Menojuana (aka: A middle aged woman’s attempt at a better quality life grow)

Yep. I’m hoping being outside will strengthen her ballerina body before transplant. She’s back being protected by Mr. Elephant Ears after her photo shoot :blush:

1 Like

She’s so perky!! A couple of mine were leggy like that, kind of like the Rockettes, so I used fondue forks to keep them upright and then buried the stem good when I transplanted.

2 Likes

Hey Freaky, how deep did you bury the stem? The 2nd group need to be buried and I read somewhere (not on this forum I don’t think - old age - can’t remember) to bury up to the cotelydons.

1 Like

I buried it about 1/3 inch below the cotyledons @rodri

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks Freaky

2 Likes

Yep. That’s sorta like tomato plants I think. Damn, there I go thinking again. Get in more trouble that way :joy::innocent:

1 Like

OMG. Does anyone else feel waaaaaayyyyy to invested in their grow? I mean this is ridiculous! LOL. I think I need another dog or something to worry about.

Yesterday noticed one of the younger group (chocolope) was wilting and leaves were curling under. Of course the first think we did was check the obvious; needed some water. Watered. Waited. Nada.

Last night we moved her a bit further from the light thinking heat stress (we had recently moved them a couple of inches closer to the light). Then I had to go to bed.

…and that was the worst night of sleep I have had since my kids were teenagers out with their friends for the first time! Ugh. This growing stuff can get emotional…

Have a great Sunday all…I think I am due for a nap.

Rodri

5 Likes

Kinda crazy isn’t it? Those two bag seed plants I have are my problem children. They are a much darker green that the ILGM seeds and their leaves always droop, no matter what, their leaves are also much larger for the most part, than the IGLM plants. My guess would be a close to pure indica strain? That kind of surprises me because the high from it definitely wasn’t couch lock, but pleasantly mellow, but bestowing on me the ability to get things done while under the influence. I worry about them because I have lost a lot of lower leaves, the leaves have a weird texture, and they almost appear poofy between the veins of the plants. They haven’t flowered yet because I have got to get those LEDs up today and then we will go to 12/12 tonight hopefully, if the temps in the tent stay under control once the tent is closed up. I have been amazingly calm throughout this grow but now that so much time and money have been invested in it I feel like I am sending my kids off to school for the first time, and starting to worry more and more. I hope you get some rest @rodri59

2 Likes

Good morning @rodri59 @FreakyDeekie All you can do is the best you can do! Your 2-legged kids did fine after all. Over the years we all have gone overboard on something with time and money. This is just another expensive hobby…although much more gratifying in some aspects :blush: So get some rest, chill and have a cup of butter coffee :coffee:.
PS Lit’l Bary may have to spend the night inside if we get storms. I don’t want her tutu getting blown off :rofl:

3 Likes

I just read and re read some other posts and topics. I see a lot of stress, money & time with indoor growing so you’re not alone. I’m kinda glad my mentor is an old hippie and nursery woman with a Zen and common sense approach. Our white widows are doing great, the purple kush not as well on same water and nutrients. It’s all a learning curve if you look at it from that perspective. :blush:

3 Likes

I’m having fun and not losing any sleep but I’ve always been a worrier, and I am pretty sure that leopards cannot change their spots after 65 years, LOL. Not freaking out, in spite of my name either, bwahahaha but this grow has been pretty easy with few issues and so now my brain thinks that maybe the universe is dangling the carrot in front of me only to rip it away. pH’s are good, lights seem adequate and yet losing some leaves on those bag seeds ones and the weird coloration and texture of their leaves have me borrowing trouble. I am just breathing in, breathing out trying to chill. Please bring Bary in, we sure don’t want to see her swaying to 50 mph winds and losing her skirt!!

1 Like

LOL :joy: yep ya gotta keep breathing!!! I’m going on 64 & my grow partner is going on 68. Where I worry she is Zen & vice versa. It’s taken us 3 WW grows to get it right! I’m the experimental one and always asking about building a better mousetrap :grin: Right now Bary is getting a gentle shower but my ears are alert for thunder, lightning & :dash:

2 Likes

The girls are settling into their new homes…and Chocolope seems to be the more temperamental of the group. Every time I put her an inch or two closer to the light, her leaves begin to curl under…ugh. Can’t see it here, I took this picture immediately after I transplanted them. I woke up this morning and her leaves are curling under a little bit.

Hope everyones week is off to a good start…:coffee:

6 Likes

LOL, there always has to be one prima donna in the crowd, doesn’t there. Chocolope must be yours :purple_heart: They are looking good though @rodri59 You are giving them plenty of love and affection so how can they fail? Hey I got my vaper the other day and finally got to mess with it a bit this morning. I got a V2 Pro 7 that does dry, e-liquid, and wax. Doubt I will ever make wax as it seems like a dangerous proposition. I also got my new LEDs up last night and they seem to be working well. Tent temp closed up only went up to 81 with the lights on. WOOT WOOT, now I can only hope are enough for coverage. They are 600 watts each, 270 actual watts for a total of 540 watts instead of the 600 I had with the MH/HPS. I guess only time will tell. I don’t like the cheesy hangers these lights come with so trying to figure out what I can do to make it better. I worry about the strength of the hangers. It’s always something, isn’t it?

3 Likes

LOL cheesy hangers. You gotta get a picture of them so I can see just what “cheesy” means in this instance.

WOOT on getting your lights up! Let me know how they do. I am not impressed with the MH lights we are using and if we continue to do this, we might try LED’s and CFL’s exclusively. The heat the MH gives off is ridiculous. Although, if we want to do any growing in the winter, it might be a good thing…definitely not for summer though. And to be honest, the girls are under the full 100% 400 watt MH lights and they are not growing any faster or better than when they were under the lights at 50%. Soooo.

V2 Pro7. I am going to have to look that one up. I love my vape, but it is getting on in years and might have to invest in another in the not so distant future I might look into that one. Is is a portable?

yup, always sumpin :crazy_face:

2 Likes

My original light was a MH/HPS light but the MH bulb burned out after like 8 hours, something like that anyway so I put in the HPS which I think might be slightly cooler than the MH, not really sure about that! though. Anyway, I pretty much stayed at 84 in the tent with the two side windows open 75 % and the door open about 50 % but the minute I closed up the tent it shot right up to 91-94. When I saw cheesy light hangers I truly mean it. there is a center clampy thing with 4 chains coming off so they hang in a center pivot with there being 4 small hooks at each corner of the top of the rectangular fixture. I need to drop the light that is over my 2 WW because they are so much shorter. The lights want to move in the tent from the fans and seem to get cocked off center. I am afraid they might fall. This is my new Vape. I think I thought it might be a bit smaller but it’s not bad. They were running about $130-$150 from the company and I got it on Ebay from an authorized seller for $79.98 with free shipping

3 Likes

HAH Love your background in that picture (ILGM Forum) lol.

That vape looks super cute! Let me know how you like it after you have used it. Reminds me a tiny bit of mine and I like the way mine feels and vapes.

1 Like

@FreakyDeekie, I would be interested in a report on your vape as well.

You might want to replace the mh bulb because it is really more appropriate for veg and the hps is a bit more red for flower. You’ll just have to increase your air flow to vent excess heat.

2 Likes

I’m in flower already @Myfriendis410, well 4 are anyway, the 2 WW Auto and the 2 Gold Leaf. The other 2, freaky looking bag seed that must be heavy indica are preflower. They seem to have done OK in veg with the HPS. I got the MH replaced by the seller but since my plants seemed to be doing so well on the HPS I decided not to switch the bulbs out mid-stream. If I ever have another grow I will definitely use the MH bulb for veg though. It’s just that by the time I communicated with the seller and then they sent me the bulb the plants had already been under the HPS for 3+ weeks so I didn’t want to press my luck. All I have to smoke until harvest is 2 teeny buds leftover from last year that have been stored in a cool dark film canister and I am saving them for a concert on Sunday night so not sure they will be a good test. I put some dried leaf from my plants and I do get buzz off of them, as for the taste? A bit green but not bad and definitely not harsh

2 Likes

Bummer freakie… I am similar in that I only have MAYBE an 1/8 oz for my use until/if these girls reach flower etc. And the quality is…well…below par. I am going to be going without some sleep in the near future.

What concert are you gonna see?

1 Like