Looking into 600watt HPS/MH air cooled and know nothing

I have t5 that i used on last grow. Was thinking of getting another one but the subject of the 600 has come up. How did you like the t5? Use for just seedlings?

Something else to take into consideration amongst all the chattering is the fact that a lot of electronic ballast will send out a frequency that is easily detected from the outside of your house… if you’re not in a legal state , they’re are only 2 that I know of and I can’t remember their names at the moment , but please do your investigating before you purchase… I myself only use the old school magnetic ballast because they’re true , tried and I believe in them and I know that nobody can detect that they are running from the outside of my house even though I’m in a legal State… I still don’t want people knowing my business… the only thing on the negative side of them is they tend to carry a little heat sometimes unless you’re able to hook them to 240 volt… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I just used the t5 from sprout till about 2-3 weeks then I used the LEDs and used the t5s for side lighting.

Good point about the magnetics being detectable. @Smokin_ernie is in the free state of Massachusetts

1 Like

Thanks @peachfuzz! Good point never gave it a thought. I suppose the better the ballast the quieter it would be and more expensive.

1 Like

U guys misunderstood… or maybe I suck at explaining… lol
The newer Electronic balists send out a frequency… :wink:
The old school magnetic ballast do not send out a frequency… :wink:

2 Likes

Gotta!! Sometimes I am a slow learner. Haha So if I can get a magnetic ballasts would be a good thing?

Yes… they are cheaper then the new electronic balists… :wink:

You can get a 1000 watt hps magnetic for like $100 USA money… but I would suggest a 600 watt instead…
I have grown extremely potent medicine under a 600 watt , but I have grown more meds under a 1000 watt which weren’t as good… if that makes any sense… when it comes to cost and quality , I would go with a 600 watt hps for flower… :wink:

1 Like

That’s some seriously scary (hopefully paranoid and not true) shit right there. If cops could pick them up people would get utterly hut raped.

I use an air cooled ipower 600 watt hid mentioned in @B345T post…it is set up in my cellar, it does raise temps, it will grow healthy, potent medicine.

The 600 watt is the most efficient for energy to light.

Hands down… Solis-Tek!!!
No fans, no noise…
Also, very minimal heat. Just let one of your oscillating fans blow across your ballast.
I also run their bulbs, because they use low E glass.
Just check out Hydro Empire, I picked up their 1000 watt ballast for $210.
Just don’t get the new Matrix, they’ve been having software problems with them… they still have a few bugs to work out.

No joke @McLovin777… real $h!t…
If you are using a electronic balist and you have a am / fm radio and you have it set at a certain megahertz it will pick up your Ballasts from like 2 miles away… :wink:
Trust me… old school magnetic when it comes to stealth @McLovin777 … I only speak from truth… always… :wink:

1 Like

I will look back in my info for the 2 electronic units I’m talking about that won’t get you busted and post… but if I was any of you wanting to use hps or MH … I would go magnetic unless you don’t give a f_£k… then do whatever… in the end I’m just trying to keep all of you safe… :wink:

3 Likes
4 Likes

Thanks everyone some good info. Even though I am in a legal state I don’t need to draw attention to the growing.

1 Like

Virtual Sun 600W HPS MH Grow Light Hood Reflector Magnetic Ballast Kit 600 Watt https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005UGWWSW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_.EvjzbAZNK92R

Just found this one. Opinions? @peachfuzz

I’ll scare you a bit more @McLovin777 I heard a story the other day say a German company has figured out a why to get 3D images from any where there is wifi signals so basically they can see everything :open_mouth::anguished::rage:
I’m sure this is a bad thing if it get out to marked

2 Likes

@Smokin_ernie for me personally i prefer a dimmable ballast not sure if they do them for the old skool magnetics??
that way you can introduce them to the bulb over a few days rather than just smashing them with 600w day one lol

was interested in what @peachfuzz was saying though about the frequency going to have to look into that coz yeah urmm don’t need the extra attention here lol…

3 Likes

I posted something earlier @B345T
I heard a German company developed a system that can make 3D images out of wifi signals basically allowing them to see anywhere there is wifi
Talk about scary
I’m going to go off the grid soon lol

The set up you posted would work perfectly… the only thing that I could not find where the specs on the hood as far it’s dementions… just curious how big or small it is… price wasn’t bad either… :wink:

1 Like

yeah just read that in the morning garden :frowning: going to disable the wifi on my router now

2 Likes