McLovin's lovin his first grow

Ahhhh now that is something i would not have thought of. I havent changed the water for 2 weeks! Seems ok… but il do it tomrorrow anyway, and then try to keep it weekly.
Problem is some of the plants are a good 2 weeks behind and havent got roots in the water, so i need to wait a bit til they all have good roots? Then bring the water level down do you think?

The water level even with not having roots should be about 1/4 inch below it then when they start gettin roots move it down till it’s about 1 inch or 1 1/2 inch below the bottom of the net pot. I use exactly 3 gallons in a 5 gallon and it’s almost spot on. A 5 gallon bucket will only need about 3 gallons of water once you get goin, I believe

1 Like

If there’s only a couple that are trying to catch up and get roots into the water , I would take a turkey baster or syringe and water once a day from the top until roots make it to the water rather then drowning the majority of your ladies… once they damp off there’s usually no coming back… it happens very quickly…
I would lower water level to one inch below net cup and water the stragglers from up top once a day until roots catch up… if it were me… :wink:
@Hawkeye_diesel is right about 3 gallons of water in a 5 gallon container using a 6 inch net basket… not sure what size your using… that’s why I said 1 inch below net cup… no matter if it’s 3 , 6 or 10 inch net basket you still always want that 1 inch air gap in between the water and the basket… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Tomorrow is the day my friends, il empty err out and fill it up just to the bottom of the net pot, its actually an inch higher at the moment… because some where transplanted from soil and already had leaves ect i had to put the rockeool close to the top.
Thanks for your inputs, probably saved my crop today.

1 Like

Sure hope the 5that are behind catch up! Bloody long morning, my hose wouldnt run the water out so had to do it painstaikingly slowly. Got a syphoning pump on the way so it should be easier next time! God damn i cant wait to set a whole room up… id do everything so very differently

1 Like

Hey @McLovin777, I got at home Depot a wet/dry vac that snaps on top of 5gal bucket . Couldn’t live without it now. Use it to remove nute solution from dwc’s. I think it was 21 bucks.

2 Likes

Can you suck water up with it? Or i dont get what you mean dude?

1 Like

Yes … (ie) wet vac… they are awesome and worth every penny… :wink:
It’s definitely a good tool to have in your arsenal when growing in doors… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

it will suck up the nutrient solution from inside a 5 gallon bucket in 15 seconds. I attached a narrow end vacuum piece to the end of the hose. I can then use it to suck up all the residue and gunk on the bottom and sides of bucket, it cleans it right out, no fuss. Then reload with fresh nutes, plant never leaves the bucket. Change out solution weekly, takes about an hour to switch out 6 buckets.

3 Likes

I was imagining using it for sucking the whole 3 gallons up lol
Ill deffo buy one, sounds very handy to get that annoying bottom of the bucket crap up. Cheers
Also i have mildew!! Only on the soil plants, ive bought a solution that has stinging nettle extract and something else in it, seems to be doing the job. And no more problems with deficiency’s! thank you mono nutes.

So is it time for some LST? Monstercropping? Advice would be awesome.
I topped the 4 or 5 biggest ones a few days ago and they seem to be doing what their suppose to.
Also, I do want to do a skrog so @hillcrest21678 if you want input that would be sweet

1 Like

Dear journal, PH was at 4.2 in the biggest plants reservoir! Lucky I got the ph meter in time, waterproof so won’t die if I drop it in like the last one. Roots are… well incredible. Especially considering the ph was totally mad for a good 5 days. Will take better pics tomorrow.
Small fed 5ml and big 10ml of grow.

1 Like

@Akshooter

Hey man, I use a turkey baster to put nute solution into a shot glass, then test. I tend to drop my meter alot.

2 Likes

Looking good man!! I’ve never done hydro, just soil. They look much better than my brother’s did though!

1 Like

The big ones definitely look like candidates for topping and lst. Good and healthy.

1 Like

That sounds like a plan man, you can imagine me holding the net pot, holding it above my head because of how huge the roots are, while dipping the PH meter in a dark bucket, struggling to see the reading due to low visibility haha

Reckon I should tie the big big leaves down to open up and get light in the middle? the whole top? what’s your take bro

If you want a shorter, more squat bush, I would top it. Make sure that you don’t get the two side shoots at the base of the node. They will become your new primary’s. Let the plant recover for about a week and let the new primary’s get about three nodes growth on them and then start tying down. In my experience anyway.

2 Likes