Making Marijuana Tea

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

“Can you please help me, I am new to growing marijuana and dont know when the plant is ready for harvest. I will attach a few photos, can you please look at them and let me know if it is ready. Can I use the leaves when I prune the plant? Do you have a recipe for making marijuana tea?”

2 Likes

They’ve been in flower for about a month.

1 Like

Thank you @Buck3

1 Like

most require about 60 days of flowering @ejvr

Thanks for the tag @Buck3

Do me a favor and untag the admin. No need to tag him here, he’s a busy guy! Thanks bud.

1 Like

Thanks @bob31 I will leave it for another 30 days.

I would post another pic of the pistils in about 3 weeks and lets see how you’re looking @ejvr

2 Likes

I was wondering why Garrigan edited out latewood when someone requested advanced help. MacGyver too. @bob31

well basically he is the site admin
Will Garrigan, dj and hog and dumme are moderators and CB and I are the mentors.

macg and toker were doing two jobs in the lab and here on the forum so they just tweaked things up a little and they are taking care of the labs. Will does both the lab and the forum as well.

Hope that makes sense? @Myfriendis410

So the mods would be the advanced grow support and LW is over all supreme allied commander

3 Likes

Thanks for tag @Buck3 I haven’t done a cannabis tea myself but @MacGuyverMedic posted a link that included this using the plants stems:

First is a simple tea that you can drink either hot or cold; I prefer it cold. All you need is a pot for boiling water, a pitcher, a sharp knife and a handful of stems. Here’s how you do it:

Set a full tea kettle of water on to boil. While you wait for the pot to boil, cut your stems down to a length that will fit easily into your pitcher to be covered by water. Then, split them lengthwise, as shown in the picture. You want to be able to see the white, pithy part inside. Put your processed stems into your pitcher.

Once the water has reached a rolling boil, pour it over the stems and cover the pitcher.

Tip: If you are using a glass pitcher, you can put a metal spoon in it and pour the water over the spoon to prevent your pitcher from breaking due to the quick temperature change – old bartender trick –
Set the pitcher aside and let the tea steep for twenty-four hours. You can put it in the refrigerator if you like. Serve over ice or re-heat via your preferred method and enjoy.

This tea provides quick relief from headaches and nausea. Since there isn’t a lot of THC in it, it can both help with sleep or provide enough pain relief to keep you going if that’s what’s up.

Since I like my tea sweet it’s easier for me to infuse the honey and just use that in the tea,

7 Likes

Thanks @AnneBonny I will try this recipe.

1 Like

Thank you @bob31 that will help a lot.

1 Like

Here are my Marijuana Tea recipes Enjoy

Will smoking-hookah

Marijuana tea is a soothing treat that imparts a calming high, perfect for pain or stress relief. To extract the THC, the potent chemical in marijuana, butter or another fat must be heated with the tea. This wikiHow will show you how to make marijuana tea.

Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time (steeping): 30 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes

Note: Highly potent marijuana will yield highly potent tea. Be careful not to use too much, and avoid driving or operating machinery after drinking.
10 Second Summary

1. Mix 1/2 gram of ground marijuana buds with 1/2 teaspoon of butter.

2. Place the mixture into an empty tea bag or tea ball.

3. Simmer 1 1/2 cups of water over medium-high heat.

4. Add the tea bag or tea ball. Make sure it is tightly closed.

5. Simmer for 30 minutes. Don’t let the water boil or evaporate.

6. Remove the tea and allow to cool for 5 minutes before drinking.
    Ingredients
    Easy Marijuana Tea

1/2 gram marijuana buds
    1/2 teaspoon butter
    Tea bag (any flavor)
    1 1/2 cups water
    Optional sugar or honey

Marijuana Chai Latte

1/2 gram marijuana buds
1/2 teaspoon butter
1 chai tea bag
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons sugar

Marijuana Herbal Tea

1/2 gram marijuana buds
1 cup water
Tea bag (any flavor)
Optional sugar or honey

Method 1
Making Marijuana Tea (Easy Method)

Image titled Make Marijuana Tea Step 1
Grind the marijuana buds. Separate out the stems and seeds if necessary, and use a grinder or chop up the buds with a sharp knife until they're finely chopped, but not completely powdered.
Image titled Make Marijuana Tea Step 2
Mix the buds with butter. Place them together in a bowl and use a spoon to mix up the buds and butter, making sure each piece is coated with fat. You want the grounds to be completely coated, but not soaked in butter; too much will inhibit the release of THC.
    Note: If you want a potent marijuana tea it's necessary to extract the THC from the plant. Since THC is not soluble in water alone it requires a fatty substance to cling onto under high heat. The combination of the high heat from the hot water and the fat from the butter removes the THC from the ground buds and allows you to ingest it.
Image titled Make Marijuana Tea Step 3
Empty a tea bag and fill it with the marijuana butter mixture. Use a scissors to cut off the top of the bag, then empty the contents. Spoon the ground marijuana into the bag, then fold it over several times to keep the marijuana from spilling out.[1]
    If you have a metal tea ball, you can use that instead.
    Or use a coffee filter: place the marijuana in the center of the filter, then gather the edges and tie it up to make a little bag.
Image titled Make Marijuana Tea Step 4
Bring the water to a simmer on the stove. Pour it into a small pan and place it over medium high heat, so that it comes to a simmer but not a full boil.
Image titled Make Marijuana Tea Step 5
Simmer the teabag in the water for 30 minutes. Reduce the heat if the mixture starts to boil. If the water is getting low, add a little more so it doesn't completely evaporate.[2]
Image titled Make Marijuana Tea Step 6
Take it off the heat and remove the teabag. The marijuana tea will be very hot so be careful and let it cool for 5 minutes. If you want flavored tea, add another teabag of your choice during the last three minutes of simmering.
Image titled Make Marijuana Tea Step 7
Stir in sugar or honey to taste, then enjoy. As with most marijuana products consumed orally, tea takes 45-60 minutes to come into full effect.
    Note: Even with only a 1/2 gram, this tea will create a strong high.

Method 2
Marijuana Chai Latte

Image titled Make Marijuana Tea Step 8
Grind the marijuana buds. Separate out the stems and seeds if necessary, and use a grinder or chop up the buds with a sharp knife until they're finely chopped, but not completely powdered.
Image titled Make Marijuana Tea Step 9
Blend the marijuana, milk, butter and vanilla. Place the ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
Image titled Make Marijuana Tea Step 10
Let the mixture rest for an hour. This gives the flavors a chance to meld.[3]
Image titled Make Marijuana Tea Step 11
Add the water and simmer the mixture for 30 minutes. Monitor the pan carefully to make sure it doesn't begin to boil or evaporate away. Add more water if necessary to keep the level of liquid constant.
Image titled Make Marijuana Tea Step 12
Remove it from heat and add the chai teabag. Steep the teabag for five minutes. During this time the tea will begin to cool.
Image titled Make Marijuana Tea Step 13
Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve. Place the sieve (or a piece of cheesecloth) over a bowl and pour the tea through to remove the tiny pieces of bud. You can skip this step if you don't mind their texture.
Image titled Make Marijuana Tea Step 14
Pour the tea into a mug and enjoy. Stir in sugar and more milk to taste. For an extra-indulgent drink, add a dollop of whipped cream topped with a sprinkling of cinnamon.
    Note: Even with only a 1/2 gram, this tea will create a strong high.

Method 3
Marijuana Herbal Tea

Image titled Make Marijuana Tea Step 15
Image titled Make Marijuana Tea Step 16
Empty a tea bag and fill it with the marijuana. Use a scissors to cut off the top of the bag, then empty the contents. Spoon the ground marijuana into the bag, then fold it over several times to keep the marijuana from spilling out.
    If you have a metal tea ball, you can use that instead.
    Or use a coffee filter: place the marijuana in the center of the filter, then gather the edges and tie it up to make a little bag.
Image titled Make Marijuana Tea Step 17
Put the tea bag in a coffee mug. Add a second regular teabag if you want to enhance the flavor. Earl grey, Irish breakfast, or flavored herbal teas all taste great.
Image titled Make Marijuana Tea Step 18
Boil a cup of hot water. You can do it either on the stove or in the microwave.
Image titled Make Marijuana Tea Step 19
Pour the water into the mug and let the tea steep for three to five minutes. The longer it steeps, the deeper the flavor of the tea will be.
Image titled Make Marijuana Tea Step 20
Remove the tea bags and drink the tea. Stir in sugar, honey or milk to taste.
    Note: Plain marijuana tea has a nice herbal flavor but will not produce a high, since it's necessary to extract the THC using fat to get the full effect. If you want potent marijuana tea, use a different method.
7 Likes

OMG ~ Thanks for sharing that @garrigan62 Have it bookmarked for future use.

Thank you @garrigan62 !!

@Buck3

I asked for a favor. And I said Thank You. Just wanted to clarify that. Best Wishes