Menojuana (aka: A middle aged woman’s attempt at a better quality life grow)

@FreakyDeekie I admire you and your previous life. I wanted to be a nurse at one point. When I left college with my degree they told me I was a teacher or something. They told me I was a teacher, but the quality of child I put out into the world would indicate otherwise.

OMG Canned veg with stems are the WORST! Hubby brings that shite home and I feed it to the dogs. Latest foible from him: he brings home ONE F*CKING PLY toilet paper!!! I filed divorce papers on him for that. I was going to with withhold nookie from him, but he already doesn’t get it for some previous thing that I can’t even remember, so divorce was my only choice.

:cow: so put that in your cow and smoke it! Look forward to getting to know you
Rodri

3 Likes

Wow that’s me totally. 57 and lots of stuff going on. Haven’t used weed since 1976 when I was 16 but I’m ready to try for new issues. Got med Marijuana license in my state, but the products are expensive and they don’t allow you to buy marijuana. It’s in oil, Vapes, or edible form. And has to be from a docs recommendation. So, I’m growing my own.
Wish you luck with this. Quite a set up you’ve got there! Sweet.

4 Likes

@Lindababy you are on about the same timeline as I am. Used last in 79. And the weed from then compared to now! OMG. Saw a great video from Louis CK (the comedian) about what it is like now vs then. He is right on.

Good luck on your grow as well!! If you have a journal would love to read it. But it has to have lots of pictures…I only read journals for the pictures :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Rodri

3 Likes

Hey @rodri59 I sure wish we had the vision and the muscle to try to grow indoors! Seems time and money consuming as well. I like the fact that once you buy the expensive stuff you don’t have to buy it again! My Spouse is 66 and I’m 50so yes were are all here trying our hand at our own medicine! Continued good luck!

P/S my girls were donated to me or should I say we adopted them! I have three beautiful bushy girls wanting to be harvested! How blessed are we? Check out my thread. Not journaling though I I should since I have two clones as well.

Happy growing, Oldskolpaperchick

4 Likes

Hi @Oleskolpaperchick thanks for checking out my journal. Amazing how a little bit of what is considered illegal activity in most of the US states and other countries around the world inspires so much help and brother hood.

We are definitely blessed :heart:

I will check out your thread this evening…

For all who are wondering, here is a the latest picture. All 7 seem happy. You can see that 5 of them are really stretching. I swear they did that in a matter of about 8 hours lol. So we have them under the MH at 75% about 18 inches now. I am still waiting on Gold Leaf to see if she makes an appearance…keep your fingers crossed for me! and thanks for all the help and encouragement you guys are the best.

Oh darn…mislabeled one… the Northern lights written in yellow should be Northern lights 1. She was one of the two survivors from the fledging attempt along with Purple haze 2 next to her :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@rodri59 I have had 100% germination of all my ILGM Seeds so I am not sure what to tell you, except that if all the GL seeds are failing and all the other seeds are not failing then is probably an issue with that batch of seeds. But I will tell you that you are the first person I have heard with germination issues on the GL which makes me pretty confident to say that you should contact the support@ folks (by replying to your order email) and telling them you’d like replacement seeds.

I confess, I read every word of your posts and I think you are going to fit in well here! You and your hubby and your son sound like good salt of the earth folks who realized that the best Cannabis for medicine is grown at home where you know every sip of water they took, every spot of light they got and what soil and nutrients they received!

FFOF was a little too hot for me on my last grow. I switched to FF Happy Frog this grow and so far the results have been spot on! I’m very happy with the switch!

Happy growing and Welcome again to ILGM! Come and check out the garden and say hello

http://ilgmforum.com/t/thoughts-from-the-morning-garden/8897/

5 Likes

@rodri59 What a talented writer you are. I admit too I read every word and laughed out loud. I am following along and can’t wait to see you have your first successful grow. Poke around the site and you will see and read some amazing successes. Be warned though…this forum is as addictive as growing MJ.~AB

5 Likes

Well Done @AnneBonny

6 Likes

@rodri59, yeah I’m amazed at how scientific, and high bred, even sophisticated it’s become. But I can’t buy from the streets, wouldn’t know how and there is too much chance to get something bad like spice or Crack mixed into it. That’s not my style.

1 Like

Long day here but hopefully phone is fixed. I’ll research tomorrow re: emails :blush:

1 Like

I am gonna tear my hair out over this little Gold Leaf seed! grrrr :anger: :scream_cat: :seedling:

I just dropped a Gold Leaf fem in coir about 10 minutes ago. My Jack Herer needed company lol. I haven’t brought one to harvest yet, but it’s a vigorous healthy plant. I have one that is going to be flipped in about 2 weeks when it’s around 30" high.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 I am beyond “frusterated” with this little one. I am hoping she is just a slow grower. Did you find that to be the case with yours? And do you find Coir a good medium?

Rodri

1 Like

LOL, I didn’t think there was any way to send personal messages but when I went to reply to you I got this message in a pop up" Consider replying to more people
You’ve already replied 3 times to @rodri59 in this particular topic.
Have you considered replying to other people in the discussion, too? A great discussion involves many voices and perspectives.
If you’d like to continue your conversation with this particular user at length, send them a personal message." So I am seeing how this private message thing works Testing 1,2,3

1 Like

Ok, I was just testing something and wondered how this was working. I went to reply to @rodri59 and I got a message from ILGM saying if I wanted to continue talking to Rodri59 that I should send her a personal message so I clicked the highlighted area which said Send Personal Message or something like that and just typed that I was experimenting and copied the text of the pop up and it showed up on her topic. How is that a personal message, or…can only she and I see it? I went through the tutorial when I registered for the forums but I don’t remember this coming up. Anyone, Anyone, Bueller "Anyone, anyone" teacher from Ferris Bueller's Day Off - YouTube

2 Likes

According to what I’ve found so far here exchange of emails between members is prohibited.

3 Likes

That is what I thought too, and had read in the rules and on others’ posts so just not sure what that pop up thing was about. Is it maybe something that sends to them only in a boundaried notice through their email, kind of like Ebay does through their servers? Maybe @latewood or another ILGM can clarify what that message was about?

1 Like

Hmmm… at the very least maybe a Forum Topic for all of us oldies but goodies getting back in the game :blush:

3 Likes

ROFL…damn stalkers.

ARGHHHH, seeing spouse having his:cow2::cow2::cow2::cow2::cow2::cow2::cow2::cow2::cow2::cow2::cow2::cow2::cow2::cow2::cow2: