 Like

you can do it on the cheap AND get a time lapse out of it

1 Like

@mulch @Myfriendis410 awesome you guys! Thanks for the input! I am going to be watching the vid as soon as I pour enough coffee into my brain the string a couple of thoughts together! :coffee::crazy_face:

3 Likes

you are going to love the vivant alternate. it changed my world

1 Like