McLovin's lovin his first grow

Your probably having issues with water temps because your running that pump to much…
Now that I showed you what you need to do to inprove what you already have… you really only need to run that pump for an hour every 3 to 4 hours to recirculat your water and that’s it…
Those lines that used to be your recirculating lines are now just lines to bring the water back to your main res… and that’s the res that should have 3 two liter bottles in it minimum to keep things cool… :wink:
Unless you have major heat issues , that should be more then adequate… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ahh peachy. I so hope this sorts my heat stuff out. Haven’t been running the pump just the air pump for the aits, 2 small leds and a large led on half power. My timing sucks as the days are getting hotter and I’m getting closer to flipping to flower lol might see summer through and have a utterly huge 3/4 pound harvest… If I let them veg long enough

3 or 4 pound not 3/4 :wink: gotta be ambitious!

4 Likes

Do what i do if you aren’t already, make there day time your night time. So when lights are out it’s hot out side n light on it’s cool outside. Or run a small room ac in that room. I also have to do that on the hot hot days…

2 Likes

How big is the main res also? If it’s decent sized you could probably freeze some of the Poland springs 1 gal jugs which would unfreeze alot slower than those lil water bottles. Last summer I froze one of those to take camping n put it in a cooler n it was still solid after the 7 hr trip, n also half frozen in to the next day. I took it out after that to unfreeze though to rehydrate after a night of heavy drinking that ended in a bit of a brown/black out lol.

1 Like

The A.C. is a good idea, bot strapped for cash at the minute and I need new lights though and a sulfur burner… decisions decisions.
The res is the same as the buckets 21L so could do a gallon jug I guess, going to connect the pump so hopefully it recirculates now, that should drop root temps alone I’d presume?

1 Like

Peach it worked! It actually worked!!! Wont believe what i did though… only went and turnwd the pump on with all 10 water lines NOT IN THE BUCKETS! had them pointing up through the bucket handle… 10 fountains in my grow room! Awesome fun to mop up. Now the only problem I have is the pump kicks out water faster than it’s brought back, so the res empties and the pump garggles like you do with mouthwash. Anyway, it’s working so that’s utterly amazing. I’m thinking of putting it on a timer to run for 5 mins every hour in the day time and not running at all during the night, that way it will only garggle for a few mins per day. Other option is get a weaker pump… which I’ll get on now as their only a 5er give or take. Anyway @peachfuzz thanks dude

1 Like

Probably I don’t have a rdwc system

Few snaparooneys after some monster cropping,
100s of leaves taken off and some decent size improvement. Can hardly see the bucket on the smaller ones and the big ones are just dominating.

7 Likes

Just make sure thar your not running the water through your plants roots… you just want to run the water down the side of the bucket… preferably inside…:grin:
Ya I forgot to tell you that the pump that you already have might be to strong…:thinking::wink:
I use the second one up from the smallest and cheapest one that they sell at Lowe’s , it’s like goldilocks and the three bears , it’s just the right size…:grin:
I’m glad that you were able to get things up and running before going into flower… I see great success in your future my fellow cultivator… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Hey McLovin, I’m lovin it again! It’s so hard to follow everyone sometimes but I eventually make it back. I’m just letting my girls grow in veg for now, they’re lookin good. Have inline fan and carbon filter that I can’t set up cause too hard, and questions about vents. Your tent is great!! Your buds were colorful and beautiful too! You’re doin good McLovin. Our weather sucks too, memorial weekend washout!!! :-1: Except for Saturday :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Girls looking great, really tempted to flick that flower switch… but may wait til mid June for 3 month veg. How much would you guys guess is yield? They are meant to be a v v high yielder near super silver haze ect

8 Likes

OMG McLovin!!! Those girls are gorgeous. I can only imagine that my plants will grow and look like that. Hope it smokes as good as it looks. You’re really doing great for your first grow, you must have a green thumb. Well done and hope my girls are ok. I took pics but they came out sideways, in my journal, wthell can’t seem to take a good pic on this site, probably me, I’ll get it eventually :grimacing:

2 Likes

Dey gon’ be huge!

2 Likes

They look like they are ready to flower

1 Like

That’s what I’m thinking max… its just about to hit summer though, which means temps will be an absolute ass. Already going to get that chill stuff for 83 F, reckon it’s time? I may do a poll to get more opinions

8 Likes

I love that kinda tawk :laughing::herb:

1 Like

You really are a character Bonnie :smiley: glad you signed up.

1 Like

I’m glad I signed up too! The humidity here is already a complete ass :grimacing: and garage is big, but hot in summer, cold in winter. A lot of days are perfect though. I need to know about chill stuff and I’ll be following along McLovin cause I think you’re a character too and you growin some badass girls, really sittin pretty. haha!! Really lookin good. One of my girls has black on edge of leaf, tryin to figure out now what to do with that…:thinking:

1 Like