Major Heat Stress and Foxtailing, HELP!

What’s up guys, I got some outdoor plants suffering from the extremely hot weather we’ve been having this summer. I have 3 blade leaves forming from the new growth and recently had to chop one that foxtailed like crazy shortly after flowering resulting in some nasty airy stretched out buds. I installed a mister to try to cool them down and have them partially shaded. Is there a way to bring them back from foxtailing and grow normal again?

1 Like

Honestly it depends on how far through flower they are

1 Like

The remaining are still in veg, out of 10, 3 are are starting to foxtail

Foxtailing is a term for flowering plants veg plants stretch, do you have any pictures

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll get some up asap

I have a sneaking suspicion your plants may be turning hermaphrodite, not foxtailing as you say. Foxtailing rarely occurs outdoors, it mainly occurs indoors, later in flowering when plants are too close to their light source. Upload some pics asap.

1 Like

I disagree with turning hermie for the moment being especially if they are still in veg

1 Like

I hope these pics help.

@Majiktoker he posted pics but didnt tag you

1 Like

Sorry man finishing that transmission

1 Like

They arent Foxtailing they are vegging normally looks like aggressive vegetative

2 Likes

Looking like happy girls stretching to be all they can be

3 Likes

They look great bro, no probs, it must be genetics the reason why you have 3 bladed leaves. It looks like they might be getting her stretch on and are preparing to pack the weight on. Get those stems prepared to hold the weIght of heavy colas cuz they will fall over or break if you don’t.

1 Like

Are they all the same strain?

1 Like

Oh man, it is good to hear all those positive comments, I thought the the 3 blades and even single blades on new growth was the beginning stags of foxtailing, looks like I need to freshen up on my studies. As far as the strains the first 3 in the front row are photos that were given to me by a frind of mine, not sure the strain but looking definitely like sativa. The rest are Gorilla Glue autos. I think tomorrow I might take some close up pics on a few other spots that have me concerned and see what you guys think. Thanks for all your replys

2 Likes